My recent GAC experience and thanks!

Gertrude

Waiting in vain
I want to thank all of you for all of the helpful info I read before my trip! We returned about a week ago and had a great time.

I also want to report I had only the slightest problem with the GAC. I got it at the International Gateway at Epcot. I found that this would not be my #1 choice in the future because you need to discuss the child's disability by talking through the window with other people waiting behind you. This requires you to raise the volume of your voice a bit.

A few days later, we unexpectedly ended up at MK (we went to visit the Poly, then it rained, so we decided to go over to MK). I remembered I did not have the card with me, so I went into the City Hall GS. I explained to the CM that I left my pass in my room and without further explanation, he gave me another card.

We had great service the entire time of our stay. Having the GAC definately made our stay more magical as my DD could accomplish more without getting frazzled. I now see the difference an accommodation makes, and so does my DH!

Thanks again! :wizard:

I am glad to read the GAC worked well for you. I think the CMs try to not overuse the alternate entrance stamp.

Man they give out GAC's much easier at WDW. If you asked for it that way at Disneyland they would not give it to you. If you ask for a certain stamp they think "you know the system to well." and fear it may be abuse. Disneyland is so strict on giving them out it is very hard to get them unless you go in wth your old card. If you go in with your old GAC they ask for ID and if you still require the same assistance as before and then they also ask what assistance was it you needed before. It has helped out alot with abuse but it is also very fustrating when you have two kids with you that have a problem standing there while you explain. Normally my daughter freaks out in city hall because it is closed in witth a lot of people. When they see how she behaves it is not a problem after that. They can ether see she has issues with enclosed areas or they want her out of there fast because she is loud!!! LOL
I am so happy you had a great experiance and that you had no hassle during your stay with the GAC it sounds like they were very accomidating with the needs of those that need the help at WDW.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
JenJen

Jen,

Actually, I did not ask that way, I was paraphrasing -- badly!
I did have her with me but, at the time, she was acting exactly like every other kid who can't wait to get into the park. SO I am not sure she would have been pegged for disabled. I did have to ask her to calm down several times though.

there is maybe a little more detail and exact language in this thread than is a good idea to have on a very public board. I would appreciate it if you aould all look at your posts and edit them a bit.
Thank you.

sue can you PM me and let me know what you would like to be edited? I would be more then happy to do so. I am so sorry.
JenJen

JenJen said:
sue can you PM me and let me know what you would like to be edited? I would be more then happy to do so. I am so sorry.
JenJen
Yours is fine.
Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter