My Pre-Pregnancy Disney Dream Pre-trip!!!

TheTravelingCarters

Vacation Addict
So I need to release my excitement and compulsive research and planning. And it seems like a pre-trip report is the best method for doing so. I have lots of ideas stirring around and I need to put them in writing (an maybe get some helpful advice or opinions;);) ). Let me warn you- this is my first attempt at a report like this, so it is a work in progress; but I am gonna give it my best!

My husband and I have decided to to start trying to have children:love::love: BUT before we do, we thought we need to experience the Magic of Disney World as a couple without any children...which leads me to my obsessive planning to make it perfect!

Introductions:
ME - the obsessed planner :surfweb:, Mandy (27)
DH - the man behind the money:rotfl:, Josh (28)
We live in Birmingham, Al and have been married for 3 1/2 years. As mentioned above, we have no kids yet but hopeful for one in the upcoming year! However, we do have some adorable dogs...

Transportation:
The Flex! Yep, we decided to drive Orlando, leaving at midnight (approx. 9 hours from our house). DH likes to have the road to himself and I like waking up in a different state:yay:
We also decided that we wanted to have fun at Universal and Disney attractions...

This is what I am sure of:
Sept 18 -22: staying at the universal Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 22- 26: staying at the WDW Boardwalk Inn - Garden Suite :woohoo:
-Universal 4 day Park to Park Access tickets - plus we get to use the express line since we are staying at the Hard Rock:cool1:
-WDW 7 day Magic Your Way Park Hopper with Water Park Fun and more - because we like to bounce around to mix things up during the days

LINKS:
Last Year Orlando FUN Flashbacks
The eating plan
Hotel Excitement...what he let's me book a Garden Suite?!?!
My father-in-law gets to meet up with us -this is good news:teeth:
Epic Drinking in Epcot
Universal's Halloween Horror Night!!!
My ADR's and the menu items I am admiring too often
Travel Plans for excited insomniacs

DH and I are what most may call fitness freaks. I however like to refer to it as living a long term healthy lifestyle. Either way, we maintain our normal workout routine and as close to healthy "clean" eating as possible while vacationing. Sometimes this can be difficult due to the location or lack of planning. Since I have several months before we take this trip, I am studying all the menus, dining reviews and pictures to get a handle on where we would enjoy eating. LOTS of information to get wrapped up in...so any advice or words of wisdom along the way would be greatly appreciated:worship::worship::worship:

We are not big on fast food, avoid fried food at all cost and typically migrate toward seafood! Huge fans of yummy hummus, turkey & chicken club sandwiches on whole grain breads, fresh SUSHI, perfectly cooked steaks, gourmet cheeses and unique salads. So here are the restaurants I have picked so far:

for lunch-
Mythos at islands of Adventure
Emeril's at Citywalk
Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios
Grand Floridian Cafe

For dinner-
Orchid Court Sushi Bar at Royal Pacific Resort
Tokyo Dining at Epcot
Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge
Plaza Restaurant at Magic Kingdom
Ohanas at Polynesian

ANY SUGGESTIONS:confused3

Hi, just subbed to your report. Looks like you guys are going to have plenty of fun at Universal and WDW!! You are lucky you get to go to WWOHP this year! BTW, you and your DH are one great looking couple. The dogs are cute as well. :)
You guys sound just like me and my DH, we are planning to have kids as well, and want to make one last trip to WDW in Sept. before we start our family!

Sounds like you guys have the kind of diet that I *strive* to have but not quite there yet. :cutie: I do love some healthy foods though, like hummus (I love love the freshly made stuff, not the pre-packaged stuff), sushi and all kinds of seafood in general, whole-gran breads, and soy (tofu and the like). I try not to eat too badly on a daily basis but it's hard when you have a large extended family who likes to get together and eat. :rotfl:

I think you guys may enjoy California Grill, or The Wave, both in the Contemporary resort. They specialize in fresh, California/Pacific-Rim cuisine. California Grill also has sushi. Although I have not been to either myself, I have always heard great things about them.

The Moroccan pavillion in Epcot has a great quick service place which has hummus, tabouleh salads and other fresh middle-eastern specialities which may fit your needs. We tried it last year and we enjoyed it! :love:
Also, if you are in MK, the Columbia Harbour House quick services had a nice fresh salad with sunflower seeds, chicken breast and chedder cheese. I had ordered a side of apple slices with DH's fish n chips entree (minus the chips obviously) and used the apples in the salad. It was really good!

Your other dining choices sound great too! I've been to Brown Derby and it's delish! Are you doing the free dining as well?

Looking forward to hearing more of your pre trip report!

YAY! someone is reading my pre-trip report!!!!

Chunkymonkey- your reports are fabulous and very interesting. You guys seem fun like us :yay: Thanks for the restaurant suggestions- I am pondering over the two places at Contemporary...menus do look fabulous! I am having a hard time getting a reservation for California Grill and Ohana's in the two hour time frame I am hoping for....

We are not doing the Free Dining Plan...but we got a great deal on the BWI Garden Suite! I think the FDP would end up being a waste for us since neither of us eat dessert or snacks. So I am planning for us to have breakfast in the Concierge lounge of the BWI then one meal to be sandwiches/salads and the other a really nice meal. We will be bringing our protein bars, shakes, etc to have in between the main meals.

Question: Is it easy to find Espresso everywhere in the mornings? That will be a MUST for us each day with the schedule I am creating :rotfl:

We are so EXCITED to get to spend so much time at both WDW and Universal!!! last year, we took a short getaway to Orlando which only made us want more time!!!! Here's some of my favorite pics from last year's trip...

YAY! someone is reading my pre-trip report!!!!

Chunkymonkey- your reports are fabulous and very interesting. You guys seem fun like us :yay: Thanks for the restaurant suggestions- I am pondering over the two places at Contemporary...menus do look fabulous! I am having a hard time getting a reservation for California Grill and Ohana's in the two hour time frame I am hoping for....

We are not doing the Free Dining Plan...but we got a great deal on the BWI Garden Suite! I think the FDP would end up being a waste for us since neither of us eat dessert or snacks. So I am planning for us to have breakfast in the Concierge lounge of the BWI then one meal to be sandwiches/salads and the other a really nice meal. We will be bringing our protein bars, shakes, etc to have in between the main meals.

Question: Is it easy to find Espresso everywhere in the mornings? That will be a MUST for us each day with the schedule I am creating :rotfl:

Thank you! We are not as young as you guys but we act like kids half the time. I am the oldest in my family of 4 girls and my sisters seriously think I am nuts for going to Disney all the time...they are just like...when are you guys going to settle down and have kids?? LOL :rotfl:

Wow, the BWI is a wonderful resort and I can just imagine what the Garden Suites are like! We love the Boardwalk area! Epcot and DHS are our 2 favorite parks. :cutie:

You know I have not had any espresso drinks in the morning at Disney. I usually just have a coffee, or what they pass off as coffee at Disney. It's not usually very good. But I know most deluxe resorts have quick service places which may have a coffee bar. You should probably check with BWI. And I *think* most parks have a bakery-type place which should serve espresso drinks. I think Starring Rolls in DHS is an example. And I think if you walk down Main Street at MK there is bound to be a place...sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Your pictures are great!! You look like you have fun on all your vacations!!

Some of life's:sick: hiccups :sick:have slowed down my trip planning, so it has taken me much longer to figure it all out BUT with 3 weeks till we go, I think I am almost finish:cool1:

My meal planning is quit tricky, since we live a healthy lifestyle all day, everyday. My husband and I eat 5=6 small meals a day, so several meals will be things I bring like protein shakes/bars, protein trail mix, etc. But with hours spent looking over menus and studying photos, I think I have narrowed down my restaurant options and made some great selections! Lots of time was put into this.....so drumroll.....

Overview of days with planned restaurants

Day 1: traveling/ checking into Hard Rock Hotel
breakfast- Fresh at The Swan
dinner-Orchid Court Sushi Bar

Day2: Hard Rock Pool day / Universal Studios
dinner- Sunshine Seasons

Day 3: Islands of Adventure/Magic Kingdom
lunch- Mythos at IOA
dinner- Season's 52

Day 4: Universal Studios / Hollywood Studios/Citywalk
lunch - The Kitchen
dinner- California Grill!!! (FINALLY got a reservation)

Day 5: switching to Boardwalk Inn / Animal Kingdom/Downtown Disney

lunch- Whole Foods
dinner-Wolfgang Puck Cafe

Day6: Hollywood Studios/ Polynesian
breakfast- BWI Innkeeper's Club
lunch- Brown Derby
dinner- The Wave

Day 7: Epcot / Halloween Horror Night
breakfast- BWI Innkeeper's Club
lunch- Tokyo Dining

Day 8: Animal Kingdom & Wilderness Lodge
breakfast- Kouzzina
midday- Kusafari (espresso to mix with protein shake)
dinner- Artist Point

Day 9: checking out / driving home
breakfast- breakfast- BWI Innkeeper's Club
lunch- Via Napoli

Hi, I'm in!!
You & your husband are the best looking couple!!!
I think that's great that you are taking one last trip before you have kids. Though this is the best time of our life, I wish we had traveled more before kids.
Sorry, I cannot give you any feedback on your dining reservations since I have never been to any of them. I'm kindof like you, in that I mostly just eat salads. I eat small amounts & never get my money's worth at restaurants. So I like the free dining & we pick all of our restaurants at WDW that are geared towards entertainment for the kids.
I cannot wait to read more about your trip, especially about WWOHP!

We decided, well I basically decided and the hubby went along with the idea...that since we were spending several days at the Universal park, we should stay at one of those on-site resorts so that we can skip the lines. After all, this is where most of our repeat roller coaster action will take place. Last year, we went at a slow time and still had long waits, so we were envious of the people in the Express Lane.

So I booked us for the first 4 nights at The Universal Hard Rock Resort. The pool looks amazing; so at least one half day will be spent relaxing by it!

P1310665.jpg

Then on day 5 we are moving over to The Boardwalk Inn for 4 more nights of 24hour a day Disney! I must have caught my husband on a great day because when I saw how cool the 2 story garden suites were, I looked up the rates and presented it as an option....and surprisingly he said "that sounds like a fun way to spend our pre-kid trip to disney." YIPPIE!!!!!!!
:yay::yay::yay::yay:
0db3f406.jpg
Boardwalk.jpg

So my father-in-law has broke up with his girlfriend and needs a little getaway. SO we invited him to meet up with us a for a few days toward the end of our trip and he said yes! We have a blast with him, so I am excited. Plus we are going to tell him at dinner one night that we are now actively "trying to make him a grandfather". He is arriving Thursday and will be staying at the Boardwalk Inn too.

Just one of the many fun times just us three:
NYE1.jpg

I have lots of details compiled but since there is really no activity on my Pre-Trip report; I think I will stop with it and just do a Dining Review when we return...

Awww and I was just happy because I saw you're in the same situation that I am in (or similar at least!)

I'm going to Disney September 10th with my fiance! We're doing this trip before we're married because we don't plan on waiting long after the wedding to start having kids! :)

It looks like you have a great plan in place, I'm not quite as organized but we're all set and ready to go. The future hubby doesn't want a super strict schedule so I held back a little bit from my crazy planning.

Anyways your trip is coming up, keep planning away!!

Hope that if you do get pregnant that your pregnancy is as sucsessful as mine is going so far.

we're doing this trip before we're married because we don't plan on waiting long after the wedding to start having kids! :)

We had originally said we wanted to wait 5 years after we were married to have kids to give plenty of "us" time. We have been married 3 1/2 years now and are ready...I think my adorable niece and nephew helped move up the plans :) But we did date 2 years before getting married, so we kind of stuck with the 5 years together part...:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter