My NEW Fold and Go Wheelchair is the best investment that I have ever made. Great at Disney and eve

Regarding the extended footrest - I’m not sure if I’d be able to use it if I had the original HD model chair. The stationary armrests would require exiting by standing up forward and under those circumstances I’d prefer to have the footrest flipped up. Until I see it I’m not sure if the longer footrest - when flipped up - would extend up higher than the seat, hence becoming another obstacle to deal with either way. One unexpected thing I’ve come to really appreciate with the MagShock model is how much easier it is for me to flip up the armrest and exit to the side. Easier and safer, too, without worries of getting my feet tangled in chair parts.
On the HD chair, there’s a clip that you flip up on the side to raise the arms.

Aha. I was wondering how they accommodated a user who needs to transfer from the side. . Thanks.

Yep, underneath the armrest, there is a clip thingie that locks the armrest down or you can turn it up 90-degrees to unlock the armrest all of the way back. Or just leave it unlocked.

I didn't know this at first either.

What I found perplexing sitting in my wheelchair was how to push the armrest back down.

Once I got out of the chair and looked at it from the side, I figured out that the mechanism under the armrest was keeping it from folding down.

I finally figured out to grap the center of that mechanism and pulled it forward and the armrest came back down.

The best way I can explain it is the center of the under armrest mechanism bends forward to push down the armrest. When I push the armrest up and back the center mechanism can go from facing front to past 90-degrees and facing backward.

That is why I couldn't just push the armrest down.

I had to grab that mechanism that was slightly facing backward and easily pull it forward past the 90-degree point and the armrest just came down where it was supposed to be.

Sometimes at home, I would stand behind my wheelchair and lift the armrest with the joystick all the way up so I could move my chair forward or backward without sitting in the seat.

And sometimes to transfer, I would lift the armrest all of the way up.

I don't usually turn the clip to lock it. I could. But I just don't.

The new MagShock doesn't have this issue because there is no mechanism underneath the armrests.

FNGO_Green_UNFOLD2.jpg

FNGO_Green_UNFOLD6.jpg

Attachments

• 1571358843074.png
    1571358843074.png
    413.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
It has been about a year since I asked about when the lift would be ready for sale by Fold and Go Wheelchair company. I have the feeling after the emails to and from them today that they are going to have one.

Date: Friday, October 18, 2019 at 7:26 AM
To: <Support@FoldandGoWheelchairs.com>
Subject: Hi! Any update on your wheelchair lift ongoing project? Ray

Hi! Any update on your wheelchair lift ongoing project? Ray

Sent: Friday, October 18, 2019 1:59 PM
To: Ray Sharpton
Subject: Re: Hi! Any update on your wheelchair lift ongoing project? Ray

Ray,
Thank you for your email. We are working towards getting new products available to our customers each and every month. If you want to follow us on Facebook, we will post new releases of products on our Facebook page. That way you won’t have to keep checking on when something might become available. We appreciate your business and look forward to hearing from you.

Enjoying Life on Wheels,

Happy Customer Support Team
FOLD & GO Wheelchairs

Support@foldandgowheelchairs.com
http://www.foldandgowheelchairs.com
PHONE: 512.817.FOLD

Date: Friday, October 18, 2019 at 11:46 AM
To: <support@foldandgowheelchairs.com>

Thank you, Happy Customer Support Team.

I am a follower of yours on Facebook.

I just know a year ago you were contemplating making a lift.

I get the feeling that is no longer happening.

I guess that I will go ahead and place an order for a set of ramps to use with rental cars.

Thank you anyway.

It would have been nice to have a lift made by you.

Ray Sharpton

Sent: Friday, October 18, 2019 1:59 PM
To: Ray Sharpton

Ray,
I know that we are working on adding several things, so even though we don’t have a time table, we are most likely going to add items that can help people put the chairs in their cars. If you are needing something now, however, then the ramps for the car would be a good way to help you get the chair in the trunk. Please make sure that the ramps connect to the car somehow, so that you are protected from the wheelchair falling off of the ramp onto you. We appreciate your emails, please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Enjoying Life on Wheels,

Happy Customer Support Team
FOLD & GO Wheelchairs

Support@foldandgowheelchairs.com
http://www.foldandgowheelchairs.com
PHONE: 512.817.FOLD

It has been about a year since I asked about when the lift would be ready for sale by Fold and Go Wheelchair company. I have the feeling after the emails to and from them today that they are going to have one.

PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!

@RaySharpton , thanks for the tips. I didn’t think about leaves and such, and fortunately everything was dry when I was out practicing yesterday.

Regarding the extended footrest - I’m not sure if I’d be able to use it if I had the original HD model chair. The stationary armrests would require exiting by standing up forward and under those circumstances I’d prefer to have the footrest flipped up. Until I see it I’m not sure if the longer footrest - when flipped up - would extend up higher than the seat, hence becoming another obstacle to deal with either way. One unexpected thing I’ve come to really appreciate with the MagShock model is how much easier it is for me to flip up the armrest and exit to the side. Easier and safer, too, without worries of getting my feet tangled in chair parts.

I see where the Fold and Go Wheelchair put the extended footrest back on their website.

Even though I would like to use the extended footrest, it wouldn't work for me because I like to lift the footrest up when I start to sit down or getting out of the chair.

Even though it doesn't affect the folding wheelchair when sitting down the longer footrest goes above the wheelchair seat when pushed up.

And when I am already sitting, it won't go up all of the way.

I use a stretchy cable and hook it to the regular footrest and it is easier for me to use my foot to raise the footrest up and keep it up.

I used to use my cane.

I originally used the stretchy band to help hold grocery under the seat from falling out over rough sidewalks like a 3-liter soda bottle.

But the longer footrest is too long to fold up if I am already sitting down because my legs are in the way. I like to raise the footrest up a lot when getting in and out of the wheelchair.

For traveling on the airline the cover bag still goes over the wheelchair without it being too long.

Hey guys, did y’all see Fold and Go’s new “toy”?

FB431D41-31D5-46F0-8BC3-9ABDAFA22A22.jpeg

Okay, well, it’s not as much a toy for you as it’s more for your kid to catch a ride on the back of your chair. Good for those long days in the parks

Here’s the specs:
  • Platform Dimensions: 14″L x 7″W
  • Net Weight: 4.41 lbs
  • Color: Black
  • MAX Toddler Weight Capacity: 66 lbs
  • WeatherPROOF: Absolutely!
What it looks like unfolded:
B6A20A70-7BF5-4AFC-A489-A59E5609F1FB.jpeg

The straps that connect it to the back of the chair:
7012DBA8-374F-451C-9B35-28C83B75F251.jpeg

And what it looks like folded:644EF27E-AF7F-4216-9A18-5B7936EC7302.jpeg

The strap that holds it in place when not in use:
B3F2F268-D496-49F4-A947-1BE1D02AE0EB.jpeg

A How-To video on how to install it:

That would be great for grocery shopping for "heavy items" or for carrying a "box" or a "suitcase" if I couldn't roll my spinner luggage because of my broken/sprained wrist.

View attachment 446602

Okay, well, it’s not as much a toy for you as it’s more for your kid to catch a ride on the back of your chair. Good for those long days in the parks

Here’s the specs:
View attachment 446603

View attachment 446604

And what it looks like folded:View attachment 446605

View attachment 446606

View attachment 446602

Here’s the specs:
View attachment 446603

View attachment 446604

And what it looks like folded:View attachment 446605

View attachment 446606

LOL - don't they call the ones that attach to a stroller a "boogie board"?

TravelScoot makes some similar accessories - of course any device or accessory that adds "capacity" to a mobility device isn't legal at WDW, but they are clever nonetheless.

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 9.47.24 PM.png

Yep. A second seat that tows behind. The foot pegs can be equipped with the same foot pedals/foot plates that I use on Angus. (sold separately). They also have a trailer that mounts in the place of the seat on this rig, so you can pull cargo behind you!

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 9.56.05 PM.png

They also sell some other interesting goodies - like a "cruise kit" which is a front mounted basket with a tray (for buffets) and a doorstop to hold open cabin doors (not pictured here) and special mounts for double-stacking batteries, a "suspension" (shock absorber) seat post, and an extra-wide front wheel and fork for rougher terrain (also not pictured here)

Here's that "boogie board" attachment:
Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 9.48.27 PM.png

This is the "standing trailer" that TravelScoot sells. They actually have a universal mount kit so that it can be used with other mobility devices (pictured below). The distinguished looking gentleman on the TravelScoot is the inventor, Hardie Huber! (I have no idea who the standing person is LOL)
Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 9.48.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-22 at 9.48.17 PM.png

This is a picture of the universal mount for the "standing trailer"
Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 9.47.55 PM.png

And here it is on a non-TravelScoot device:
Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 9.47.44 PM.png

They also sell this - which I have been considering, because every now and again... It's just a little folding curb ramp for those times when things are quite as "compliant" as we would like them to be.

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 9.48.48 PM.png

Probably the thing I love the most about this company is that they do things like their "grow up" program for little ones who need a device; they replace the parts and frame of the device as the child increases in size to help spread out the cost of equipment. They also sell a secondary "back up" frame, so you transfer your seat, battery, etc. to the backup frame and keep on 'scooting! They also listen to their customers - after a lot of us told them about how the Crampbuster made a *huge* difference (the TravelScoot has a "twist" throttle like a motorcycle) in comfort and usability, they now sell the proper size CrampBuster in the online store!

LOL - don't they call the ones that attach to a stroller a "boogie board"?

They also sell this - which I have been considering, because of every now and again... It's just a little folding curb ramp for those times when things are quite as "compliant" as we would like them to be.

View attachment 446677

Probably the thing I love the most about this company is that they do things like their "grow up" program for little ones who need a device; they replace the parts and frame of the device as the child increases in size to help spread out the cost of equipment. They also sell a secondary "back up" frame, so you transfer your seat, battery, etc. to the backup frame and keep on 'scooting! They also listen to their customers - after a lot of us told them about how the Crampbuster made a *huge* difference (the TravelScoot has a "twist" throttle like a motorcycle) in comfort and usability, they now sell the proper size CrampBuster in the online store!

That sounds like a great company.

I have been looking for a portable sidewalk curb ramp like the one you show.

I'll have to look at that one to see if after putting it together, I can position it with my cane and pick it up with my cane. The photo shows a small black cord that might be used for that.

I know one time, I was staying at an older hotel called The Dillard House in Ga. That ramp would have come in handy.

screen-shot-2019-10-22-at-9-48-48-pm-png.446677

@RaySharpton - Accessories - TravelScoot is the link to more info & purchase!

LOL and you found the video! You are so resourceful! 😁

I saw that, but they want too much money, $95.00 + $20.00 shipping, for the 2-inch ramp and I don't need to pay for a cane that comes with it. It was funny watching the guy get a running start to go over the ramp to the sidewalk. It says it can only go over a 3-inch curb.

But they have a lot of accessories for their scooter and that is good.

PORTABLE CURB RAMP
Handy portable curb ramp helps navigate curbs up to 3 inches high. Ramp is 2 inches high, 31.5 inches long (in 3 segments), and weighs 3 lbs. It comes with a handy folding cane.

$20.00 S&H will be added when ordered separately.

PRICE
$95

Going to show my chair to a family friend. Thing is, he’s 6 feet tall. Would you say that the extended footrest would be a good idea for him?

Going to show my chair to a family friend. Thing is, he’s 6 feet tall. Would you say that the extended footrest would be a good idea for him?

Hi, Groot. I don't know. If he needs to fold the longer footrest up to get in and out then I would say no.

So tempted to rent one of these and see if it would be a good long-term fit. After being physically MISERABLE during our last trip and diagnosed with a chronic illness last month, I need to find something for mobility. I can't get over how these can fit into the trunk of my car. My family loves amusement parks and I'm sick of them having to leave early because I get sick from walking!

So tempted to rent one of these and see if it would be a good long-term fit. After being physically MISERABLE during our last trip and diagnosed with a chronic illness last month, I need to find something for mobility. I can't get over how these can fit into the trunk of my car. My family loves amusement parks and I'm sick of them having to leave early because I get sick from walking!

They do have rentals for the Regular (All rented out currently), HD (Now available, although since they’re discontinuing this model, don’t expect it to last long) and the MAGshock (Not available for rent until early 2020.) Here are your rental options and what you need to do:BDF58040-86A7-4BC7-8F9C-0B62E5BA1EEE.pngA3398D1B-1196-4D8A-B9AA-23B9C01DE8B3.jpegD0E92937-BBE1-4850-A46B-1353DEE631B8.jpeg

This thread made me remember something I saw last week in Epcot.
There was a group of 3 or 4 people near France and one of the women was pushing a folded power wheelchair or ECV. It was about the size of a medium to large suitcase. Not sure why it was being pushed instead of driven.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter