My NEW Fold and Go Wheelchair is the best investment that I have ever made. Great at Disney and eve

I wanted to thank you for such a delightful and informative thread! I’ve just started using a motorized wheelchair going to stores and malls and DEFINITELY need it at Disney, but it’s a Hoveround and no WAY can it be lifted and the ramp we need to use to get in and out of our van is super hard on our backs. So this looks particularly flexible. 🥰

Might I also add that you have the sweetest Disney smile I’ve seen? You’re adorable and your smile is infectious. Keep sharing with us. 💖💖

Yeah, compared to a HoverRound, the Fold and Go is more convenient in terms of portability. If you do get a Fold and Go, I’d recommend getting the Bumper Protector so that both your chair and your car are protected from scratches and the like on the paint job.

If your chair gets scratches and nicks on the paint, I would also get the Touch-Up Paint to keep the chair looking brand new.

I just got my Fold n Go on Friday, in part based on this thread (and in part based on youtube honestly). So far I'm really impressed. I have really bad spasticity in my right hand, so I can't use a traditional scooter with the squeeze tiller. I've been looking at motorized wheelchairs for years but there was no way my partner (or I, or both of us together) could take apart a PowerChair, load it into the trunk of my tiny car, and put it back together again. This chair? I can lift myself. Not great, not on all days probably, but the same way I usually am the one who has to hoist our suitcases into the trunk before a trip ;) I was worried about the learning curve for an electric chair, joystick and all, but it hasn't been too bad. I've taken it out twice for about an hour each time, once just buzzing around the neighbourhood to get used to it and the second to get groceries down the street. The only thing I've found difficult has been managing certain steep curb ramps (the fault of a very poorly-designed ramp, not the chair!) I'm nervously looking forward to using it on our trip to DL this October. Of course, based on how empty the park has been all summer, I don't think I'll need to dodge nearly as many people as I feared!

I just got my Fold n Go on Friday, in part based on this thread (and in part based on youtube honestly). So far I'm really impressed. I have really bad spasticity in my right hand, so I can't use a traditional scooter with the squeeze tiller. I've been looking at motorized wheelchairs for years but there was no way my partner (or I, or both of us together) could take apart a PowerChair, load it into the trunk of my tiny car, and put it back together again. This chair? I can lift myself. Not great, not on all days probably, but the same way I usually am the one who has to hoist our suitcases into the trunk before a trip ;) I was worried about the learning curve for an electric chair, joystick and all, but it hasn't been too bad. I've taken it out twice for about an hour each time, once just buzzing around the neighbourhood to get used to it and the second to get groceries down the street. The only thing I've found difficult has been managing certain steep curb ramps (the fault of a very poorly-designed ramp, not the chair!) I'm nervously looking forward to using it on our trip to DL this October. Of course, based on how empty the park has been all summer, I don't think I'll need to dodge nearly as many people as I feared!

Yay! Congratulations! I hope you will let us know how your trip to DL goes! (and I hope you all have a lovely trip!) 😀

Hi Ray
I have been researching electric wheelchairs for a few weeks and am very interested in the Fold and Go wheelchair. I came across your review and was so glad to find someone who actually owns one and has been using it. Would you mind if I asked you a few questions? I’ve never had an electric wheelchair and I’m a bit afraid of it. I bought a Pride mobility scooter a couple of years ago. I’m a large lady, 352 pounds, and I need something that can handle my weight. Of course I needed a lift for that, so spent a lot of money on the scooter and the lift. I’m not totally wheelchair dependent, but can not walk any distance. By the time I got the scooter loaded and strapped down, it was just too much for me. Then I actually had someone steal the ratchet straps from the lift. I gave up and donated the scooter and lift to charity. A salesman assured me that a solex transformer scooter would work great for me even though the weight limit is supposed to be 300 pounds. So I bought one of those. I took it on 2 cruises and it was the most uncomfortable, miserable ride I ever had. It has hardly any clearance and it feels like it needs the room of a semi truck to turn around. It will probably be donated to charity as well. I live in a small town, so it’s difficult to sell anything like that. I’m sorry my post is so long, but my point is I’ve wasted a lot of money already. I need to be very careful of my next purchase. My main concerns for the Fold and Go chair is how comfortable it is for a person of size such as myself. If I take it very slowly, how likely is it that I can master the joystick? How is the customer service with the company? Now that you’ve had it awhile, do you think it’s worth the price? I’m looking at the more expensive one, the Mag Force I believe it’s called. Thank you for any insight you can share with me.

Hi Ray
I have been researching electric wheelchairs for a few weeks and am very interested in the Fold and Go wheelchair. I came across your review and was so glad to find someone who actually owns one and has been using it. Would you mind if I asked you a few questions? I’ve never had an electric wheelchair and I’m a bit afraid of it. I bought a Pride mobility scooter a couple of years ago. I’m a large lady, 352 pounds, and I need something that can handle my weight. Of course I needed a lift for that, so spent a lot of money on the scooter and the lift.

Oof, that’s already a big expense right there.

I’m not totally wheelchair dependent, but can not walk any distance. By the time I got the scooter loaded and strapped down, it was just too much for me.

Yeah, I’m limited in walking too. I can understand the pain that you’re talking about.

Then I actually had someone steal the ratchet straps from the lift. I gave up and donated the scooter and lift to charity. A salesman assured me that a solex transformer scooter would work great for me even though the weight limit is supposed to be 300 pounds. So I bought one of those. I took it on 2 cruises and it was the most uncomfortable, miserable ride I ever had. It has hardly any clearance and it feels like it needs the room of a semi truck to turn around. It will probably be donated to charity as well.

Ouch. That scooter has a thin seat not meant for all day use too. I can understand why you would be uncomfortable. I like the foldability, just not the seat.
5D4AE60E-AA73-48D3-987D-9D6F5832AF0A.jpeg

I live in a small town, so it’s difficult to sell anything like that. I’m sorry my post is so long, but my point is I’ve wasted a lot of money already. I need to be very careful of my next purchase.

These chairs are GREAT for getting around ANYWHERE. I can also understand your money concerns as none of the options you tried really worked out.

My main concerns for the Fold and Go chair is how comfortable it is for a person of size such as myself.

Really comfortable. Compared to other folding chairs on the market, these are the ORIGINAL ONES and the best.

If I take it very slowly, how likely is it that I can master the joystick?

The joystick is very easy to master. Since it’s a REAR-WHEEL DRIVE powerchair, it’s like driving a scooter, minus the tiller & nose. Fold and Go even has a couple YouTube videos on how to drive it in different places:

How is the customer service with the company?

Really good. If you have any issues at all, you just call them up and depending on what the issue is, they can video conference the call with you and show you how to fix it.

Now that you’ve had it awhile, do you think it’s worth the price? I’m looking at the more expensive one, the Mag Force I believe it’s called. Thank you for any insight you can share with me.

Definitely worth it and the MagSHOCK is really nice. It has a contoured back for comfort, it’s 5 pounds lighter than the current HD model, new and improved footplate, and a bigger and better seat. (If you need another seat cushion, Spinlife has some pretty good options.)

It’s definitely the best thing in portable mobility. It’s the SAME PRICE AS a fully-outfitted CUSTOM manual wheelchair, but instead of having to push the rear wheels yourself, all you have to push is a tiny joystick and you’re good to go.

Congrats on the new chair! If you want a meet-up at DL, let me know when you’ll be there and we can roll around the park.

Hi Ray
I have been researching electric wheelchairs for a few weeks and am very interested in the Fold and Go wheelchair. I came across your review and was so glad to find someone who actually owns one and has been using it. Would you mind if I asked you a few questions? I’ve never had an electric wheelchair and I’m a bit afraid of it.

Hi, Cheryl. I'll be happy to try and answer your questions.

I never owned an electric wheelchair either before buying my Fold and Go Wheelchair.

I can understand spending so much money on a wheelchair and not knowing if it will work for me. I decided to rent a Fold and Go Wheelchair to use at WDW to see if it was right for me. And it was very easy for me to use after two weeks at WDW. I was very cautious of my surroundings and I used a slower speed around people in crowded situations and I used the same speed as other folks walking when there was more open space.

I bought one.

I bought a Pride mobility scooter a couple of years ago. I’m a large lady, 352 pounds, and I need something that can handle my weight.

I also weigh 340 pounds.

I have owned two mobility scooters. The first one was a Pride Revo 3-wheel mobility scooters. I researched for a long time. At the time it had a weight limit of 300-pounds even though I weighed 350-pounds, but it worked for me at WDW.

I wanted one for my weight and one I could take apart and put in my trunk. This worked for over a decade until I lost the use of my car. I had a tough time going up steep hills in my neighborhood. I was easily able to use rail trains to work, but some of the sidewalks and sidewalk ramps made it uncomfortable for me being so close to the moving car traffic using my Pride Mobility Revo 3-wheel mobility scooter. Especially with large breaks in the sidewalk and narrow sidewalks with no grass barrier between me and the busy traffic when going to work.

I bought another Pride Mobility Victory 10 LX (Model No. S710LX) 4-wheel mobility scooter that could carry me up the steep hills and fell safer on broken and poorly designed sidewalks that tilted downwards toward the dangerous traffic. It has a weight of 400-pounds but was too heavy and too big for me load into a car.

I love my Fold and Go Wheelchair, but sure do wish I had the newer Fold and Go MagSHOCK Wheelchair.

Of course, I needed a lift for that, so spent a lot of money on the scooter and the lift. I’m not totally wheelchair dependent, but can not walk any distance. By the time I got the scooter loaded and strapped down, it was just too much for me. Then I actually had someone steal the ratchet straps from the lift. I gave up and donated the scooter and lift to charity.

I am so sorry. I was thinking about buying a lift, too. I was afraid of the same thing happening to me.

I was researching for a long time for a car or SUV or minivan to carry my larger Pride Mobility Victory 10 LX (Model No. S710LX) 4-wheel mobility scooter. I didn't want to waste a lot of money on something like a car conversion or mobility scooter lift that might not work for me.

I can walk with my walking cane on good days, but not long distances. On my recent vacation, I fell hard three times. I severely sprained my left wrist in a shower about 12-days ago. I'm typing with one nondominant hand.

When I bought my Fold and Go Wheelchair, I could do so much more.

I can also deadlift the 55-pounds up to the rear entrance of the rental SUV. When I get it halfway in, I tilt it into the SUV and let 4-wheels help me push it the rest of the way in since I didn't have to turn my body nor walk to pick up pieces like a mobility scooter.

But I must use both hands.

I luckily got someone to help me load and unload my luggage and wheelchair from Kissimmee, Florida and back at home.

I don't usually travel by rental car. I was adventurous.

I am considering canceling my Smokey Mountain Fall leave's trip because not being able to use both hands.

I am still looking for a portable way to lift my wheelchair into a rental car. I think an SUV rear space being flat is better than a deep car trunk.

Or using a lightweight, portable ramp to roll the wheelchair into the SUV.

A salesman assured me that a Solex transformer scooter would work great for me even though the weight limit is supposed to be 300 pounds. So I bought one of those. I took it on 2 cruises and it was the most uncomfortable, miserable ride I ever had. It has hardly any clearance and it feels like it needs the room of a semi-truck to turn around. It will probably be donated to charity as well. I live in a small town, so it’s difficult to sell anything like that.

I am so sorry. That must be so frustrating.

Fold and Go Wheelchair has several options for purchasing, renting, or renting ti own.

https://www.foldandgowheelchairs.com/rent-folding-electric-wheelchair/

RENTAL OPTION #1
The best way to TRY before you BUY is with our Rental Program. We offer monthly rentals and provide FREE SHIPPING to and from your door.
Since we are in wheelchairs ourselves, as a company we decided not to sell our chairs to dealers, medical warehouses, retail stores, supply outlets or on Amazon.
You can use the rental chair for a month or more to test it out. If you love the rental chair, you can choose to keep it or ship the rental chair back and then purchase a brand-new chair in the color of your choice. Any money paid towards the rental chair DOES NOT TRANSFER to the new chair purchase.
What to Expect
All rental chairs the next business day, and your credit card will be billed automatically every month on the day you started renting the chair. We will bill your card every monthly until you call us to ship the chair back to us.
We will run a Soft Credit Check to determine if you will be charged an additional Security Fee or Not. This Additional Security Fee is NON-REFUNDABLE when the rental chair is shipped back.
Whether you choose the Regular or Heavy-Duty model size, we will ship you the next available color. You DO NOT get to pick the color of your rental chair.
FREE SHIPPING
FREE Shipping on all rentals
from our warehouse to your address. Return Shipping is also FREE and EASY. We will send UPS back to your delivery address with a pre-paid shipping label to pick up the rental chair in it’s original box.
Rental Chairs are only available in North America.

RENTAL OPTION #2
Our RENT-to-OWN Program is very popular with people wanting a monthly payment option. Each rental chair can be rented for a total of 9-monthly payments after which you will OWN the chair. Each rental chair comes with our 3-Year Warranty, which starts the day UPS delivers the chair to your door.
At any time during the 9-months you can call us to get PAYOFF on the rental chair and stop the monthly billing. Payoff quotes are good until your next scheduled monthly payment. We will give you the discounted purchase price for the rental chair in your possession, and deduct any and all payments you have made to date. This will give you the total payoff purchase price of the rental chair.
What to Expect
All rental chairs the next business day, and your credit card will be billed automatically every month on the day you started renting the chair. We will bill your card every month until you make 9-consecutive monthly payments or you decide to ship the chair back to us.
We will run a Soft Credit Check to determine if you will be charged an additional Security Fee or Not. This Additional Security Fee is NON-REFUNDABLE when the rental chair is shipped back.
Whether you choose the Regular or Heavy-Duty model size, we will ship you the next available color. You DO NOT get to pick the color of your rental chair.
FREE SHIPPING
from our warehouse to your address. Return Shipping is also FREE and EASY. We will send UPS back to your delivery address with a pre-paid shipping label to pick up the rental chair in it’s original box.

RENTAL OPTION #3
We understand that sometimes you may need a travel electric wheelchair for a brief period of time. We offer our “Get Back on Your Feet” Monthly Rental Program. You can now rent one of our wheelchairs monthly until you no longer need it…CANCEL ANYTIME!!
When you’re finished renting, just put the chair back in its original packaging and CALL US. We will have UPS come to your address, with a pre-printed shipping label to pick up the rental chair. Once we receive the chair we will cancel your scheduled monthly payments.
What to Expect
All rental chairs the next business day, and your credit card will be billed automatically every month on the day you started renting the chair. We will bill your card every monthly until you call us to ship the chair back to us.
FREE SHIPPING
Rental Chairs are only available in North America

I’m sorry my post is so long, but my point is I’ve wasted a lot of money already. I need to be very careful about my next purchase.

No worries, Cheryl. And I agree and understand about being careful.

Last edited:
My main concerns for the Fold and Go chair is how comfortable it is for a person of a size such as myself.

Speaking for myself, I have felt very comfortable.

The only time I felt slightly uncomfortable was when I took the seat cushion off of the seat to look at how it was attached with velcro. I didn't pay close attention when I took it off an when I put the cushion back on the seat.

I started feeling some metal on my left rear bottom. Eventually, I realized I had not replaced the cushion back far enough. After moving it about one inch further back it felt better. If I take the cushion off again, I will make sure to note the location before removing it.

If my Fold and Go Wheelchair ever wears out, I will buy the newer Fold and Go Magnum Wheelchair because of the seat width increased by one inch and the new design remove the metal armrest mechanism at the hips on both sides of the seat.

If I take it very slowly, how likely is it that I can master the joystick?

As I mentioned previously, I took my time and started slow. I really adapted very quickly to the joystick, but I was paying very close attention to my surroundings especially around people. I chose a low speed in crowded situations. I increased the speed in more open areas and I tried to match the walking speed.

The only times I had problems after returning from the parks was approaching the elevators and my resort room door head-on. Sometimes reaching forward to reach the elevator button or doorknob my arm or my jacket would catch on the joystick and move my wheelchair forward against the wall/door and spraining my big toe really bad. I did the same thing at a grocery store freezer.

Now I am more careful about reaching outward and catching my arm or my jacket on the joystick. I either turn the power off before reaching forward orcI approach from the side of head-on.

How is the customer service with the company?

I have never had to use their customer service with the company even after being in a car accident. I was very lucky plus all the parts are made of metal. I have ordered accessories with no problems.

Sometimes I have to leave a voicemail and wait for the callback or it may take a while for an email response instead of an immediate response. They don't have a regular store to visit, but their product is excellent.

One of the MANY differences between us and our competitors is that we service all our chairs. We do not send you off to a random dealer, in hopes that they will repair your chair, and do it in as little time as possible. We work directly with our customers (which we consider to be part of the FOLD & GO Family) to help them get their chair repaired within days, not months. If you are having any issues with your chair, please complete the form below so we can it fixed ASAP.

After you submit the “Repair Request” you will be immediately redirected to schedule your Video Repair Call with us. You can book a Video Call as early as Tomorrow! You pick the day and time that works best with your busy schedule. We will look at the pictures and videos you submitted on the repair form, so we know exactly how to fix your issues during the Video Call.

NO DEALERS - NO WAITING MONTHS FOR A REPAIR - NO HIDDEN REPAIR COSTS

FREE VIDEO REPAIR CALL - YOU ONLY NEED A SMARTPHONE

BOOK YOUR OWN VIDEO REPAIR CALL - WE WORK AROUND YOUR SCHEDULE

VIDEO REPAIR CALL WITH US: AT HOME, ON A CRUISE SHIP, OR WHILE ON VACATION

Now that you’ve had it a while, do you think it’s worth the price?

I don't like spending a lot of money, but this wheelchair has changed my life was definitely worth the cost for me.

I’m looking at the more expensive one, the Mag Force I believe it’s called.

The newer MagSHOCK WeatherPROOF Magnesium Frame Electric Wheelchairs, Weight Capacity up to 400 lbs, Hill Climb up to 25 degrees, FAA/TSA Fly Ready. Built for Any Type of Terrain Driving Conditions, and Backed by Our 3-Year Warranty has really improved over my current one.

Thank you for any insight you can share with me.

No worries. Any time. If you buy one could you please tell them my name, Ray Shapton, as a reference.

Attachments

• 1569354172246.png
    1569354172246.png
    421.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ray and everyone, thank you so much for your information and advice. I see that they have the turquoise Magnum back in stock so I’m going to order it on faith. Ray can I list you as my referral since you have been so generous with your time on this post? I’m so sorry for your recent mishaps, and I hope you are feeling better very quickly. I’ll post how me and my new wheelchair are getting along after I’ve had some quality time with it

Thank you, Groot. Great information

Oof, that’s already a big expense right there.

Yeah, I’m limited in walking too. I can understand the pain that you’re talking about.

Ouch. That scooter has a thin seat not meant for all day use too. I can understand why you would be uncomfortable. I like the foldability, just not the seat.
View attachment 438594

These chairs are GREAT for getting around ANYWHERE. I can also understand your money concerns as none of the options you tried really worked out.

Really comfortable. Compared to other folding chairs on the market, these are the ORIGINAL ONES and the best.

The joystick is very easy to master. Since it’s a REAR-WHEEL DRIVE powerchair, it’s like driving a scooter, minus the tiller & nose. Fold and Go even has a couple YouTube videos on how to drive it in different places:

Really good. If you have any issues at all, you just call them up and depending on what the issue is, they can video conference the call with you and show you how to fix it.

Definitely worth it and the MagSHOCK is really nice. It has a contoured back for comfort, it’s 5 pounds lighter than the current HD model, new and improved footplate, and a bigger and better seat. (If you need another seat cushion, Spinlife has some pretty good options.)

It’s definitely the best thing in portable mobility. It’s the SAME PRICE AS a fully-outfitted CUSTOM manual wheelchair, but instead of having to push the rear wheels yourself, all you have to push is a tiny joystick and you’re good to go.

Thank you so much, Cheryl.

I have been adding more info about renting and renting to own if you feel more comfortable to rent before purchasing.

I'm sorry it took me so long to type a response for you.

Fold and Go Wheelchair has several options for purchasing, renting, or renting to own.

https://www.foldandgowheelchairs.com/rent-folding-electric-wheelchair/

RENTAL OPTION #1
The best way to TRY before you BUY is with our Rental Program. We offer monthly rentals and provide FREE SHIPPING to and from your door.
Since we are in wheelchairs ourselves, as a company we decided not to sell our chairs to dealers, medical warehouses, retail stores, supply outlets or on Amazon.
You can use the rental chair for a month or more to test it out. If you love the rental chair, you can choose to keep it or ship the rental chair back and then purchase a brand-new chair in the color of your choice. Any money paid towards the rental chair DOES NOT TRANSFER to the new chair purchase.
What to Expect
FREE SHIPPING

RENTAL OPTION #2
Our RENT-to-OWN Program is very popular with people wanting a monthly payment option. Each rental chair can be rented for a total of 9-monthly payments after which you will OWN the chair. Each rental chair comes with our 3-Year Warranty, which starts the day UPS delivers the chair to your door.
At any time during the 9-months you can call us to get PAYOFF on the rental chair and stop the monthly billing. Payoff quotes are good until your next scheduled monthly payment. We will give you the discounted purchase price for the rental chair in your possession, and deduct any and all payments you have made to date. This will give you the total payoff purchase price of the rental chair.
What to Expect
All rental chairs the next business day, and your credit card will be billed automatically every month on the day you started renting the chair. We will bill your card every month until you make 9-consecutive monthly payments or you decide to ship the chair back to us.
FREE SHIPPING

RENTAL OPTION #3
We understand that sometimes you may need a travel electric wheelchair for a brief period of time. We offer our “Get Back on Your Feet” Monthly Rental Program. You can now rent one of our wheelchairs monthly until you no longer need it…CANCEL ANYTIME!!
When you’re finished renting, just put the chair back in its original packaging and CALL US. We will have UPS come to your address, with a pre-printed shipping label to pick up the rental chair. Once we receive the chair we will cancel your scheduled monthly payments.
What to Expect
FREE SHIPPING
Rental Chairs are only available in North America

Ray and everyone, thank you so much for your information and advice. I see that they have the turquoise Magnum back in stock so I’m going to order it on faith. Ray can I list you as my referral since you have been so generous with your time on this post? I’m so sorry for your recent mishaps, and I hope you are feeling better very quickly. I’ll post how me and my new wheelchair are getting along after I’ve had some quality time with it

Last edited:
Thanks Ray but they don’t have any rentals available right now. I’ve decided to just buy it,hopefully the third times the charm and it will be the correct mobility device for me. My weight is, as always, my biggest concern. I’m a bit concerned about getting it into my car, but I think I can do it as you described how you do it. Also, on Amazon they sell dog ramps made of plastic. They weigh 10 pounds and they fold up for storage. It says they can hold over 100 pounds,so the chair is definitely under that weight. The chair is too wide to just use one, but what if I get 2 and use it some thing like the ramp you posted a picture of. I have a Honda CR-V so it’s a decent size back end. I’d have to experiment with loading it folded or unfolded to see what was easiest. The ramps do have a bit of a raised edge on the sides to help prevent pets from walking off them. The ramp is 4 inches wide, even with the raised edge. I think I read the chair has a 5 inch clearance with the foot rest up. I’m thinking of getting the extended foot rest too. Did you get that?

I just got my Fold n Go on Friday, in part based on this thread (and in part based on youtube honestly). So far I'm really impressed. I have really bad spasticity in my right hand, so I can't use a traditional scooter with the squeeze tiller. I've been looking at motorized wheelchairs for years but there was no way my partner (or I, or both of us together) could take apart a PowerChair, load it into the trunk of my tiny car, and put it back together again. This chair? I can lift myself. Not great, not on all days probably, but the same way I usually am the one who has to hoist our suitcases into the trunk before a trip ;) I was worried about the learning curve for an electric chair, joystick and all, but it hasn't been too bad. I've taken it out twice for about an hour each time, once just buzzing around the neighborhood to get used to it and the second to get groceries down the street. The only thing I've found difficult has been managing certain steep curb ramps (the fault of a very poorly-designed ramp, not the chair!) I'm nervously looking forward to using it on our trip to DL this October. Of course, based on how empty the park has been all summer, I don't think I'll need to dodge nearly as many people as I feared!

Hi, fabfemmeboy. Congratulations!

I hope you love it like I do, too.

Have a great Disneyland vacation. I really want to visit Disneyland for 4he first time.

I wanted to thank you for such a delightful and informative thread! I’ve just started using a motorized wheelchair going to stores and malls and DEFINITELY need it at Disney, but it’s a Hoveround and no WAY can it be lifted and the ramp we need to use to get in and out of our van is super hard on our backs. So this looks particularly flexible. 🥰

Might I also add that you have the sweetest Disney smile I’ve seen? You’re adorable and your smile is infectious. Keep sharing with us. 💖💖

Hi, ppony! You're welcome. The Moderators and everyone are so kind and informative.

Years ago, I was looking at the Hoveround, but I didn't think that I could fit it in my car trunk and I think I recall it was to heavy for me to lift by myself, too.

Thank you.

Thanks Ray but they don’t have any rentals available right now. I’ve decided to just buy it,hopefully the third times the charm and it will be the correct mobility device for me. My weight is, as always, my biggest concern. I’m a bit concerned about getting it into my car, but I think I can do it as you described how you do it. Also, on Amazon they sell dog ramps made of plastic. They weigh 10 pounds and they fold up for storage. It says they can hold over 100 pounds,so the chair is definitely under that weight. The chair is too wide to just use one, but what if I get 2 and use it some thing like the ramp you posted a picture of. I have a Honda CR-V so it’s a decent size back end. I’d have to experiment with loading it folded or unfolded to see what was easiest. The ramps do have a bit of a raised edge on the sides to help prevent pets from walking off them. The ramp is 4 inches wide, even with the raised edge. I think I read the chair has a 5 inch clearance with the foot rest up. I’m thinking of getting the extended foot rest too. Did you get that?

Hi, Cheryl. That's to bad that they are out of rentals.

Congratulations.

My wheelchair easily takes me up my steep hill compared to my heavy-duty Pride Mobility Victory 10 LX. I weigh 340 pounds and it was rated for 400 pounds like the Fold and Go Wheelchair.

But the difference is the Fold and Go Wheelchair is rated almost three times the hill-climbing ability.

I was amazed.

I did realize the highest speed was not advisable for my heavy-duty Pride Mobility Victory 10 LX when going up my steep hill. The full power caused the scooter to automatically stop because it set off the trigger limit and I had to hit the reset button on the scooter.

If I used a lower/slower speed, I didn't have the same problem.

I know the Fold and Go Wheelchair doesn't have a reset button, and I have never had it stop on any steep hill, but I just think that I save more battery usage/time not driving in the highest speed.

I haven't bought a ramp yet for using a rental SUV. I'll have to research the pet ramps.

I didn't get the extended foot ramp because the FOLD & GO Airline Travel Protection Bag wouldn't fit and I usually travel by airline to places like WDW and it's bus service.

\.

Thanks to your thread Ray, and all the information shared here, I'm excited to say that I ordered a Fold & Go MagShock today! By the time my research was done and I was ready to order, the purple color was out of stock. After 3-4 weeks it finally came back in stock today. I made sure to put Ray's name down as the referrer. Without this thread I don't think I would have had the courage to even think about getting an electric wheelchair.

I have a question I don't think I've seen addressed before. Since the Fold & Go doesn't have a key, what can I do to prevent theft of it when I have to park it and leave it, such as at attractions at Disneyland or WDW? I don't know if the chances of theft are very high, but it's still a possibility. It still has to be movable by the CM's as they rearrange/clean up wheelchair and ECV parking, so I know I can't lock it to anything or lock the wheels so it can't be moved. I never thought about it before because I've always rented ECV's and they had keys. But it's different since I'll own this one and can't readily get a replacement if someone steals it.

Thanks to your thread Ray, and all the information shared here, I'm excited to say that I ordered a Fold & Go MagShock today! By the time my research was done and I was ready to order, the purple color was out of stock. After 3-4 weeks it finally came back in stock today. I made sure to put Ray's name down as the referrer. Without this thread I don't think I would have had the courage to even think about getting an electric wheelchair.

I have a question I don't think I've seen addressed before. Since the Fold & Go doesn't have a key, what can I do to prevent theft of it when I have to park it and leave it, such as at attractions at Disneyland or WDW? I don't know if the chances of theft are very high, but it's still a possibility. It still has to be movable by the CM's as they rearrange/clean up wheelchair and ECV parking, so I know I can't lock it to anything or lock the wheels so it can't be moved. I never thought about it before because I've always rented ECV's and they had keys. But it's different since I'll own this one and can't readily get a replacement if someone steals it.
Hi
I just ordered mine today too! I got the turquoise one. Isn’t this exciting? I never thought about theft. I’ll be curious to know how others deal with that.

Hi, bluecruiser. Congratulations!

That is a very good question.

Unlike a mobility scooter, I can easily roll into any restaurant to use my wheelchair as the seat instead of leaving it outside.

And there are several WDW attractions that allow me to stay in a wheelchair.

I also worried about my wheelchair being stolen, but I don't have to park it outside with the other mobility scooters. I can drive straight through the attraction queue lines until the castmember moves my wheelchair within the attraction.

There are two freewheel levers on the two rear wheels.

Mobility scooters and my wheelchair both can be stolen with the power off.

If I didn't want anyone to use power source, I thought about disconnecting the joystick's quick-connect power code next to the armrest or even removing the joystick and carry it with me, but anyone could still steal it in freewheel mode.

But so could any mobility scooter.

I was thinking about folding the wheelchair like in the photo below, but they could still steal it by free-wheeling it away.

I guess that I could use a heavy-duty bike chain anywhere else besides WDW, etc., but I haven't been in that situation yet.

I would be interested in other folks experiences, too.

The Fold and Go Wheelchair website say:

Besides removing the joystick, there is no way to secure the chair because the chair only weighs 46-55 lbs. If someone wants to steal it, they can just pick it up and carry it away.

We suggest adding a personal articles policy for your chair on to your Homeowners insurance. For about $2-4/month your homeowner's policy will cover the chair if it is stolen. So it can be replaced easily.

I have read several instances in the news about stolen wheelchairs.

Once, I read a racing wheelie was stolen from a WDW runner off the back of his car while parked at WDW.

And another wheelie was stolen from a Home Depot employee while helping a customer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter