My Magic Band Made Me Want a Wristwatch

LiteBrite

DIS Veteran
I know Magic Bands are really old news around here, but we just had our first visit to WDW in 6 years, so it was our first time using them, and I absolutely loved it.

However, I realized that anytime hubby asked me what time it was, instead of reaching into my pocket for my phone like I would normally do, I looked at my magic band on my wrist as if it should be able to tell me, lol!

It's been years since I wore a wristwatch, but that reminded me how convenient they are, and on the drive home I picked one up, and I have been loving wearing it since. Actually, I looked for a Disney watch while we were still there, but apparently they only carry expensive fine jewelry types, and I just wanted a cheapy for every day use. I was sad about that, too, because back in the day we used to love shopping for a fun new Mickey watch when we were at WDW.

Anyway, am I the only one? Did wearing a magic band on your wrist make anyone else want a wristwatch again?

Lol, LiteBrite, you aren't the only one!

I can't say my MagicBand is what motivated the purchase itself, but DH and I both picked out a watch in MK during our last trip and I have worn mine religiously everyday since then! You're right, the quick convenience of checking the time on one's wrist? Genius! :thumbsup2 (This has also ignited the spark to get batteries replaced in my other watches, so they get used again rather than laying dormant in a jewelry box!)

My problem was that I then switched my Magicband to my other arm, so for the next few park entries and FP checkins, my poor new watch was just not up to the task of getting me into the parks or onto the rides! :rolleyes1

We're headed back in December and both will be on the same arm. Here's hoping I just remove the watch before swimming! :fish:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter