my magic band exp-trip report

pickles

<font color=red>Just call me Capt. Barbossa-someon
I went to Disney oct 18 to oct 25

I am a Disney regular since 2005..go at least yearly

I am exp with fp and ressies etc..

So, tried the magic bands..what a fun and great idea Disney has..granted..we are marching into a time where we will all be microchipped and the world will know everything about us and some evil doer will come and ruin things, but in the mean time..i love the MB!

We ordered ours before the trip..if arrived the day after the last day I had to make changes..we got our colors and our names on the inside of the band.

At first I only had 2 day tickets because I was going to upgrade at park and hadn't decided what I wanted to upgrade to. However, with fp+ you only get the number of days on your tickets..so if you want to make ressies before your trip you need tickets in your account. So, I went ahead and upgraded.

This is the first time I had used a travel agent. I used Ginny with MEI-Travel. It was just be a quirk I did..she happened to get the free dining deal I wanted when the website was not letting me. I must say Ginny was efficient and spared me sitting on a phone all day making changes I had to make.

I stayed at CBR..had a perfect water view double beds(that sucked as we were thinking they were gonna be queens) but that wasn't anyones fault but our own.

So, with my MD I was able to make 3 ride choices a day and adjusted as needed, even the day of

I was able to make dining ressies and they were all on my MDE phone app

I did use my room key a couple times for some extra fp, but I didn't really need to do it much. I think I did it twice total. the FP+ was amazing..spared me from having a fp runner and a whole lot of extra walking around the park

the photopass folks attached our pics to our MB..tho I admit I had trouble finding the pics on the MDE..but I really just wanted photpass people to use my camera, so it was no big deal to me

I had free dining and it was attached to our MB and we kept a credit card on file for room charges like tips..it all worked out near perfect

anyways, I am thrilled they are trying MB and I can see so much use for these..all the way down to having you ID if you fall over ill in the park and need an id

My bf and I kept holding our arms in the air saying "we got the power" pixiedust: it was funny to us, each time we used the things it was 'we got the power" then we became sad the last day when our power was stripped away and the unmagical bus took as back to the airport..there was no power left at all :sad:

Thanks for the positive report. All we generally hear is doom and gloom. I'm glad you had a great trip.

Thanks for the positive report. All we generally hear is doom and gloom. I'm glad you had a great trip.

I think 95% of the time our trips are what we make them..those that complain, usually will always complain. I choose to see the positive while there.

The girl that checked us in wasn't warm and fuzzy, but she was efficient . I hate food and wine and the crowds it creates, but isn't like I don't know I went that time of year, so I have to deal with it. Other people do enjoy it.

I didn't care much for the new test track, but after doing it a 2nd time I started understanding it better. I do think crash dummies is much more fun.

The magic bands will be very very good and for someone like me who understands how to make a rough draft of a day at Disney and fine tune it while there, Mb and MDE are incredible

BTW I am NOT a micro planner, I am known to change reservation in the morning. I never go to rope drop. I rarely go to Disney during peak times. The MG with FP+ enabled me to sleep in late and still be able to enjoy rides like TSM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter