My July Trip Review

Patricia F

Life-long Disney Fan
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to give a short recap of our 9 day trip to WDW. (July 9 - July 17)

Magic Bands - These are FANTASTIC! Only had two issues with it. The first was when we went to Animal Kingdom. My husband had trouble getting in at the gate even though my daughter and I had no issues. But there was a CM there with a iPad who tapped in some information and then my husband was all set.

The other was paying for food at the Contempo Cafe. (We stayed at the Contemporary.) I went to pay for something and it got denied. The cashier called someone and I overheard her say that the same thing happened twice the week before. She was able to re-ring in everything and my charge went through. She said that it was because I was probably getting to the limit on my credit card. I called my credit card company right then and there and I was NO WHERE near my limit at all. So I believe that this was just a glitch.

Otherwise, we had no issues.

FastPass+ - Wow! Can you say Godsend? This was so awesome! We had no issues with the FP's that I had set up 60 days before. In some cases, we would show up five minutes before our window would open and could get in with no problem. I had to change a time on a FastPass+ for all three of us at Epcot and the MDE worked like a champ. Twice I completely changed a FP experience and time on MDE and, again, no issues. I never did take advantage of the 4th FP because, quite frankly, we didn't have time!

Be Our Guest - I was able to get the FP for lunch on this. I had the printed confirmation with me from my home PC but I never even had to show it as they had my reservation right there. We sat in the West Wing (amazing!) and, while we were not given a "rose" to locate us, they were able to find us by our Magic Bands. Oh, and please try the Master's Cupcake - that Grey Stuff is delicious! :)

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - O.k. this is for those who are "Pooh Sized". While I had no problem getting in the seat and using the lap bar (I followed the advise that I read here) my 6 foot 325 pound husband could not even get in the seat and therefore, couldn't ride. Just a heads up. We did have a to fill out a survey when we returned home and I did describe this problem. I'm hoping that in the future they might rethink the design of the cars. Otherwise, the ride was a blast!

Memory Maker - This was worth every penny that I spent on it. I ended up with about 300 photos on it over the course of our trip (to go along with the 600+ I took with my own camera!) The photographers really got some good shots and I loved getting the ride photos without having to buy a separate print. Only one photo was missing - my daughter and I on Buzz Lightyear - but I filled out the online missing photo form and four hours later, the photo was found and added to my account. Score!

Random Thoughts -

The crowds for the Frozen parade at DHS were unbelieveable! Some people had been lined up on the sidewalk and waiting up to two hours to see it! Unfortunately, it downpoured most of the night, thus cancelling the fireworks.

Never ran into one bad CM. I'm always amazed at the grace under pressure that they have. We were always appreciative of what they would do and we let them know!

On our last day, we stopped by the TTC to find a brick that my mom had put in with my father's name on it. (WDW was his last vacation three months before he passed away 19 years agao.) Two CM's, when my husband told them what he was looking for, dropped everything and made it their mission to help him find it - which they did! So grateful to them!

Thanks to all of you here on the DIS boards! I was lurking all the time - popcorn:: - looking for information that helped me plan my trip. Hubby and DD both said that this is the best Disney trip yet and they are looking forward to the next one. (Next year perhaps?? LOL)

We are heading down in 3 weeks so your report really added some excitement. Glad you all had a great time. It's Disney how could you not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter