My internal GPS doesn't work at SSR

rutgers1

DIS Veteran
So, the other day, en route to Downtown Disney from one of the parks, I decided to hop on the first bus I could get on -- either SSR or OKW -- and then take the boat across. The SSR bus came first, so I enjoyed an air conditioned ride by myself.

I got off the first stop, If I recall. I did a 360 degree turn, trying to find the main building. No luck. All I could see was condo-like buildings that all looked the same.

Lucky me, a nice young couple came walking in my direction. I asked them to point me in the direction of the main building. They laughed. The woman said, "We have been staying in this building all week (pointed behind her), and we got lost trying to find that pool (pointing to one of the quiet pools). OK, so no luck.

I continued walking. As it turned out, I was walking the right way. Suddenly, a guy from bell services pulls up in his gold cart and asks if I want a ride. Of course, I accept. I asked him if he could tell that I had no clue where I was going, and he laughed. He said, "For the first month that I worked here, I had the map taped to the steering wheel of the cart."

I have the world's worst sense of direction. That place is just too much for me. Even though OKW is also big, I find that all roads lead back to the main building. Truth be told, I also had some trouble finding my way around the Boardwalk and Beach Club, as I kept popping up near an exit that wasn't the one I wanted to be at.

I need a a new gps!

i can totally relate (good thing the law requires seatbelts, otherwise i would probably get lost in my car :rolleyes1).

that's the great thing about WDW tho: hallways and walkways can lead to somewhere interesting, but still safe (e.g., i've found secluded seating areas & shortcuts, met lots of ppl, saw a bald eagle at SSR, etc - none of which would have happened if i had any sense of direction).

don't consider it a short-circuited GPS - it's the "adventurer" gene!! :thumbsup2

btw, i'm enjoying your vacation insights & tidbits :)

I think the Grandstand is the first stop. If you hadn't ever stayed there I am not surprised you felt lost. It's a completely different area than what I consider the main loop! Glad you had some help!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Lol, you're not alone. I have a great internal gps...usually...but at Saratoga I'm totally lost. We haven't stayed there but have walked over from DTD to check it out several times and we were so lost it was funny.

Honestly I can take off across a city (like Kansas City) and find where I need to be, but there are a couple of resorts that just confuse me. I find it funny and fun!

Just to show how clueless I am.....A few months ago, my wife and I went to Walgreens late at night to pick up a prescription. There were only a few people there. We had to wait for the prescription to be filled, so I bought a candy bar and roamed the aisles mindlessly.

A few minutes later, I saw my wife looking at something and decided to join her. I walked up behind her and said, "What are you looking at?" She didn't respond. I looked over her shoulder and noticed she was looking at acne medication. "Is that for you? Why?" I asked. Still no response.....She walked down the aisle a bit and I followed. "Where are you going?" I asked as she walked a bit faster and darted down another aisle.....

Just then, she reappeared behind me. Huh?.............As it turned out, the woman that I was following WASN'T my wife!

When I realized what happened, I quickly found her and apologized for what must have been a scary experience. She laughed, but at the same time, she said that I totally freaked her out.

A few minutes later, my wife and the woman came face-to-face. In my defense, they were the same height, same hair color, same hair style, and they were wearing nearly the same exact outfit. Literally, both were wearing jeans and a brown ski jacket. They not only could have been sisters, but they could have been twins!

With that said, one can understand why SSR poses a problem for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter