My husband Passed Away November 4th

jodistar

DIS Veteran
My husband passed away very suddenly on November 4th.....Heart disease.

Just less than a week earlier we celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary and went to see Aladdin in NYC, we were lucky enough to meet the Genie after the show......I will always treasure that time.

My husband actually said to James (Genie) -- 2 big bald guys getting their pictures together and they both had a chuckle.

Disney has always been really special to both of us -- We were engaged at Disney World, honeymooned at Disney World, I did the Goofy Challenge in 2007 (he was there to cheer me on), and of course we went to see many Disney Broadway plays over the years.......

Unknown to him was that I originally planned to have our first family trip to Disneyworld in for our 10th wedding anniversary but was unable to save enough in time -- but I booked it for October 2016 (our children are 5 years old and 1 1/2 years old). While we were in NYC to see Aladdin (October 30th) -- I almost spilled the beans after seeing what a great time we both had but thought better of it because he always teased me for not being able to wait until Christmas Eve to give gifts.

Now, I regret not telling him....

I still plan on going with the children -- to celebrate life.
IMG_0525.JPG

Very sorry to read this, Jodi. So very sad. God speed for your husband and prayers and best thoughts for you and your children. :hug:'s He sounds like he was a great guy!!

I'm sorry, Jodi and family. Do you have family nearby to help with this season? It'll b a tough one. Let me know if i cn help.

I'm sorry, Jodi and family. Do you have family nearby to help with this season? It'll b a tough one. Let me know if i cn help.
Thank you......I do have family nearby, that helps greatly and I have good bunch of friends too that have been helping me out the past couple of weeks.

I'm very lucky that my work had offered to do all of my Christmas shopping.....now all I have is the emotional hard stuff :(

I Cry

I cry
And the sky shows its blue sympathy
Or clouds the stars from her eyes
To cry with me

I shudder
And the world remains firm
A hope against my soul-ripped heart
My strength when I have none

I cannot
The day has no meaning
But the sun still rises
Even as darkness falls around me

I rage
And the world responds with beauty
Unfair to whisper grace
When grace I cannot feel

I scream
And the heavens absorb my cry
And yet still responds with stars
Even though my star is gone

I fall
And cannot think discreetly
The earth spins undetected
And so do I

I cringe
At casual conversation
How can time move on
No, I am not OK

I plead
For hope I cannot feel
Grace I do not know
They are strangers to me

I know
That life is unsecure
And breath is as impermanent
As souls are forever

I live
In uncontented days
Along uncommitted paths
In a world that no longer makes sense

I sigh
And the world doesn't sigh with me
And time moves ahead
And leaves me behind

I yearn
For portals between worlds
For reaffirmation
For a drop of yesterday

I want
The links to grow unended
My path to not be parted
My heart to not be still

I am
A link without the linkage
A bond without the bonding
A soul without its quilting

I go
Forward day by day
Holding invisible hands
That pray with me for continuity

I hope
That hope someday will find me
And show me paths to meet me
With hands that hold mine still

I grow
Not apart but abreadth
Not alone but amidst
Interconnected by faith

I see
That time is so uncertain
That here is not not there
And forever is true regardless

Copyright 2002 Timothy Delasandro

Take care of yourself.

Very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through right now and there are no words that anyone can say to ease you and your childrens pain, but know that your husband will be beside you. He will watch over your children in the good times and bad. Lean on your family they will help you to be the rock that your children need. Now he knows what you have been planning all this time and i am sure it has put a smile on his face. This disney trip you are planning will forever be special moment for you and your children.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. My hubby is my best friend, so I can't even imagine what you're going through. I'm sure you'll be strong for your children.

I'm going to stop typing now because I'm starting to cry :( I'm sure in October 2016 your hubby will be there with you.

So very sorry for your loss. I'm sure the holidays were tough to get through, but I trust that friends and family helped you along the way. Although you were unable to tell your husband about your upcoming trip, I'm sure he'll be with you all in spirit and that some positive memories will be made. Keep us updated.

My condolences. I can not begin to imagine what you are going through. There are just no words. I hope the trip brings some peace and helps with the long healing process of losing someone so close.

My husband passed away very suddenly on November 4th.....Heart disease.

Just less than a week earlier we celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary and went to see Aladdin in NYC, we were lucky enough to meet the Genie after the show......I will always treasure that time.

My husband actually said to James (Genie) -- 2 big bald guys getting their pictures together and they both had a chuckle.

Disney has always been really special to both of us -- We were engaged at Disney World, honeymooned at Disney World, I did the Goofy Challenge in 2007 (he was there to cheer me on), and of course we went to see many Disney Broadway plays over the years.......

Unknown to him was that I originally planned to have our first family trip to Disneyworld in for our 10th wedding anniversary but was unable to save enough in time -- but I booked it for October 2016 (our children are 5 years old and 1 1/2 years old). While we were in NYC to see Aladdin (October 30th) -- I almost spilled the beans after seeing what a great time we both had but thought better of it because he always teased me for not being able to wait until Christmas Eve to give gifts.

Now, I regret not telling him....

I still plan on going with the children -- to celebrate life.
View attachment 137693

I know this is a couple months behind, but I want to ask how you are doing. My husband of 17 years passed away on December 8, 2014 of coronary artery disease - we didn't even know he was sick. He had no symptoms (well, not that we noticed anyway, but hindsight is 20/20), no history, and was not considered in any of the risk factor categories. We went to bed Sunday night and when I woke up Monday morning he was gone. And I have a 6 year old daughter (who was 5 at the time). So I truly know what you are going through.

I hope you were gentle with yourself over the holidays - I know they must have been brutal because they were for me. If you want to talk, feel free to PM me.

Jessica

My condolences also. I lost my son on Nov. 4, 2014, the day he passed he had been married for 6 months. The loss of a family member is a very difficult thing to deal with, but we can all be here to support each other.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
I can't even imagine the kind of pain such a loss would bring.
My thoughts are with you and your family.

Scott

Our daughter lost her husband in 2009 at a very young age also. They were married 4 years but had no children. My heart goes out to you; hard road ahead but I can say, from experience, time DOES heal all wounds. Our daughter is now with a very special young man who lost his daughter at age 4. They have that in common and their relationship begin with the sharing of their grief and has now turned into mutual respect and love. DD and her husband had honeymooned at DW and had gone back the year before he passed away. We had a family vacation scheduled the year he died but she didn't feel like she could go yet. My husband took her on a trip to the east (Washington, DC; NYC, etc.) and I went to DW with our other daughter and her family. The following year, 2010, we'd planned a trip with my sister and niece joining us also. Our arrival day was their anniversary. Her sister and her family went 3 days before us to meet with some friends. She purchased a small Eeyore (Waylon's favorite Disney character) and, along with a card, had it waiting for us when we checked in. DD was thrilled when the CM handed it to her upon check in. She kept it with her the entire trip and felt Waylon was on the trip with her. (As an added "bonus", the CM who handled the "gift delivery" had cupcakes delivered to our room with a message wishing her a "magical trip".) She handled the trip just fine; seeing her nieces enjoy the wonders of DW (as you will see in your children) made it so much easier for her. Wishing you well and encouraging you to stay strong with hugs and good thoughts :grouphug: but also telling you to lean on your family and friends for support. They WANT to help. :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!