My Husband and Disney Fiend passed away on May 2nd

CatNipRules

DIS Veteran
My husband and I were married for over 20 years. Every anniversary was spent at Disney. When we lived in Florida, we went to Disney every chance we got. My son has been to Disney more times than I can count. He was 3 on his first trip and 15 the last time he went with us.

In short, Disney was our families favorite place on earth.

We were planning on going back next year to celebrate my birthday. However, he passed away suddenly on May 2nd. Part of me doesn't want to go now. Part of me feels like it's going to be way too hard without him. There are some days that I can barely breathe, let alone think about going to our favorite place on earth.

However, our son wants to go. To celebrate his dads life. He says that his dad wouldn't want me to never go to Disney. Part of me knows that this is right, but the other part of me can't imagine going without him.

My son wants to pay for the trip himself. I'm going along with it, but my heart isn't quite in it. Not like it was before he passed away. I'm hoping that as it gets closer, I will get more excited. I'm just numb right now......

So very sorry to hear this, CNR, very sad. Time softens, it does not erase. You will have so continuing great memories of Mike, as will Chris of his dad. You will be there for sure, to continue with the celebration of his like, as he would want it. When you smile and laugh at Disney, or anywhere, he knows, he sees. Know that well.

God bless and God speed for Mike, prayers and hugs for you, Chris and all your family and friends.

Dan

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I too lost my husband of 39 years unexpectedly in February. We had plans for our entire family (20 of us) to go to WDW at Thanksgiving to celebrate our 60th birthdays, my retirement and our 40th anniversary. We still plan to go as he would have wanted us to. He loved getting away from it all and spending time with 'the Mouse'.

I know it will be tough for you to go but in the end you'll be happy you did. I had a trip to Disneyland planned with some girlfriends 2 weeks after Lee passed. I went on the trip and struggled the first two days but it did help to get away and I do not regret going.

Prayers for you and your family.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I lost my husband about a month before yours passed. If you want to talk, message me. I find it comforting to talk to people who know. And difficult to relate to those who are still "normal"

Kids and I will be at Disney for Father's Day. The thought of being home made me ill but I'm nervous about being there too.

My kids are 4, 16, 18 and our 25th anniversary was 2 weeks ago.

It sucks but we will get through and hopefully the mouse will help us heal a bit.

My husband and I were married for over 20 years. Every anniversary was spent at Disney. When we lived in Florida, we went to Disney every chance we got. My son has been to Disney more times than I can count. He was 3 on his first trip and 15 the last time he went with us.

In short, Disney was our families favorite place on earth.

We were planning on going back next year to celebrate my birthday. However, he passed away suddenly on May 2nd. Part of me doesn't want to go now. Part of me feels like it's going to be way too hard without him. There are some days that I can barely breathe, let alone think about going to our favorite place on earth.

However, our son wants to go. To celebrate his dads life. He says that his dad wouldn't want me to never go to Disney. Part of me knows that this is right, but the other part of me can't imagine going without him.

My son wants to pay for the trip himself. I'm going along with it, but my heart isn't quite in it. Not like it was before he passed away. I'm hoping that as it gets closer, I will get more excited. I'm just numb right now......[/QUOT

So sorry for your loss, my family is the same way we have had this talk ... he would really want you to go and remember all the fun and good times yu had there when he was with you and your son

sorry for your loss, you are still in shock,you still have to grieve,you will know when to go back, , when you do go u will see and do things that remind you of your husband, and the bottom line is he would want you to go back, so take your time and get back to disney for him and your son and yourself. good luck

So sorry for your loss, my family is the same way we have had this talk ... he would really want you to go and remember all the fun and good times yu had there when he was with you and your son
Thank you so much. I sent you a pm. Or rather several. LOL!! I know and I'm slowly coming to terms with everything. It's very, very slow.

sorry for your loss, you are still in shock,you still have to grieve,you will know when to go back, , when you do go u will see and do things that remind you of your husband, and the bottom line is he would want you to go back, so take your time and get back to disney for him and your son and yourself. good luck
We are. I just know that it's going to be tough. I know that I'm going to cry, but it will be a good cry.

I am so sorry for your loss. Take your time to grieve. I am praying for you and your son.
Thank you so much. I appreciate all the prayers.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Last August our family went to Disney and my husband had a seizure. He was taken by ambulance from Port Orleans Riverside to Celebration hospital. We would spend our anniversary with our 2 kids just about every August. Sadly two weeks after we returned home he died. The staff at the resort and hospital were phenomenal. It's been just about a year and the kids and I are going it alone without our Disney dad. I'm sure we will cry, laugh, and do much remembering about past years, while making new memories and having new experiences. He was disabled and couldn't get around real well. Give yourself some time, take a deep breath. We discussed this as a family before booking the trip. And although we will stay at Port Orleans, we won't be staying near the building he had the seizure in. We haven't had quite the giddiness that we usually do, but August 28th is coming quickly...And before we know it, we'll be back. We were married for 16 years. I'll always remember the Celebration buttons we'd get and wear them with pride. Love and pixie dust..

I'm so sorry for your loss. Last August our family went to Disney and my husband had a seizure. He was taken by ambulance from Port Orleans Riverside to Celebration hospital. We would spend our anniversary with our 2 kids just about every August. Sadly two weeks after we returned home he died. The staff at the resort and hospital were phenomenal. It's been just about a year and the kids and I are going it alone without our Disney dad. I'm sure we will cry, laugh, and do much remembering about past years, while making new memories and having new experiences. He was disabled and couldn't get around real well. Give yourself some time, take a deep breath. We discussed this as a family before booking the trip. And although we will stay at Port Orleans, we won't be staying near the building he had the seizure in. We haven't had quite the giddiness that we usually do, but August 28th is coming quickly...And before we know it, we'll be back. We were married for 16 years. I'll always remember the Celebration buttons we'd get and wear them with pride. Love and pixie dust..

Wow....I can't imagine what you're going through. It's hard enough for me, but to have lost him there, wow....This had me in tears.

We were married for 20 1/2 years. Not a day goes by that I don't miss him terribly.

I'm the same way about the excitement. It just doesn't feel the same without him. I would always drive him nuts with all of the planning I would do. The rearranging and changing of plans. Trying to decide what park to go to and then changing my mind. Trying to convince him that staying on site was worth it. DS is excited about the trip, but bugging DH was so much fun. If that makes any kind of sense. LOL!!

Lots of love and pixie dust to you also. And to your kids. I hope you guys have an awesome time!!

Aw... I feel for you, OP.

A dear friend of mine decided to do assisted suicide the day I arrived at Disney on my last trip, in 2014. She was battling uterine cancer, and the prognosis was not good, and had a number of other health issues as well. It was very hard to be in my favorite place on earth knowing that one of my favorite people on earth was no longer with me. It got easier, day by day, until finally I came to a point where I am able to celebrate her memory more than mourn her loss.

I don't believe that those who are grieving should do anything that further hurts them during such a vulnerable time. I don't think you should ever force the healing process as it takes as much time as it needs, no more or less. But if you can find it in your heart to go, it might also help you to focus more on the good times that you had with your husband. And it would be a wonderful time, as well, to deepen the bond with your son.

Take care - best wishes! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!