My house is FINALLY finished! Come see the photos!

Rafiki Rafiki Rafiki

<font color=peach>I took matters into my own hands
My gallery is here

If you'll all remember, I started doing work on it in January. We have painted nearly every room in the house, put granite in our kitchen and tiled the backsplash, and have re-floored, painted, and updated our bathrooms.
Thanks for all the input you guys gave...it really helped!

Unfortunately, now that it's finished, we have to move away because DH is retiring from the Air Force. :rolleyes:
I guess another ugly house awaits us on the other side...

What a beautiful house, bathrooms are beautiful and I love the wall colors in the living room and the 1/2 bath. Whoever buys your house will be really excited! :)

Thanks for the nice comment. I expected our house to have a lot of interest, but we've only had one call so far :guilty:. I'm not sure what I could have/should have done more of or where I did something wrong.

The couple who looked at our house seemed to be less than impressed with it, and I'm thinking it's small things, like light fixtures, carpets, and that kind of thing. We've replaced 13 out of the 20 or 25 light fixtures in the house to get rid of brass, but I'm wondering if it's enough.

I enjoyed your pics - and I think the house looks great - and spotless!! I noticed the light fixture in the kitchen - replacing that brass does make a world of difference, doesn't it? I think it should show really well. Good luck!

You have a beautiful home - what a shame you have to move! I loved the banners on the bonus room ceiling - how cute! And the little girls' rooms, adorable.

Thanks for posting the pictures - your home is gorgeous! What you did in the one bathroom with the individual framed mirrors over each sink is exactly what I want to do in our master bath but DH isn't sure how it will look. I'm going to show him that picture and that should convince him! We're also demolishing our kitchen right now and hoping to put in granite countertops but I have to see if we can get a good price quote. It's a lot of work but our house is over 50 years old and needs it!

Having to move is a shame. Sounds like me growing up, we moved every 3 years (daddy was in the phone company, which is a lot like the military ;) ) and just when mom would finish a house it was time to sell it. Don't worry yet about the slow real estate market, it will pick up, it's a lovely home and I wish you luck in your next one!

Thanks again for the comments.

JandJ, when we moved into this house, the bathrooms all had individually framed mirrors over the vanities, but we've gone through and replaced the majority of them. The ones in the master bathroom with the dark wood frames came from Garden Ridge and cost $60 each. I thought the price was really reasonable. Boy, if I could make those frames myself it would be a great business to be in..because finding those seemed to be a coup for me. Everywhere else they seemed to be at $100 or more.

About that granite in the kitchen. Look in your local paper and see if there are any local fabricators. We found two guys who do it on the side of their regular jobs. They had resources for granite and purchased slabs to cut for us. Our total cost was about $4000, compared to Home Depot, which was $5800 for the same thing.

Rafiki Rafiki Rafiki said:
Thanks again for the comments.

JandJ, when we moved into this house, the bathrooms all had individually framed mirrors over the vanities, but we've gone through and replaced the majority of them. The ones in the master bathroom with the dark wood frames came from Garden Ridge and cost $60 each. I thought the price was really reasonable. Boy, if I could make those frames myself it would be a great business to be in..because finding those seemed to be a coup for me. Everywhere else they seemed to be at $100 or more.

About that granite in the kitchen. Look in your local paper and see if there are any local fabricators. We found two guys who do it on the side of their regular jobs. They had resources for granite and purchased slabs to cut for us. Our total cost was about $4000, compared to Home Depot, which was $5800 for the same thing.
Thank you so much for the info! I showed DH the pic and he said "we'll keep our eyes open for mirrors" and then he said "of course, it's what you want, so I know we'll do it" :lmao: He knows me so well! Fortunately we live in a town that is just crawling with tile, granite, marble, etc. stores and factory outlets so I think we'll be able to find a good deal. I want to get a Home Depot or Lowe's quote just to have something to base it off of. From your pictures I can tell we have less countertop space than your kitchen, so hopefully it will be affordable. Good luck in your selling, moving, and new home!

I like all of it, but LOVE the kitchen, esp. the backsplash! DH just did his first attempt at tile while finishing our basement. I'm ready to let him tackle the kitchen now.

Beautiful. If the house was closer to us I would consider it in a heartbeat I love the layout of it. Very nice work you've done. Goodluck!

nice job! i like your house especially bedroom no. 3 ....it is soOo cute!

you don't have to decorate your house that much. when someone will move in, each of us will always have their own style and preference, its up to them to play up with their imagination :thumbsup2

Gorgeous house! I just had the same (or very similar) backsplash put in my kitchen. I get a lot of compliments on it.
I don't think you will have a problem selling the house.
Good luck!

Your home is absolutely gorgeous. You have great taste and will have no trouble selling it!

WOW..thank you for letting me take a tour. I love it!! You have a beautiful home!! What a great yard as well. You will have NO problem selling this house.

:goodvibes

Thanks for making me feel better, girls.

The house has been on the market 5 days, and the realtor hasn't called us once to show it. I'm worried...because I was hoping that our buyer was out there waiting for the right house.

I'm sitting in Texas, trying to figure out whether I should make an offer on a property here that doesn't completely meet my needs...knowing that I will probably have to make two payments for several months. Ick. It just sounds so risky to me!

I can't take on renters because I can't be there to make sure they don't trash the place. I just wish it would at least have someone look at it.

So, ok...I could use a hug right now.

Rafiki Rafiki Rafiki said:
So, ok...I could use a hug right now.
:grouphug:

I hope your house will sell soon. The right buyer will come along, try to be patient, and I know that is easier said than done!

BTW, DH and I decided against the granite in the kitchen for now. We got sod in our backyard (woohoo!) and are getting a new driveway, garage door, and landscaping the frontyard. Hopefully next summer we can get new kitchen countertops, hopefully granite, but I'm happy with our decision to fix up the outside - we won't be the blight of the street anymore! Pitty the folks who drive by and see the disaster outside cannot see all of the great updates and work we've done inside :rolleyes:

WOW! That is an amazing house! I can't believe that it isn't sold yet. I'd buy it, but we're not looking to move, sorry.

I love the backsplash you picked in the kitchen. I'm trying to gather my courage to tile mine.

Good luck. I'll send a message to the House Selling Fairy for you! pixiedust:

Love it and love all the beautiful colors you used! Wish I could move in!

Wow-what a house! Looks beautiful. Love the wine cooler and colors you chose to paint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter