My great buys, I wanted to share

Trinity721

<font color=navy>Proud Navy wife<br><font color=de
My DH and I received the great One Step Ahead catalog, and I bought some great things I just wanted to share. I bought these things with our upcoming trip to Disney in mind.

Stroller tote $19.95- this thing looks great. It's a slim bag that can attach to your stroller bar, and then the strap easily adjusts to carry on your shoulder. It looks sleek, but can hold four bottles, diapers and more. I even looked up review on the website, and everyone seems to love this bag. I try to be a minimalist when taking DD out, and this is the perfect thing. Check it out!

Powdered Milk Container $3.95- My DD still drinks powdered Similac formula, and I thought this was great for traveling. It has like 3 compartments, and you twist the lid to use whichever compartment you want. This is great, so you don't have to lug around a cooler for your formula or worry about it spoiling. All we are going to bring in our bag for feeding is this, one bottle w/ disposable drop-ins, and water to mix with! How great is that?!

Anyone else used either of these products? Just wondering, I would like to know how they work out at WDW.

I had to hold myself back and not buy everything I saw in this catalog, but there are so many useful things. I definitely recommend looking at it, for all those traveling moms and dads.
www.onestepahead.com

The things I ordered just arrived in the mail, and I am really diggin the bag! It is slim-looking, but when you open it up you can see that it holds a lot. It's also insulated, so that's good. There are multiple compartments too, good for organization and packing those ziplock bags! The milk container is neat too, can't wait to test it out. Can't wait to use both of them! If only my counter would just speed up.....

Please don't think I'm advertising this stuff, I'm just a regular first-time mom. So don't be afraid to respond! I know it sounds like a total plug for OSA, but being a new mom and just discovering their site I sort of went bananas:p

I bought that stroller organizer when my now-nine-year-old daughter was an infant. It was a great thing. I left it on the stroller all the time rather than carrying it back and forth. It really was one of my favorite baby-care items.

I also had one of those powdered milk things, but I never used it. My children were all breastfed babies -- largely because of the convenience. I found nursing to be easier than messing with all the "gadgets" to feed them formula: nothing to buy, nothing to mix, nothing to wash, nothing to transport.

Hey, Trinity! I thought you'd be on that plane by now! There's still time for me to get that ticket to help you with that flight down! ;) We have 4 DD's and OSA has been a staple in our lives. You're not pluggin' 'em, just pointing out a good thing when you see it! I recommend the travel potty. Uses gallon ziploc bags, folds flat and stores in the car. Great thing to have! Have fun packing! You're getting nearer to that single digit dance! :jester: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :jester:

I've used the powdered formula container--It's great but the only problem is if it tips and is jostled around sideways some of the formula moves into the other compartments and then the measurments are off. It kept us from bringing too many bottles out for the day--just nipples and drop-ins were needed and bottled water of course.

Thanks for your comments everyone. Give me insight on what I should expect from these products.

MrsPete, I wish I could still be breastfeeding! I had a very good experience nursing my daughter for about 6 months, she didn't fuss at nursing at all even her first time... Nursing your baby is an experience I can't even describe. But unfortunately I was forced to stop after I got mastitis, and let me tell you that was HORRIBLE! It was difficult getting her to take to the bottle, but she's a pro now:p

house_of_princesses, my flight from O'Hare is at 9:50am... are you going to meet DD and me there? hehehe! Oh I wish I was on the plane right now!!! DD and I can't wait to see DH (well more me than her:) ) Single digits are a few days away!

Our first trip to WDW with a baby, we were feeding her with powdered formula. We used the drop in liners as well. But I just measured the formula into the liners and taped them shut. Nothing extra, and one less step :D

Babies 2 and 3, I nursed. Not ALWAYS simpler, but mostly.

Now my baby is two, almost out of the cute gadget stage...

Trinity721,

Thanks for the info! The stroller tote looks great. I think I'm getting one now, but I don't think ordering it is going to be an option unless I want to pay for express shipping.

You'll be at WDW the same time we are. We leave on the 10th and stay until 18th!

I can't wait!!

thanks for the site....

we just bought 3 EasiFlow™ Tumbler Twinpack

they'll be prefect for my boys! thanks!

I love their stuff, too. There's an inflatable travel bed with "bumpers" that I may still buy even though I've talked myself out of it twice- once with each of the older kids. Our youngest may get it yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter