My Gluten Free reviews

snugglebug

DIS Veteran
I can't remember everything I had, but I wanted to share my standouts that I did love. Some of these are repeats because they've become favorites.

Roaring Fork at Wilderness Lodge was the best gfree bacon cheeseburger that I've had in a long time. I had already had a burger at Backlot Express that was just okay and one at Universal Studios that was absolutely horrible. I wish I could go back today for another.

Contempo Cafe at Contemporary Resort is one of my go to's. They can do anything on the menu, the pasta does take longer. I go for the Meat Lover's Flatbread. This is the second visit that I've had it and enjoyed it. We like this place because everyone in the family can find something here that they like.

Satu'li Canteen in Animal Kingdom was way better than expected. You'll get the allergen menu, choose your protein, base and sauce. I wish I could remember exactly what I had. I know it was chicken and I'm pretty sure I chose the rice and quinoa base. The sauce I had was not the vinaigrette, must have been the creamy herb dressing. It was really good and felt so much healthier than the typical QS options.

Boma was great as always. They now give a little pamphlet that you can carry to the pods with you showing you what's safe. I love this option. Don't be afraid to ask for a box to take your allergen friendly leftover zebra domes etc. Normally you can't take things with you from a buffet, but since these are allergen friendly my server got me a box for my extra zebra dome and my hummus.

Kona Cafe at Polynesian I always order the macadamia pancakes gluten free and normally they are great. This time however the macadamia were whole mixed into the pancakes instead of in slivers and it completely changed the taste. I was still happy, I just had to kind of pull them out.

Thank you for this review! I am headed to Disney in January, I am gluten-free and allergic to nuts. It should be interesting!

We found Satu’li canteen to have very few peanut/treenut free options. We had less options there than anyplace else in all 4 parks.

Thank you for this. I have just recently had confirmation of a gluten allergy. I am navigating the gluten free world and it is daunting. If anyone else has anthing to add, I will be following this thread!

My husband has celiac disease and we visit Disneyworld frequently. A few tips:

1) ALWAYS check the ingredient book at carts and QS locations, as formulations sometimes change (his favorite ice cream at Ample Hills recently added gluten to its recipe). Popcorn and Mickey bars have been OK, but we review the ingredients each trip.
2) Most locations now have an allergy-friendly menu, but if there's something on the regular menu that appeals to you, ask to speak with a chef, as they can sometimes modify it (leaving off a sauce, substituting a side item)
3) Be prepared for QS orders to take longer. We usually wait 10-15 minutes for our food (but they will usually time mine so it's ready at the same time as his)
4) Stick with the larger venues, as walk-up windows, pool snack bars, etc. often have very limited or no options.
5) Ask about dessert options at table-service restaurants; if there's nothing you like, they can usually come up with ice cream with berries or chocolate sauce.
6) Don't be reluctant to book a dessert party or other special event; if you let them know in advance they can come up with pretty nice alternatives to the regular spread

Some of our recommendations: Blaze Pizza and DLuxe Burger at Disney Springs, 50's Prime Time (gluten-free meatloaf and crustless cheesecake), Mama Melrose's (penne ala vodka, flatbreads, flourless chocolate cake), Whispering Canyon (all-you-care-to-eat skillet, cornbread), Tony's Town Square (pasta with meatball or sausage), Garden Grill, Liberty Tree Tavern (All-you-care-to-eat feast), Sunshine Seasons at Epcot (they have a whole counter dedicated to allergy-friendly options).

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter