My First Trip to the World... A Solo PTR (Updated 8/13)

Gaugersaurus

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone and welcome to my PTR for my first ever trip to WDW!

I'm Michael, a 25 year old project engineer out in sunny Southern California. I grew up going to Disneyland and after a long hiatus during my teen years I got myself an annual pass and rediscovered my love for all things Disney.

This originally started as a trip last September with a friend that was cancelled due to Hurricane Irma. So we intended to postpone until this year. After a lot of difficulties in my life and my friend no longer able to go this year I almost decided against the trip but I need a vacation and what better place to go than Disney!

I'm going September 7th-16th staying at Pop. Since it's my first trip I haven't really developed a touring style yet but I definitely think I'll be more commando style so there was really no reason to go moderate or deluxe.

I've made a few ADRs at places I knew I'd want to go no matter what. I plan to do more of whatever is available last minute or counter service meals rather than use park time at a table service meal. My ADRs are as follows:

Sci-Fi: Lunch
Rose & Crown: Dinner
CA Grill: Dinner
San Angel Inn: Dinner (will probably cancel this one)
Tiffins: Dinner
BOG: Dinner on my last night

I haven't really planned out a full itinerary yet. I'm trying to decide if I want to upgrade to the premier pass or just buy 8-10 day park hoppers but my rough park days are

Saturday: Animal Kingdom
Sunday: Hollywood Studios
Monday: Epcot
Tuesday: Magic Kingdom (may add MNSSHP)
Wednesday: Epcot
Thursday/Friday: AK/HS
Saturday: Magic Kingdom
Sunday: Undecided park day or Disney Springs

I hope you will all enjoy following along with my trip planning, I'll try to update every couple weeks as my plans evolve. I'm also open to any tips/advise anyone has for someone making their first trip.​

I LOVE Disney solo! It's great to be able to do what you want, whenever you want!! California Grill is great as a solo diner, especially if you get a window seat!!

Hi everyone, its been a while since my last update but I've booked my flight for overnight the 6th. It will be interesting to see how well I do the 3 hours lost to time change. I also just hit 60 days so Fastpass+ is booked

Friday, September 7, 2018 - Magic Kingdom Park
Haunted Mansion: 11:55 AM - 12:55 PM
Peter Pan's Flight: 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 4:20 PM - 5:20 PM

Saturday, September 8, 2018 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Kilimanjaro Safaris: 10:05 AM - 11:05 AM
DINOSAUR: 11:10 AM - 12:10 PM
Avatar Flight of Passage: 7:25 PM - 8:25 PM

Sunday, September 9, 2018 - Disney's Hollywood Studios
Toy Story Mania!: 9:20 AM - 10:20 AM
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Tower of Terror: 1:05 PM - 2:05 PM

Monday, September 10, 2018 - Epcot
Frozen Ever After: 9:05 AM - 10:05 AM
Mission: SPACE: 10:20 AM - 11:20 AM
Spaceship Earth: 11:40 AM - 12:40 PM

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - Magic Kingdom Park
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: 9:05 AM - 10:05 AM
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: 10:20 AM - 11:20 AM
Splash Mountain: 11:40 AM - 12:40 PM

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - Epcot
Soarin' Around the World: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Mission: SPACE: 10:15 AM - 11:15 AM
Spaceship Earth: 11:20 AM - 12:20 PM

Thursday, September 13, 2018 - Disney's Hollywood Studios
Tower of Terror: 9:10 AM - 10:10 AM
Slinky Dog Dash: 10:10 AM - 11:10 AM
Star Tours: 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM

Friday, September 14, 2018 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Kilimanjaro Safaris: 9:05 AM - 10:05 AM
Avatar Flight of Passage: 10:15 AM - 11:15 AM
DINOSAUR: 11:20 AM - 12:20 PM

Saturday, September 15, 2018 - Magic Kingdom Park
Space Mountain: 9:20 AM - 10:20 AM
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: 10:20 AM - 11:20 AM
Splash Mountain: 11:45 AM - 12:45 PM

Sunday, September 16, 2018 - Disney's Hollywood Studios
Slinky Dog Dash: 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster: 10:50 AM - 11:50 AM
Tower of Terror™: 11:50 AM - 12:50 PM
Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I got. I would've liked to get SDD on the 9th also but it was a long shot for that. I'll probably cancel RNR and ToT on my last day and head to Disney Springs before my flight home.

Following... looks like a great plan!!

Its excellent you can get FP's for all three mountains in MK. If I recall correctly that was not possible in the past. Looks like you really had some luck getting both Slinky Dog Dash and Flights of Passage several times!!

Man what a month it has been since my last update but 25 days to go and counting down the days just makes each of them go slower. Magicband should be waiting for me when I get home from work so that adds to the excitement. I hadn't been in a few weeks so I took a day trip out to Disneyland to get my Disney fix but it just made me consider lengthening my trip out to WDW.

A few updates since my last post:

I booked MNSSHP for the 9th, so Hollywood Studios will become a half day and I'll head back to the resort for a nap before the party.

I also made another ADR for Skipper Canteen lunch on my arrival day and plan to do the Monorail bar crawl that evening. My only must do stop is Trader Sam's for the Nautilus. Realistically the bar crawl will probably end up being just a trip to Trader Sam's if my red-eye flight starts catching up to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter