My first crop - what fun!

BevS97

disney scrapper
I went to my first crop yesterday - well, truth be told, I went to the shop next door to the cropping hall for an hour, and then popped into the crop for half an hour!
It was sooo much fun shopping in real life - I had all these great plans to buy specific things for specific photo's but in the end I was like a kid in a candy store - I bought

pink gingham Dalee album
extra pages for album
fiskars paper trimmer
fiskars micro touch scissors
2002 idea book
cardstock
gorgeous paper - lots of K&Company embossed paper
those cool alphabet stickers that you color yourself
Zig Writer Pens - 12 pack

and there must have been more because the total came too... £127 - I just worked it out and that's $180 - Ouch. It sounds nicer in pounds :-)

after I dragged myself away from the store, I went to the crop and it was amazing, there must have been 20 or 30 people there , all cropping away - I met a few people who I have only chatted with on email, including Shimelle Laine (who's in the Hall of Fame). I actually met her on the train, and scared her as I recognised her from the HOF and also she was carrying a huge CIS XXL which was a giveaway - so I sat down by her and said 'Are you Shimelle' by the time she had recovered from her shock, she admitted she was, and we had a nice chat on the train.

I can't say I achieved much - I admired quite a few albums, spent at least a half an hour moving photo's around a bit of cardstock, before giving up and putting them back in my bag, but it was great fun and I came back very inspired.

Oh - I did get some very good instructions on how to make flaps on pages, it involved paper hinges, cutting down a page protector, and some photo safe tape to reseal the cut edge - looks very effective, so I can't wait to try that as well.

Unfortunatly, I was squeezing the crop into a trip to visit my brother and wife, so 2 hours was my limit - which passed very quickly, I am planning on attempting another trip where I actually get to stay all day!

Bev

Oh Bev,

I am so happy to hear about your wonderful cropping trip. Isn't it exciting to see all the beautiful papers, die cuts, stickers and accents together in one place. My LSS is just a few miles from my home. The cropping tables are always open. It's fun to just hop in the car to go for a visit just to chat and see what everyone is working on.

I use the Dalee albums. They are of nice quality. Let me know how you like your fiskars micro touch scissors.

chessie

Glad to hear you had such a good time! Happy scrappin'! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter