My Favorite Foods at Disneyland As A Local

DVacationer

Disneyworld Vacationer
Here are my go to food items I get when I go to Disneyland and California Adventure every week. I’ll update this as I find the pictures because I have ALOT by eating almost everything there. You know about the corndogs and dole whips but those are for the amateurs and first timers. Here is the real deal quick service food a local keeps going back to.

kids meal tip yip chicken at docking bay 7. Superior to WDWs version because it has a better seasoning and isn’t a square piece of chicken. Very crispy outside juicy inside here.
4BF6C32D-9DDF-4252-AE73-AC1C23023648.jpeg

grilled cheese and tomato soup at jolly holiday. Always fresh, gooey cheese, crunchy sourdough, creamy sweet tomato soup for a dip.
87656824-28AD-4235-BACE-53730CA04DEB.jpeg

broccoli and cheese soup bread bowl from pacific wharf in DCA. The bread is actually fresh and crunchy here as opposed to other locations in DL because it’s baked here but some are then transported to DL so they get a bit stale there.
CC6251E2-EBFA-40DE-8158-77A0281EB31B.jpeg

kids salmon teriyaki from tangaroa terrace at the Disneyland hotel. Great value.
65890263-A16C-42AC-A58D-38E535C5430E.jpeg

fusili chicken from pizza planet in DL. So good.
86026D03-5B45-424F-8375-538FB6B456F8.jpeg

best salad in all of DL, Cobb from plaza inn. Ranch Dressing is house made not prepackaged like most other locations.
BBF131D5-6280-4E15-9B3E-61D7DD2128ED.jpeg

my favorite ever, cheesesteak from award Weiners in DCA but they moved it to Sonoma terrace without fries and it’s not made to order anymore. Still tastes great though.
E7A619E7-473A-4322-92C0-AFC9BC2F0C8A.jpeg

hand dipped ice cream bar from Clarabell’s in DCA. It weighs a ton, so good.
5F69E68C-34B6-4CA7-A37A-4EFC99CC7A0F.jpeg

pizza from Napolini in downtown Disney. Beats any pizza in the parks.
DFA5F801-BD3E-41BB-9BC5-AD170AFD3BD4.jpeg

More to come…

Thanks for this post! I've been going to DLR multiple times/year for years, but I've never tried most of those things. That ice cream bar looks sooooo good!

Thanks for this post! I've been going to DLR multiple times/year for years, but I've never tried most of those things. That ice cream bar looks sooooo good!

The ice cream bars are FANTASTIC, but VERY MESSY. The chocolate "shell" never fully hardens and it's thick, so it kind of falls apart as you eat it, hence the tray, but the ice cream in the bar is such good quality and so creamy and delicious.

Loving your post! Getting some new idea on things to try on next visit!
I am not very adventurous when it comes to food but that ice cream bar looks heavenly!

Keep going I need lots of inspiration! Can I ask why the kids tip yip ? Is there not an adult version?

Keep going I need lots of inspiration! Can I ask why the kids tip yip ? Is there not an adult version?
There IS an adult version but that one doesnt include the carrot and green beans or the drink and its $5.50 more. However the portion is larger but I like to get alot of different things in 1 day so Im good with the kids portion size. E22F5518-6308-49DD-B174-020163D8616F.jpeg540139C7-D033-432C-A15D-C9A1517123F8.jpeg

I have a new MUST EAT everytime I go to Disneyland (if i can get a reservation for this restaurant). The blue bayou salad from Blue Bayou! Best salad Ive had at Disneyland yet. I asked for ranch instead of balsamic and its excellent! Salad is fresh and has tiny sweet figs. Of course the ambiance is JAWDROPPING in there as you see the evening bayou and the pirates boats float by. And best of all its only $7!! It used to be included with your entree but not anymore. However, because of that, you can order it separately by itself!! I also tried their pesto pasta but it was no good.
098C179A-FB38-441B-B535-3AD844522D2E.jpeg

Can anyone tell me If I can get that fusilli pasta from Alien pizza planet WITHOUT the chicken??

Can anyone tell me If I can get that fusilli pasta from Alien pizza planet WITHOUT the chicken??
Yes you can. You just have to request that in person. If you order on mobile, dont hit “Im here” until you let the CM know inside Pizza Planet.

One of my must eats they hadn’t brought back after the parks closed was the broccoli cheese baked potato at Trabadour Tavern. They still haven’t brought that back yet but they did bring back the stuffed baked potato with bacon cheese sour cream and butter. I got it without bacon but let me tell you it is FANTASTIC. There is butter underneath the cheese, and the potato is piping hot so you can easily melt the cheese by smushing it down into the potato. It is So GOOD and so far Ive ordered it twice in a row on my visit to DL.662E5A5A-9025-4D54-96A9-A2A59931671A.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter