My dream fulfilled - THANKS DAD!!

Not a Christmas wish, but my daddy and mommy (I'm 35) are taking my family DH, DS7, DS5, and DD1 to Disney tomorrow. 24 hours and counting. I hope everyone including your great grandmother can go and make as many dreams, wishes and especially MEMORIES as possible. CONGRATS!!! and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! :woohoo: :banana:

Roseprincess-

My DMIL did almost the same thing to us two christmas's ago. Except it was a family vacation that she said she'd pay for our rooms (no DDP or tickets). When we were checking into the ASMu she told me that her and FIL decided instead that they would pay for the whole family to eat Christmas Dinner at Hoop Dee Doo :scared1:

DH and I had to charge the rooms as we could not afford a 8 night Christmas week vacation (we had to pay for two w/ the kids and my DBILs staying in the 2nd room 1/2 the trip)! I was pissed- the only reason we went during holiday time was b/c DMIL is a school nurse and could only get off then and she asked the whole family to go together on her. It was a disaster! Of course Christmas at Disney was fun but was a fortune and CROWDED! We are spoiled by our "off season" trips I guess.

It's just mean.

susieq76 said:
Roseprincess-

My DMIL did almost the same thing to us two christmas's ago. Except it was a family vacation that she said she'd pay for our rooms (no DDP or tickets). When we were checking into the ASMu she told me that her and FIL decided instead that they would pay for the whole family to eat Christmas Dinner at Hoop Dee Doo :scared1:

DH and I had to charge the rooms as we could not afford a 8 night Christmas week vacation (we had to pay for two w/ the kids and my DBILs staying in the 2nd room 1/2 the trip)! I was pissed- the only reason we went during holiday time was b/c DMIL is a school nurse and could only get off then and she asked the whole family to go together on her. It was a disaster! Of course Christmas at Disney was fun but was a fortune and CROWDED! We are spoiled by our "off season" trips I guess.

It's just mean.
I'm sorry to hear what your DMIL did! :sad2: Not very nice at all!!
It would be nice if whichever family member/family members in general had offered to pay for a family's Disney trip, that they do their research first, on how much money that person has and how much they are willing to spend to pay for the other family members before they open their mouth of offering to pay for everyone or offering to pay for this and then they change their mind. :sad2: I'm guessing the good intent was there in your MIL's case, but decided to change how much she was willing to spend at the last minute, which wasn't right at all. Glad you were able to salvage the trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!