My dream fulfilled - THANKS DAD!!

chip91

Mouseketeer
I got a call from my Dad last night & he jokingly says what did you tell your Mom you wanted for Christmas? See I'm in my 30's & so is my sister and they still ask us to make our Christmas Wish list (like we did when we were kids, only mine doesn't have Barbie's or a Pony on it anymore - never did get that Pony) SO I jokingly sent back your baby's top 10 Wishes for Christmas, labeled it down 10-1 (like David Lettermen's top 10) and put various things pertaining to Disney on each one, the last one (number 1) was to spend a week in 2007 with my entire family for the Year of A Million Dreams celebration... Back to conversation with my Dad, he says well, I'm giving you your Christmas wish. I was speechless!! (which is rare for me!) He said you book it, I'm paying! So all 10 of us (maybe 11 of great grandma is up to the challenge) are going back Oct 21-27, 2007 staying at POP in 3 rooms for my Christmas Wish!! And they are even springing for the DDP, so all I have to come up with is airfare & spending money.. WOO HOO!! :woohoo:

THANKS DADDY!!

Chip

Any plans for adoption in the near future I wanna go too!!! :dogdance:

Wow hard to top that Christmas gift. So are all so lucky. I know you will have a blast. :teeth:

Wow! That is great!

My mom is paying for mine and DD ttrip in two weeks. I am so excited. She is paying for meals (she opted out of DDP, it's a long story) also. We are just doing two days at WDW, but I think that's enough for us.

I am already planning my graduation (from college, again) trip in 2009. DD will be 4.5 then. It seems far away, but when I think of how fast the last two years have gone by, it will be like next week.

OMG I got out the kleenex for this one. How wonderful and special. Dreams and wishes really do come true. I am so happy for you and your family. I love reading happy news -- thank you for making my Saturday happier.

For sharing in my happiness with me!! I always have been (self-professed) Daddy's girl, for my entire life..I was the one he took along to all his softball games, he was my softball coach for 8 years, along with some basketball. He's always been my biggest fan, and he's always been my hero... My dad has gotten softer in his years, and he said my grandbabies aren't getting any younger, and it's still magical to them, so we are going!! (Little does he know I'm probably the biggest *kid* of them all!!)

Have a Disney Day everyone! AND YES, I'm going to see my parents today & he's going to get a HUGE hug & kiss from me!! (But we are keeping this a surprise from the kids, I want to wait as long as possible to tell them this time, a year out just seems so long away for them, I'm thinking about dd2's 8th birthday, it's in September, so I think we will tell them then) Unless Santa leaves a hint from the excitement at Papa's house on Christmas!! :rotfl:

RandiB said:
I am already planning my graduation (from college, again) trip in 2009. DD will be 4.5 then. It seems far away, but when I think of how fast the last two years have gone by, it will be like next week.

Good for you on going back to college!! That is my other dream, when my youngest dd is in all day school, I want to go back and get another degree, I have an associates in Marketing, but I'm thinking something health field related!!!

Have fun on your trip!! Hope your DD loves it!!

chip91 said:
I got a call from my Dad last night & he jokingly says what did you tell your Mom you wanted for Christmas? See I'm in my 30's & so is my sister and they still ask us to make our Christmas Wish list (like we did when we were kids, only mine doesn't have Barbie's or a Pony on it anymore - never did get that Pony) SO I jokingly sent back your baby's top 10 Wishes for Christmas, labeled it down 10-1 (like David Lettermen's top 10) and put various things pertaining to Disney on each one, the last one (number 1) was to spend a week in 2007 with my entire family for the Year of A Million Dreams celebration... Back to conversation with my Dad, he says well, I'm giving you your Christmas wish. I was speechless!! (which is rare for me!) He said you book it, I'm paying! So all 10 of us (maybe 11 of great grandma is up to the challenge) are going back Oct 21-27, 2007 staying at POP in 3 rooms for my Christmas Wish!! And they are even springing for the DDP, so all I have to come up with is airfare & spending money.. WOO HOO!! :woohoo:
Chip
Wow! You are so fortunate!! I literally cried reading your post!
Unfortunately, my twins got a call from my mom about 3 yrs ago and she told them that they are going to Disneyworld. I then got on the phone with my mom and said"WHAT"? My mom then says,"Oh, I can only give you $100 tops, you have to pay everything else yourselves". I was completely livid with my mom, as she knows DH and I didn't have the money for anything Disney(we still don't have money for a trip). We have 2 special needs kids, one of my twins has a life-threatening condition. I really thought it was cruel of my mom to say something to my kids like that. :furious:
Well, to make things alot better, I did a big search on Make-A-Wish ,since I didn't know anyting about MAW. I referred my dd for a wish for MAW. She got approved and we went on our wish trio to WDW June 2004!
The only time my twins have ever been to Disney. I have only been to WDW twice in my lifetime. I do hope my mom doesn't pull that again on me :sad2:
Obviously, she has no clue how much it cost to go to WDW. Yes, this is a true story.

Glad for you, tho!

chip91 said:
Good for you on going back to college!! That is my other dream, when my youngest dd is in all day school, I want to go back and get another degree, I have an associates in Marketing, but I'm thinking something health field related!!!

Have fun on your trip!! Hope your DD loves it!!

I am actually starting a second career nursing program. I was going to start in May of next year, but I need to slow down and get better grades, or I won't get in. Those programs are super competitive. I also need to have some more money in the bank. I can't work for at least 3 months, probably 6 months. It's only a one year program though.

Good Luck!

roseprincess said:
We have 2 special needs kids, one of my twins has a life-threatening condition.

I referred my dd for a wish for MAW. She got approved and we went on our wish trio to WDW June 2004!
The only time my twins have ever been to Disney. I have only been to WDW twice in my lifetime.
May you be blessed in your life!! Your story made me cry!! Actually my dn, has a congential heart defect, and after my dh had heart problems earlier this year, my dad said we never know what's around the corner for any of us, let's go while we can!!

Take Care!

Nice gift from your Dad, have fun planning :)

When does YOAMDs end?

i THOUGHT I read somewhere that the YOAMD was running for 15 mo's, taking it through the holiday's 2007?? Not sure if that's accurate, hope it's still going on when we get there!

chip91 said:
May you be blessed in your life!! Your story made me cry!! Actually my dn, has a congential heart defect, and after my dh had heart problems earlier this year, my dad said we never know what's around the corner for any of us, let's go while we can!!

Take Care!
Thank you so much! :goodvibes
My DD has a complex congenital heart defect,too. Really! She was born with Truncus Arteriosis. She has had 3 open heart surgeries since birth. She was in the hospital her first 4 and a half months of life due to her first heart surgery and the systemic infection that she ended up having. The bacterial infection was extremely serious and she had a 50/50 chance of making it through. By the grace of God, my dd got thru it all. DD has been stable for quite awhile now, which is a good thing! DD had racked up almost 1 million dollars in medical bills, some of it the insurance covered, and some of it we had to pay off and get in debt with our credit cards.
Yes, we were very blessed about DD being approved for MAW!! It's very strange, tho, as none of Dd's doctors ever told us about MAW and no one ever told us about MAW. It came down with me doing a big internet search about it,from the false promise my mom did(from my previous post). As MAW is not advertised that much where I live. DD's wish trip was very magical!

I am praying hard we can win a trip this time thru a contest/sweepstakes.
I have been entering a ton of Disney sweepstakes lately. Been entering the mail-in YOMD one, too!

God bless your family, that your dneice is doing better and hoping your DH is doing better, too. :)

Forgot to mention more about my immediate family. Besides my dd with her congenital heart defect, her twin brother is high functioning autistic/Aspergers. We found out about the Autism when he was 2 yrs. old. Thank God my school dist. did a screening for services for my dd at that time. They also added my ds in for the screening and diagnosed him with h.f. autism. We were able to have free Floortime therapy (autism therapy) for a few yrs thru our school dist. DS is doing well, he is talkative and somewhat social. He is even in the gifted program at school! We are so proud of his accomplishments!
Just hoping and praying we can win a Disney trip for my ds. :)

chip91 said:

THANKS DADDY!!

Chip
Awsome feeling ain't it? My parents did that for us last Christmas. Except they just sent the four of us, all expenses paid!!! Now this year they said they will go too after seeing how much fun we had haha. Oh darn the bad luck I GUESS I will have to go again. ;)

I am so happy for you!! Have fun planning. :Pinkbounc

I will keep you in my prayers, and pray for a little Pixie Dust for a contest winner :wizard: My dn is 6 1/2 years old, first open heart surgery was at 4 mo's went 02 sat levels dropped to 54, they flighted her right there to children's hosptial (3 hours away) and my poor dsis & dbil had to drive while there baby was with strangers in a helicopter!! That 1st surgery was scarry, long recovery, we almost lost her once, in hosptial for 3 1/2 weeks, but recovered at home for about 4 mo's till she really went anywhere besides to the Dr's., addicted to morph, it was horrible!! 2nd surgery was when she was 18 mo's, it was to fix the "lower 1/2" of circulatory problems/blood flow.. She can never completely be healed, and the medical term for her heart problems I can't remember right now, but basically the left side chamber never formed..The only steps we can take now when the time arises, is a pacemaker to by time and then a transplant, a bridge we try not to think about crossing until we have too, but I know it crosses my sisters mind every day. She's on 2 meds (coumiden?) is one, can't remember the other and an a baby aspririn everyday... My sister is a saint for what she's endured, it given her shoes, I'm not sure how well I would have done given the circumstances.. My DH had chest pains this May for 2 days until I finally made him go in, Atrial Tachycardia, which they told us isn't life threatening, but if it happens again and he can't get into a natural heart rhythem by himself, we have to go in for meds, and then if need be shock.. I'm truly thankful for all the blessings in my life, they are both here and that's what really counts in the grand scheme of things!!!

God Bless!!
Chip

Chip91,
Thanks for sharing about your dneice. My dd had her last heart surgery at 18 months of age also. She will need another surgery sometime in the near future, to replace her conduit. DD is doing so well now, that surgery keeps getting pushed back, which is good! My dd is 9 and a half yrs. old.
I will pray for your dneice. As I'm sure it is hard to think about a possible heart transplant in the future. Prayers and PD for your DH, too :wizard:

Blessings,
Rosemarie

Wow, your post brought tiny little tears to my eyes.

Our family is also planning a once in a lifetime trip.

My parents wanted to pay for all of us to go, but it was too costly. Instead they bought all of our theme park tickets and they are paying for us to go to the Hoop De Doo Review.

There will be 18 of us total ranging in ages from 67 to 1 year. Its going to be so much fun, I just can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter