My Disney Experience

CAL2

DIS Veteran
Hi we booked our holiday a week ago and are not able to link our hotel to My Disney Experience. I phoned Disney to ask why and was told its because its not been uploaded to their system yet and could take up to a year :( . OK we have 17 months until our holiday and will have time to book restaurants and everything else, but even so I have never known it to take a year to upload, previously its been a few days and we have been able to link our hotel and last year our magic bands, so whats changed? Do you think its worth phoning back and asking again why it would take so long.

cal:)

Thanks, not sure why this has changed. Just saw an earlier post by Ducky100 who has had the same problem, think i will follow the suggestions on there to email Disney and see if that helps.

I booked in April for next Feb (in the period when they were taking bookings but not confirming for a few days). I waited about 2 weeks and could still not link so I phoned and they gave me a very different reference which worked straight away and it now shows up with my original confirmation number. I assume this is the same sort of reference they give if you email.
Never had a problem before, always booked about 10 months out, assumed it was to do with the strange "non confirmed " booking period, but perhaps it wasn't and Disney have just changed the time scales.

I booked mine just over a week ago and it's not linking but I'm not worrying. Had the same issue last time and as @Jon84 said it won't link until roughly 450 days.

Fingers crossed the cm got it wrong and it isn't going to be another year or so :scared:

thanks, I think I will phone and see if I can get another number.

I would probably wait until the US packages go on sale on 20th June and try then...

The booking systems do not like talking to each other and there are plenty of other glitches out there at the moment :rolleyes1

I booked and was told I'd get a second confirmation number after a couple of weeks. I phoned back after a couple of weeks and they said that time that it could be a couple of months but they were prioritising closer bookings and it could be longer. She also said they wouldn't be sending me the second booking reference, I would have to phone to find out if it was available. New computer systems. I was a little disappointed but nothing I could do.

Then a few days after, I got a second email from them saying congratulations etc on booking your holiday and a link to click on. The link worked to see my booking but I still couldn't log into myself by using the booking number. I phoned then, they gave me the second number straight away and now I'm in. So I would say, wait for your second email to arrive following the original with the invoice attached and then ring for the second number. My friend did it and they linked it for her instead of giving it to her, but she's going in 3 weeks and had left everything to the last minute, only booked the resort a few weeks ago, so maybe that's why they did it for her, I don't know. But I'm in, I can customise my magic bands. Happiness restored.

Hope you manage to get this sorted, I'm having the same problems and have called and emailed a few times.. :(

Would you be able to update me please with the outcome @CAL2 ? :)

Hi, phoned Disney UK and the guy I spoke with explained that Disney have changed their reservation system. He said we need to be at least 499 day out from our holiday then he can give us a second number if we need it to connect with our MDE.

cal:flower1:

you know it's weird.....i never had to 'do' anything....it showed up on my MDE on its own...granted i only looked at my MDE at about 8 months out...
but it appeared on its own...not only that...my son's reservation also showed up in my MDE without my son doing anything...he doesn't even have an MDE account..
his reservation showed up together with mine...i never actively 'did' anything for those reservations to appear in my MDE...

Last edited:
Hi, phoned Disney UK and the guy I spoke with explained that Disney have changed their reservation system. He said we need to be at least 499 day out from our holiday then he can give us a second number if we need it to connect with our MDE.

I'm way within the 499 day mark though and they still haven't given me a second number when I've asked?
This is seriously frustrating, why are there so many conflicting bits of information??

Thank you for the update :) I am assuming you're not within 499days?

I don't understand how they've changed their booking system. That info is exactly the same as when I booked my last trip in 2015.

When I eventually lose patience and call I hope I get that cm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts