MY DCA WALKING TOUR TR

Karnever

Earning My Ears
I had the honor on sunday morning at 8:45 am to go on a hour long walking tour inside california Adventure below is my Trip report of what I saw its pretty long....... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

First off to describe the inside of the park let me sum it up in one word WOW. I was on the 8:45 tour of DCA. We first walked over to the main entrance where our Host pointed out the Murals which looks soo much cooler up close and then he shoed is the compass there I waved to some guests and CMs looking at us from the Esplanade in there hehe. After that we walked through DCAs main entrance into the Entry Plaza where our host pointed out gust relations over at DCA as we made our way to the parks Hub which some call the Sun court or Plaza De Sol he informed us that its current name is the Sunshine Plaza, we all laughed and he mentioned that it will probably go through a few more name changes. After he pointed out the Sun Icon we went to the west were we passed Burrrrrr...Bank Ice Cram and the California Zephyr Toy Train store and it looks like a real Train, The Engine part is a real old Californian Zephyr that use to travel from Chicago to California. on a side note yes you can see the Hilton and the power lines but that dose not take the fun away from the place. after the Hub of DCA we went to Condor Flats which looks just like an old Air Field the walkway is a runway, there we saw the buildings For the Taste Pilots Grill which will have really good Food I hear the Fly and Bye and of coarse Sorin over California which from what I saw from a previous test in June will be an awesome attraction. there is also bathrooms and pay phones in there that are in an actual old airplane hanger from the early 20th century. As we were exiting Condor Flats we were shown how close the Hotel comes to attractions its really close and if you have a room reserved facing Grizzly and Condor the View is Wonderful. We Rounded the corner and entered the area of the Golden State that Featured Grizzly Run let me tell you this attraction looks really nice and the Ride is Fun unfortunately this time when I was in there the water was not in the Flume but the Scenery on Grizzly is Great Trees Galore and the Rock work is some of the best I have ever seen and it feels like your really in the Mountains. Directly across from Grizzly to the west is the Hotel Guest entrance and next to that is the Redwood Creek Challenge which looks very cool with the suspension bridges climbing areas zip cords and Tunnels Kids will have a blast there heck so will I. After Grizzly we walked to the area where the golden Dreams theater is which is surrounds by shops that the buildings look like old Victorian style Houses and have catchy names painted in the windows such as Gold & State attorneys at Law. Golden Dreams is a Film that is about the History of the state of California and hosted by Woopie Goldberg who plays Queen Califca the Goddess of California or something like that hehe. After that part of Golden State we headed to the place which will have Fun in the Sun for everyone yes I am talking about Paradise pier. We could not walk all the way into the pier area because lot of the walkways were being worked on. we walked to the lagoon and to the area where there might be lagoon shows sometimes in the further. Out side of the park all of the Attractions in the Pier look slammed right on top one another but in the park you can see how there really spread out. Our Host Pointed out Screamin to us which launches you from 0-60 in 4 seconds and will reach speeds up to 70 miles per hour and it also will have an onboard music system like space mountain then we saw the orange Stinger which is supposed to represent orange county and also pay homage to the land DCA is on because it use to be orange Groves we also saw the Golden Zephyr which looks nice and has all the cains attached to it. The paradise pier lagoon water is a Bluish color and some areas you can see the bottom the tide in the lagoon will lower when Grizzly is running because that's where is water comes from. After we left the Pier we headed to the Pacific Warph area which will be home to the Mission Tortilla Factory and the Boudien bakery it looks nice and heavily themed and the water in the warph area is nice and clear and the bottom has rocks. then we passes the Robert Mondovi Winery which will host Seasons of the Vine a movie on the struggles in a year to make wine it will also have a restaurant on the second floor and a stpre and wine tasting on the bottom. After that we passed its Tough To be a bug and the entrance of that looks cool we couldn't get through the farm area to Hollywood so we went around back stage. as I entered the Hollywood pictures backlot District I which I was allowed to bring a camera this I think it one of the coolest lands in a Disney themepark I have ever seen. It felt and looked like we were really standing on a Hollywood backlot set. The ABC soap Opera Bistro was neat looking across the way from that was Award Wieners another eatery. as we looked down towards the Hyperion Theater it is designed with Forced perspective somewhat like Mainstreet is. Below the clouds painted on the building is fronts of other buildings and a road to make it look like the road keeps going. Looking toward the Hyperion and on the right side is the animation Building which looks really neat and will have some cool stuff in it and to the right is a Facade of a building and it looks like the building is complete but as we walked behind it we find out only the frond is complete. behind the Facade all the way in the back is Superstar Limo which is the Dark ride where your picked up in a Limo Form LAX as a Star going through Hollywood trying to get to a movie premier. To the left of superstar limo there was a bunch of dirt being Dug up for there starting work an a new attraction for that area. Our host said he asked around but WDI wouldn't Tell him this is were the Armageddon show is gonna go and to the left of that is Muppet Vision which the show is like the one in Florida but the Pre-show is completely different after that we exited Hollywood and found out or 50 minute tour turned out being an hour and 10 minutes heh. we left the Park and returned to Harbor Point.

A lot of People complain that you will be able to see the outside world in this park well first off let me say so what its a park themed the very state its in the middle of. I Did go in there and try too look hard the only things I could see outside were the Hilton the Convention center and the Disneyland resort hotels to see other outside stuff you have to look pretty dang hard. And for a park its size its a pretty big park I can see myself spending a whole day in there. out of 10 stars I give DCA 10 it is really Beautiful heavy themeing and all. Also you must look at the fact that DCA will expand out into timon all the way to the corner of harbor and Katella is what they want making its size double. DCA will have 22 shows and attractions when open that's 4 more then Disneyland when it opened in 1955 and has 3 more on the way plus the timon expansion down the line. and soft openings for the park begin Jan 6th.

One of the Many Dave CMs

P.S if your an AP or a kingdom club holder I suggest you go to the Preview days and if your not and want to spend 50 dollars for Charity CHOC will have a DCA day Jan 12th

wonderfull report ! Thanks so much for writing it ! I read at LaughingPlace...that you had one on MousePlanet....I spent an hour trying to find it and couldn't ! How was i to know it was at my Home on the DIS too !

<font color=navy>Karnever,
I've always looked forward to the opening of DCA, and now your post has just made me even more excited!! I am really looking forward to Feb. 4, when we go.

Thanks for sharing this with us. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland Board Co-Moderator

My Disneyland Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Glad ya liked the TR.. the reason you couldnot find it on Mouseplanet is becasue it is on Mouseinfo but it dosent matter hehe its pretty much the same TR.

One of the Many Dave CMs

Thank you so much for the review - I am getting so excited. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

What a great report after so many negative comments on other sights. I fully was expecting to be seeing plywood cut outs everywhere and to be very disappointed.

ladybballogoLR.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter