My daughter's Caringbridge Page...

Thanks Kanga, you will always be Kanga to me, at least we can keep track of her progress..

Take care of her and take care of you too..

Marsha I am Kanga for a lot of people....LOL

I read everything on this page. I will continue praying for all of you..:grouphug:

Your daughter is beautiful..:goodvibes

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. I will be following her story on the caringbridge pages. I follow a few kids' stories on caringbridge and I will add Sonya to my list of kids I follow and pray for.

Thanks for the link. I will continue to keep your DD in my thoughts and prayers while I follow Sonya's progress on CaringBridge.

Thank you John , I saw your message to her. Thank you.

Thank you for the link, Mskanga. I have added her page to the caringbridge sites that I follow. Know that she will be in my prayers daily!

You have such a beautiful and brave daughter. Both of you are in my thoughts.

:grouphug:

Penny

Mskanga,

That's a cute Caringbridge site. I signed the guestbook. My son experienced some of the same things your daughter has (medi-port, methotrexate, etc.), so I'm here for you if you need a parent's perspective on things.

Dave

Thank you Dave.
We just got back from the second treatment today, this one with the methotrexate , we are both exhausted and are going to get a good night sleep ....hopefully !

Mskanga,

So ... I take it you didn't get much sleep at the hospital? For me, the worst part was the 1st 24-hours. It seemed like they (the nurses) RARELY accessed David's medi-port right the FIRST time. That "silly" buzzer would keep going off. The 2nd day, after they called an "IV tech" in, things would get done correctly ... resulting in better sleep for David and I.

Take care.

Dave

Dave we do the treatments in a cancer center , we are there for the day and then come home. The center though is two hours away from home so I spend 4 hours driving that day and then when I get there I do not sleep , yes they have comfy loungers but who can sleep with all the commotion ?
Last night though she was able to sleep all night , although the stupid IV pump kept beeping "air in the line" when there wasn't any , I changed the line and I finally switched it to gravity , they are bringing me another pump today , let's see what happens tonight and tomorrow. I am telling you , by the time we are all done with this I am going to be able to become a nurse !
I was able to sleep better than the first time around , hopefully this pattern will continue.

Mskanga,

I completely understand. While David was going through treatment on methotrexate, he was usually there for a MINIMUM of 2 nights. At the time, I was working ... I think ... 4pm-2am. So, David's mom ("ex" DW) would typically take him ... I would live right from work, go to the hospital, send her home while I stayed with him, she would come back and I'd go right to work. Repeat process until David is done. (Yes, I packed - usually - 4 nights of clothes for myself.) Luckily, we had/have a great support group, because someone had to watch DS9. I think we had to do this 6 times, not including David's "unplanned" overnights in the hospital.

I'm here for you if you need me.

Dave

It's wonderful that you could do it like that Dave , unfortunately this is not an option for us when it comes to hospital stays because my husband works almost 4 hours away from there. We also have a 10 year old at home that until now thank god we have friends that have been able to help out , we do not have family in the state that can help out , that makes things very difficult but I am very thankful for our friends. The upcoming school year is going to be a real challenge , I don't even want to think about it.

MSKanga...I'm keeping your DD and family in my thoughts and prayers.:hug:

CaringBridge is a great tool for communicating. My grandson has a site too, chronicling his battle with leukemia. The DIS community is so caring and the power of prayer and positive thinking is real.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter