My Daughter has TSA Pre-Check. Is this normal?

kalynn

Mouseketeer
One of my daughters (Canadian citizen and resident) has TSA pre-check whenever we fly to the States. We have never applied for this and none of our other family members have it. Is this normal for someone to randomly have TSA pre-check? Or is it a computer glitch?

We randomly had that on 2 of our 4 tickets once. It was of no use of course, since we didn't all get it.

Last trip I had it and so did my kids dH did not We never applied for it but it was on our tickets We had checked in super early with the resort on our return flight Not sure if that had something to do with it

Hi, we have been given TSA a few times recently. I think it is random. Some times we both get it, sometimes just one.

It's completely random. We fly from BUF to MCO a couple of times a year. My DD gets PreCheck 50% of the time flying out of MCO and about 25% of the time at BUF....she started getting it several years ago. I never get it. She rather enjoys using it and then poking fun at me for not getting it.

My 15 year old has had this for the past few years. She even used it last time she flew to skip a long line that the rest of us had to stand in.

I've always wondered if someone incorrectly checked off some wrong box sometime to accidentally give her this access?

My husband and I are applying for this access ourselves now. We should probably also get it for our 12 year old so all 4 of us have it. That said, my 15yo doesn't have a card to go with her Pre-Check boarding passes, and I guess they could request the card any time she uses the Nexus lines?

My 15 year old has had this for the past few years. She even used it last time she flew to skip a long line that the rest of us had to stand in.

I've always wondered if someone incorrectly checked off some wrong box sometime to accidentally give her this access?

My husband and I are applying for this access ourselves now. We should probably also get it for our 12 year old so all 4 of us have it. That said, my 15yo doesn't have a card to go with her Pre-Check boarding passes, and I guess they could request the card any time she uses the Nexus lines?
Nexus and TSA Pre check are not the same. You use your Nexus to get pre check but it’s not automatic. Pre check doesn’t give you access to the Nexus line. Some airports have one line for both but some do not.

My daughter had it in March flying back to Toronto. Since she was 16, she went through it by herself while I waited in line. She gets anxious going through security and this way she got through quickly and just sat on a bench and waited.

It’s not a computer glitch. It’s random. Sometimes I get the TSA stamp, sometimes my adult daughter does, sometimes we both do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!