My cooking stinks.

chessie

DIS Veteran
My cooking stinks.

What has happened to me? I used to be considered a really great cook. Everyone loved to eat at my table. Now that I have been an empty nester for years I don't cook, I just fix. I usually throw a chicken breast on the George Forman and open up a bag of salad and that's dinner for me. Last year, only half of what I made for thanksgiving was edible, in my opinion. Everyone ate it anyway, but I know it was just to keep from hurting my feelings. I think this year is going to be the same. Soon I am going to be the one that they tell "just bring yourself."

Christmas is coming and it is always at my house. We have a traditional Italian meal. Several years ago I forgot how to make sauce. I couldn't even eat it. I kept apologizing but they all kept eating. Maybe they all have rot guts and they don't even know the difference. Maybe it was only in my mind and I never was a good cook.

Oh well, I just wanted to share my frustration and to warn all who I may give cooking advice to in the future.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving

chessie

Who needs to be able to cook if we can scrapbook?

Dont' worry DH says I'm not allowed to make the turkey. Someone else has to bring it, we ate out today.

if you can scrapbook!

Seriously, don't feel bad, one of my desserts I made today was a total flop. I was really disappointed with it. DH thought it was just fine. I think the cook is always the most critical. Often times I make something, can't stand it, and DH and DD rave! If you feel like cooking, I say go for it! Otherwise pick up a veggie tray and spend your precious time cropping :)

Hope you had a nice holiday anyway,
Candi

Maybe you're just out of practice? Could you do a trial run before the big day?

As the cook you're probably also a lot more critical of yourself. I know I always make a desert and whatever it is, it never comes out as good as I would like it, even though everyone else raves. Yesterday's applesauce cake was great, but the frosting didn't cover it properly. (It was all from scratch). There was frosting on the top and in the middle, but the sides...the frosting just didn't 'want to stay there (ended up on the plate). Didn't look really great, but it did taste yummy.

Thanks all for your encouragement. Now that the festivities are over I can look back and see that Thanksgiving went well. The in-laws and out-laws have such a good relationship with each other it is getting together that is most important. I hope your holiday went just as well.

chessie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter