• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My brother arrived at Marine boot camp today - Parris Island

Mickey's sunshine

<font color=darkgreen>Had a blast at MGM's Super S
I was told that this is a good place for military support as well as the Community Board.

So I wanted to share that my 18 year old brother left today for Parris Island. It was sad to see him go but I am so darn proud of him and I hope he does well.

I think the last few days he was having doubts on whether he will do well enough but I hope he stays positive and kicks some Marine booty. :teeth:

He called (my mother) about an hour ago and did the short, this is recruit so and so and I am here - then the phone went dead.

He says he is not going to write but I hope he changes his mind.

Thanks for letting me babble. :)

:grouphug: this is a great place to come for any question or worry you may have (I have had many), don't expect too much in the way of letters or phone calls while he is in basic. We got a few letters, but not many. We also got a few phone calls, but they were very short!! We wrote everyday and he really appreciated it, (even though it meant 10 extra push-ups for every letter) and don't send anything because that means trouble for them!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter