My bright idea for improving the appeal of the Carousel section

TenThousandVolts

<font color=darkcoral>I just gave 2 examples for t
How is this-
When it is time to refurbish- turn the 1 bdrm untis into rooms that officially sleep five people with a sleeper chair. 1 bdrms take 5, 2 brm lockoffs take 9 people. Parties of 5 renting a 1 bdrm would be placed in these rooms first. The Carousel and Paddocks could both use something to improve their desirability. In a way-this would be a way to cause people to need less points in these sections without reallocating.

Now- families of 5 that enjoy CP with a dtd view in a 1bdrm (such as myself) may think this is a terrible idea and unfair- but I like the idea. I would be dissapointed to be placed in the Carousel as is- but if provided a sleeping spot for my 3rd child- I would feel like at least we got some value being placed out in the Carousel.

That would be an economical idea.
Personally and this thought goes back to when I first heard about these..
A sleeper chair not very comfortbale sounding even if they had some type of comfort you would still have your head hitting the sides of the chair and sleeping the other way.. how wide could this be.
other than young children to early teens the only use I see for these is to offer it to someone you don't want to invite in the first place.
hey ..... I have a nice chair for you to sleep in... come on it'll be fun!

We had our first trip to SSR this past February and are going back again this Thanksgiving with my brother's family. In Feb we were "stuck" in the Carousel. My only room request for Thanksgiving was "put me anywhere except Carousel". While I love SSR and as proof am going back for a second time, I'm not sure what they were thinking when they planned this section. there are no amenities, border on the highway, and just way too far away from anything else. While your idea has merit, I think in the interim the only solution will be to reallocate points so that there is some incentive to stay there.

Mike

I think it's a great idea, especially since they've already included a sleeper chair for some 1-brs (AKV); they can just order more. :thumbsup2
I also agree that the extra amenity of sleeping 5 could offset the negative of less-desirable location. :goodvibes
There was a thread about reallocating points at SSR to make up for the perceived imbalance of locations/conveniences of Grandstand, Springs and Congress Park vs. Paddock and Carousel. Your suggestion would certainly be a lot easier for Disney! I hope TPTB read your thread!:)

That would be an economical idea.
Personally and this thought goes back to when I first heard about these..
A sleeper chair not very comfortbale sounding even if they had some type of comfort you would still have your head hitting the sides of the chair and sleeping the other way.. how wide could this be.
other than young children to early teens the only use I see for these is to offer it to someone you don't want to invite in the first place.
hey ..... I have a nice chair for you to sleep in... come on it'll be fun!
I Totally Agree- I wouldn't want to sleep in one- but if the smallest person in your party of 5 is a full-grown adult and you are cramming in a 1 bdrm- the uncomfortable sleeper chair is going to be only one of many 'issues' you'll face. Still, it would be nice to have the option.

This idea kind of 'rewards' those who are following official occupancy rules- placing them in the most desirable locations, while still allowing DVC to keep good on their word (during the sales pitch) that 5 people in a 1 bdrm is Okie Dokey.

In Feb we were "stuck" in the Carousel. My only room request for Thanksgiving was "put me anywhere except Carousel".
You know- there is another thread going where people are saying that they get the best location when they make no request, and they get bad locations when they do put in a request. Hmmm- maybe I will have to put in a request for "ANYTHING but a DTD view in CP" (a'la': Please don't throw in the briar patch!)

We haven't stayed in the Carousel section yet so I can't give an opinion yet, but we really like the Paddocks location and feel there is no need to make an improvement there.

Truly we must remember that what people like is different and according to friends that work at SSR, there have been no major complaints about either section.

The Carousel section is the most convenient section in all of SSR for guests with rental cars (or with their own cars) who like to travel around WDW in those cars.

I wouldn't be surprised if all of the resorts eventually got the sleeper chairs. Actually, I'll be surprised if they DON'T get the new chairs. :thumbsup2

DVC has done a good job of upgrading furniture and amenities in guest rooms recently. They are putting improved sofabeds in all of the resorts...better mattresses...DVD players in studio rooms, etc.

It's only a matter of time before we have things like the sleeper chairs and flat panel TVs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter