*My best job is being Caitlyn's Mommy* (picture/sound)(2 added pictures on pg 2)

Dan Murphy

We are family.
28.jpg
We will always remember our friend Robin for those words she so proudly said over and over again..........*My best job is being Caitlyn's Mommy* And so well she did her 'job'.

I first met Robin during a trip to Dallas in July of 2000, when we were able to get a Dallas DIS meet going while I was visiting there. Among the many DIS'ers I met was Robin, along with her future husband, Dan, and her little princess and love of her life, Caitlyn. I met them all again the following December 2001, at WDW, at MVMCP.

Robin was a most pleasant person. In spite of her having MS, along with an overweight 'problem' that she was dealing well with of late, and a very abusive ex, she tried to live life to the fullest. And I think we will agree she did a pretty darn good job of that.

Robin sure did provide us with many smiles over the past several years here on the DIS, along with many anxious days, as she dealt with the tough situation of her Caitlyn and her abusive ex. She laughed, she cared. She said it well in her tag under her name..........I want to go to clown school! Along with a Care Bear avatar.......
wjcare12.gif

Back about 8 months or so ago, her hubby, Dan, in severe pain from terminal lung cancer, ended his own life, another day of sadness in Robin's and Caitlyn's short lives, and one of sadness on the DIS, family we all seem to be. At the time, I asked Robin if she would like me to post a nice picture I had of the three of them, from a time which Robin had said was the happiest Dan had ever been, their trip to WDW. She said she would very much like me to do so. Here is that picture, along with a few words I posted then......

An evening of smiles for Robin, Dan and Caitlyn.....

When I read the sad news that Janette posted earlier today, about Robin's hubby, Dan, I thought back to the couple times I had met Dan, Robin and Caitlyn.

I first met them at a DIS meet in Dallas, in the summer of 2000. And last year, at the World, at a MVMCP in December. Dan was a quiet guy, but a great guy, a loving guy. As I said in my reply on the other thread, Dan just wanted Robin and Caitlyn to be happy. He officially became Caitlyn's dad and Robin's hubby this past July. I think he truly accomplished his goal.

Here is a picture I had taken of Robin, Dan and Caitlyn at the Crystal Palace restaurant, where a good number of us ate prior to MVMCP that night last year at the Magic Kingdom. Dan is bending over a bit, as I was down low so as to get a good straight-on shot of Caitlyn. A great family they are.

I asked Robin tonight if I could post this short post and picture, so more of us here on the DIS might come to know Dan a bit more. She said it was fine. Thank you, Robin, my heart and prayers go out to both you and Caitlyn, yours and Dan's families.

God speed, Dan.

To this, I can only add, God speed, Robin, to you also, you are now with Dan, and you have all the opportunity to continue with your goal of.......*My best job is being Caitlyn's Mommy*

<embed src=http://www.dmurphydis.com/music/beautyintro.mid hidden=true autostart=TRUE height=0 width=0></EMBED>

<center>
robindan.jpg
</center>

Well said, Dan. Thanks.

Thank you so much for caring so much, Dan. Wht a great picture to think about today.

No words can possibly express the feeling of pain that child must be going through. All we can do is pray her 2 special guardian angels watch over her and protect her for the rest of her days.

May God grant her daughter and her family peace.....:(

Lovely picture of the 3 of them.
Thank you for sharing it with us Dan.

I'm crying again. :(

What a wonderful and moving tribute, Dan. Thanks for doing it.

So much pain and hardship in such a young life, and yet Robin always seemed to handle it all with such grace, dignity and most of all, HUMOR.

She will be sorely missed. May she rest now in everlasting peace, and may God's love and grace be with her family, and with Caitlyn most of all . . .

Thank you for posting this, Dan. My heart just breaks for Caitlyn. So much loss, especially for someone so young. She is loved, as is her mommy. :(

What a very nice thing to have done Dan.

Robin you will forever be in our thoughts and prayers. May you watch over Caitlyn and guide her along.

Well said Dan. Thank you for posting that photo of the 3 of them again.

Another DISer (Jaimee) and I are at work together today and both in shock over this. The first thing we both thought of was her "catch phrase" about being Caitlyn's Mommy. It's really beyond comprehension that so much sadness has come into little Caitlyn's life in such a short amount of time.
:( :( :(

I just can't get over how sad this is. Although I didn't know her, I remember how much loved she showed and gave.

God protect Caitlin from this sadness.

Dan,
How lovely! I just had the pleaseure of getting to know her a little better and she was such a joy! So sweet and funny! I am so saddened by this!

Thank you, Dan. I didn't know Robin very well, and your thread helped me put a "face with a name" and a little about her and her family.

I pray for her DD, Caitlyn, that she gets through this OK.

Thank you for that Dan. You are such a kind and caring soul.

Rest in peace Robin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter