MY ADVENTURES N NEW ORLEANS & OTHER ASSORTED SILLY STUFF TRIP REPORT; NOV '17

SOME SPA MUSIC TO GETCHA N THE MOOD FOR THIS ADVENTURE......:goodvibes

Work. Smirk .... Vacation has started. Feels nice to chill out and relax with Ladybug out in our backyard.

Tonight is Cajun food and some much needed hurricanes ...yum!:drinking1

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

Last edited:
About to head out to great Wolfe Lodge. paw:

along with some 'slight change in plans".......:rolleyes1

and it all starts with Outback Steakhouse.:worship:

(YUM!!)

MORE TO COME -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
:goodvibes**NO RACCOONS NOR TRESS WERE HURT IN THE FILMING OF THIS MOVIE**:goodvibes

**EDITOR'S NOTE - WHAT I AM ABOUT TO BLOG IS WITH ME AND A 'FEW' RITAS DOWN ME SO "HOPEFULLY" THIS CONVERSATION WONT GET TOOOOO SILLY**:rolleyes1

ANYWHO -

To back up just a wee bit, here is the answer that has been even buggin' me from a few postings ago -
Pac Man ghost names:magnify:
The Pacman ghosts are called Inky; Blinky; Pinky and Clyde. The Red ghost, translated from Japanese, is red guy, the Pink ghost is pink guy, the Blue ghost is blue guy and the… Orange ghost is slow guy. The red ghost's name is Blinky, the pink ghost is called Pinky, the Blue ghost is Inky and the Orange ghost is Clyde....

....So here I am these past few days, just a chilling out and getting ready for this fun when from what it appeared to be a mass cancelation of sorts of fun! RRRRRR!!!!

1)First , due to low occupancy - Grapevine Wine tours canceled for Sunday.....:(
2)Then the Food tasting tour for Friday canceled as well!:sad:
(same reason)

OKOKOKOK ---- NOT COOL.:crazy2:

So I switched gears and substituted going out to Outback Steakhouse instead Friday am; which IMO was an excellent choice.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
That steak and merlot wine just couldn't be beat as it began to go a long way to distressing me from all that silliness going on down in San Antonio (I am against it as there is a HUGE protest of sorts going on down there as far as what to do with the Alamo - one side wants to literally turn it into a shopping Mall area while others are trying to preserve, protect and restore).

**FYI** - just Google, "Re-imagine the Alamo" as I am part of the group that wants to "Reclaim, Restore"......

BUT.....
to back ya up a wee bit, the double feature of "Guardians of the Galaxy" just rocked!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

From 4:30 to about 10:30pm, it was 6 very intense hours of three-D action packed fun that IMHO equaled riding all the rides at Universal.....in one day.

(Kurt Russell plays a really cool bad Dude in the 2nd flim)

Allright, so as I head on up into the Great Wolf Lodge around 1:15pm,

I noticed that the Front Desk there had assigned my room on the first floor (pre-check in) unbeknownst to me which of course didn't sit with me as I really like my balcony views after a rather fun but long day vacationing.
So, they found me a room on the 2nd floor which gave me a MEH reaction as I chilled out waiting for me new room to become cleaned as again they were hesitant to look at other rooms for me.
(POST SCRIPT) I feel the actual reason why they didn't want to look for other rooms for me is that there are not one but TWO very large groups coming in and they have already been pre-blocked and or just didn't want me on the same floor as those two large groups but again, this is IMO.....

3pm rolled around b4 I knew it & well.....
still NO IPHONE CALL from the front desk....

I had to re-approach the Front Desk at about 3:15pm and re-ask again the question. I was feeling a weeeeeeeeee bit perturbed over receiving this "kind" of Customer Service but I kept my tongue in check and was kindly asking the rep what vacant Clean rooms were available as I was feeling that I just would like to start my Hotel side of this vacation and wouldn't even mind a water park view.....

(ONE OF THE OPTIONS I WAS GIVEN WHEN THEY SENT ME AN EMAIL ASKING ME IF I WANTED AN UPGRADE TO OTHER ROOM OPTIONS)

.....or even something more expensive and it was just then another person intercepted the conversation and said that my new room was ready and that "they were just about to call me.":crazy2:

Now by then, I knew that Gentleman who intercepted the conversation was IMHO just trying to shall we say 'C.Y.A.' but again, I was trying my best to be in a vacation mode but I have to tell you, the overall way I was treated by the Front Desk at the Great Wolfe Lodge really ranked out if you will subtracting 3 points off their overall score from the Guest survey, "AND HOW WAS YOUR STAY WITH US?"

I made this reservation MONTHS ago and this is what I receive along with the wonderful Customer DIS-service?:crazy2:

Again, I digress -
So as I was trying to just move on and focus on the Hotel side of my vacation, I headed on up to the room (#2080)-

opened up the drapes and......
wait for it................................popcorn::
wait for it.....................................popcorn::

that balcony view....
the view -

well -
its like this -

its of the parking lot.:scared1:

WHAT THE WHAT??:crazy2:

Now before any of you think I'm nuts,

I innocently discovered where Elements Spa soon after the shock of seeing that balcony "view" and the Spa is located on the 3rd floor. It was there I found my :littleangel: who rescued me from the depths of feeling blue over that danged balcony view

(SERIOUSLY, FRONT ENTRANCE DRIVEWAY VIEW OF THE MAIN ENTRANCE TO THE HOTEL) -

and with a strawberry margarita in one hand, she lead me to the Relaxation room and was gracious enough to allow me to use that area for about 20 minutes.

WOWZERS!!:rainbow:

and like that, I was firmly in vacation mode.
:thanks: Carolyn - that was very nice of you. - Nice Service Recovery -:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 You deserve a pat on the back. you rescued me when I was feeling very down.

**HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO EVERYONE**

MORE TO COME -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

FYI -THE WATER PARK HERE AT GREAT WOLF LODGE ROCKS!!:cloud9:
Oh I can tell I am gonna be just a wreck for my 9am Spa appointment Saturday followed by lunch then a 4 hour wine tasting but ya know??

I DONT CARE cuz It's "five O'clock Somewhere"........:tongue:

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

and with that, time for lights out.......:)

Looking forward to some more wine tasting today.... -:snooty:

(fun being an unofficial wine snob for a day; which is a good thing)

....this time out in Grapevine, Texas.:teleport:

CYA n the am -

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
One of the strangest things I had fun watching (from my.....:ssst:.balcony) overnight was watching planes literally taking off from DFW Airport and flying so low overhead you could very easily make out the Airplane Company Logo on the tail of each plane.:cool2:

and with that, about to head out for my Spa retreat-

(I tried every which way to NOT get any reflection when I took this pic but no can do....so hence the glare on her nose.... OOPS!!).

More to Come -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
just got out of the Elements Spa. 4 hrs! And loved every min of it .:goodvibes:goodvibes

From their Signature foot massage, Massage, facial...YES - my very first facial, to enhancements like Hot stones to scalp massage.......that was 4 full filled hours that I will never forget!
:thanks: Lynn, Monica, Carolyn. Kristol & everyone else. The Spa & the Grapevine wine tastings have been the highlight of this vacation of mine...

ANYWHO -
I am now about to totally dust off a quick burger and fries at the Lodge Wood Fire & Grill; located just across from Elements Spa.

very nice place - wonderful food and atmosphere.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I'm now on a
Small break then on to wine tasting via Grapevine Wine tours. Com. Turning out to be quite a fun day. ....now if we can just get the San Antonio residents to vote NO on bonds 1, 3 and 4 today ..... If so I am breaking out some French wine to celebrate....:scratchin

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

STRANGE TWIST OF FATE...... -:goodvibes

.....just got a call from Grapevine Wine tours

(our Tour guide J.R.) ..... and asked Sunday is still on, would you like to go?

So with a slight leap of joy in my heart,:tongue: I said yes.....
dang glad its back on -:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Now speaking of wine tasting....
about to head off for it -popcorn::

FIRST STOP -

P.S.S.. All is now well with me and the Great Wolf Lodge.... Just spoke with Ms Alice Zao and will follow up w her and making a return to great Wolfe Lodge next year- thank you Alice for your kindness .:thanks:

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
WE WERE QUITE A SASSY BUNCH LAST NIGHT.....:smooth:

oK, SO WHERE DID WE LAST LEAVE OFF??:confused3
Cuz, I tell ya, I'm just a wee bit wobbly after sippin' a bottle Cuvee Leah Grande Cuvee French Wine (a blend 85% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Savignon.......and that was AFTER having fun out at Grapevine Wine tours....

It also helped to drown out the sorrow I felt after learning that ALL San Antonio Bonds PASSED!!:sad: I am still out fightin for the Alamo but I get a feeling its a losing battle....

ANYWHO -:drinking1

I am learning a lot about the Grapevine, Texas side of wines as our first stop was Homestead Winery. Now with this being only my third tour with them, I am seeing that IMHO I really didn't care for Homestead .... it was nice (selection of wines were ok, not Fantastic but ok) but hey - I am a Merlot and or Pinot Noir kinda guy so you never know, it is to each their own.:goodvibes
(they don't carry any Merlot or Pinot) -

So
After about 45 minutes tasting various wines (the pepper wines were pretty good, caught my attention)....HIGHLIGHT - was the Jalapeno wine shots = 2 COOL!! you eat the jalapeno and IMHO it enhances the flavor of the wine....rrrrr I forgot which wine they served it with.....

......after about 45 minutes, we then headed off to Su Vino Winery (MY FAV):cloud9:

By now, I could tell we were ALL feeling shall we say 'No pain" ;)as we were all cutting up, laughing and just having one H of a good time tasting various wines. And it was here that one wine really caught my attention -

DUSTY TRAIL red wine.party:

Finally bought my very first bottle of Texas wine and plan of enjoying that bottle (out on the balcony of my room tonight) while I am taking in my very last full day here at the Great Wolf Lodge. paw:
Overall, I sense this is where I want to be for my birthday....NEXT DECEMBER so I am having fun emailing Alice and together we will get this booked; my best guess for mid to late November next year......

So.......
SLIGHT CLUE - on where I am going next after Disneyland Paris......
It will be through Collette Vacations .com and Great Wolfe Lodge will IMO be a nice tune up for it.

ANYWHO -
NOW, about last nights dinner with that Sassy Wine tasting group I was with..... Lots of stories to tell about who said what over dinner.....

Cuz, after all - remember , 'WHAT HAPPENS ON VACATION STAYS ON THE INTERNET.":laughing:

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
:dancer:Kickin' it at Farinas' Winery and Café -:goodvibes

The choices of wine were fantastic as so was the food - by now we were all a acting silly and just having a complete blast. And so was overhearing the various conversations; ranging from New York this and that to healthcare, etc. I was literally surrounded by Medicaid people and various people in the healthcare industry.

Some of the conversation I overheard had to do with New York as the Guilty shall remain nameless. But I will say, an easy way to really tick off the wineries was what occurred earlier in the evening as of our the Guests made a remark that that particular wine she was tasting tasted like ear wax.

HUH??:confused3
and that lady behind the counter at Homestead was none to please shall we say by that remark.....

But to me the highlight was hearing about how the setting (old antiques) like stuffed birds and what not would or could come alive the more you drank and I tell ya. the more I drank,:drinking1:drinking1

I really really REALLY envisioned those stuffed birds coming alive and attacking us -

TOO FREAKY or I was just a weeeee bit tipsy. ya had to been there to understand this one. NOw onto the subject of food -:goodvibes

the lasagna was just right and so was the company. We were all having fun and just kicking back and having one h of a great time.

Soon, it was time to head back to the Hotel drop off locations. And with that, I was off to partake into one fantastic bubblebath that couldn't be beat with lights out around midnight.

lights officially out around 1am.
All in all, one fun day -:goodvibes

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Headin' out now for another 4 hour spa retreat up in Elements Spa -:cloud9:

CYA n a few.....

T.T.F.N.
&

Sounds like so much fun
Have all the time in the world to lay in bed and read your reports

Very uplifting

Sounds like so much fun
Have all the time in the world to lay in bed and read your reports

Very uplifting

Ready for some more interesting news??:cloud9:

I seemed to have accidently picked up not one but TWO Jiminy Crickets in the form of Monica & Lynn....
WHICH IS A GOOD THING:)

....cuz they have provided me some much long overdue inspiration to lose weight and keep it off.:thanks:

So HAIL YES, be on the look out for me to start a weight loss blog via my Disney France blog you see listed below in my signature.:wishsixty

YES, THAT'S MY OVERALL WEIGHT LOSS OBJECTIVE AND THEY BOTH HAVE BEEN TOLD ITS OK MY ME FOR THEM TO SAY, "YOU LOOK A 'H' OF A LOT BETTER" WHEN ......

wait for it.....
wait for it............

when we see each other again sometime in Febr 15 thru end of March area next year and again, YES - that will also be posted on my France Travel blog as I do plan on at least at this time rebook back thru Elements Spa as a nice warm up for when I go off to Disneyland France.

Possibly also in late Nov this year but again, I need to go home, crunch some numbers and see can I do both and if not, then it will DEF be in Febr area thru sometime late march next year.

and with that, just got out of the Lodge Wood Fired Grill....
Lillian was very gracious and kind as my Server -

Loved the Salad -

About to
now
throw my Bod down for 90 min cat nap b4 I head out for some more Wine Tasting....

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
This all sounds really great

I remember in one of your last trip reports you talked about dieting

Hey you will get the weight off once you get started

And you have peeps planning on the trips in the future same as you

This all sounds really great

I remember in one of your last trip reports you talked about dieting

Hey you will get the weight off once you get started

And you have peeps planning on the trips in the future same as you

Been sidelined from all this Work related garbage....
nononononononooooo - I will not allow it -

I want to badly in a few months so shake both Lynn & Monica's hand and say THANK YOU.:dancer:
(see that's me dancing!)

BESIDES......remind me to tell ya what happened to me this am while in for the spa retreat...... I feel like a new me! Never never NEVER in my life had I had that much fun....and I owe it all to Monica. She is a lifesaver and YES, plan on coming back here to the Great Wolf Lodge cuz the atmosphere is fun, the people, the water park & MONICA...

DETAILS COMING UP ON WHAT SHE DID..... for OVER 2 1/2 HOURS!!:)

I owe them (Monica & Lynn) dearly for helping provide that spark to not only lose weight but keep it off -:jumping1:

Off now for some much fun seeing downtown Grapevine while enjoying some wine tasting....

FYI -
I learned yesterday while on our Wine tour that there is some sort of a clock that chimes there with Disney characters coming out and the viewing area for it is where you meet for the Tarantula train.

Gotta boogy for now - will clean up these last few postings in a few days I promise.
Crazy as it sounds, I am beginning to think now Dodies Restaurant & that Paris restaurant.....and New Orleans!

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2::wave2:

Last edited:
About that group tour of wine tasting fun last night........
**OUR 2ND STOP**

I am now at Messina Hof winery and have fallen in love with her. :love: It's a former hotel turned into a winery - Really impressed with the setting and the wine selections.

Love their wines -

just to give ya an idea -

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:drinking1

Last edited:
Sitting right across from a Health coach at dinner ....ok that s cool. To be continued .... Will write More very nice person -:goodvibes

(2nd from the left and she's from Coppell)

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
:magnify: **BUCKET LIST ALeRT** :magnify: Be on the lookout for me to go on a African Safari....
(approx. in a little over 2 yrs from now....this one has me curious since I went on WDW'S "Backstage Tails" Tour, etc and if memory serves me right, gocollette.com also has a tour like this)

and -
P. S.S. I do change my mind about Homestead winery (we visited there again aka "stop #1) as they do have some wine white wines that really satisfied my palate ...

there were some white wines I totally and innocently missed while there (far right column on the tasting tables) and taking a 'few' tastings there, I feel I need to amend my earlier comment and say that their white wines are FAB!! and so is Homestead Winery......:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

What can I say -:o
I can see the why behind the what of the Tour Guide saying more or less, "If you are a red wine drinker, try stepping out of your 'zone' and try whites, etc."

Ok.....I see now the logic behind that -
Hence my opinion is different now about Homestead Winery. Nice place, beautiful selection of whites, reds and ports to satisfy anyone.....including Yours truly.:)

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Enjoying talking with a very nice lady from Zambia
(one on far right of the group pic a few posting earlier) - she's got me hooked on a African Safari so yes be on the lookout for me to so that. To be continued ...

Now about our dinner......

By now, I could tell that SOME PEOPLE in our tour group had FINALLY loosened up and was very conversational over dinner - ie - at first when I approached two who shall remain nameless, they were very IMO stand offish. And well. I respected that and conversed with the other couple but by now, we were ALL conversing and having one H of a good time cutting up and such over dinner.

Our tour group menu selection -

Which I chose -

(YUM!)

DRAT!! It's now 9:30pm ish:headache:
Time for the fun to close...........

Or did it?:confused3

OKOKOKOKOKOK...... I will admit this.....After we got back to our respected Hotels, I got the biggest kick relaxing out on the balcony of my Hotel room, watching low flying planes fly overhead while 'sippin';) on some more wine.

Things got just a weeeeeee bit fuzzy for me around 1am - so fair to say I "walked" on over to my bed, paused - pivoted and then fell backwards into the bed with the biggest smile on my face as I slowly drifted off n2 NeverNeverland........

:thanks: Great Wolf Lodge and Grapevine Wine tasting.com - it has been a total blast -
and most of all MONICA - a heartfelt and much THANKUTHANKUTHANKU.....it was so much dang fun having you contort my body in all different angles (earlier n the day for just a smidge over two and a half hours)
and well....to feel the insides of me get pushed, pulled and stretched by a Pro like you - I take my hat off to you and again say THANK YOU....Looking forward to seeing all of you again in a few months and a lighter me as well.:) Yes, I have had something like this in intensity while in San Fran a few years ago but it was only a Thai massage and I didn't learn anything but thru you I have and more - next time . I plan on seeing you again.... Thank you so very much

UP NEXT:
DEPARTURE DAY:sad::sad:

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
about to get my day started......

gotta put my luggage and what nots in my car -

get changed n2 my water park outfit

and hit dem water slides one more time b4 I am off for a return trip to....

Ladybugpaw: gets checked out of her Hotel Tuesday -
I miss her....

p.s.s.
yes, I do have some video that I have shot while on this stay but my laptop hates me trying to download that onto Photobucket.com so I am choosing to and do that later on -

And ya know, fair to say now....bring on Nawlins-

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!