My ADR plan for booking on Monday, comments please!

rubysparkles

Mouseketeer
It's been quite a few years since I last went to WDW and even longer ago that I booked a lot of ADRs 180 days in advance. This will be a solo trip, lots of park hopping and plans will change depending on what happens with Galaxy's Edge (can I knock it out in a day, will there be a morning or evening paid event, EMHs, how popular it is etc. etc.) but I've been on most attractions so I'm not going to be doing military touring every day.

Here's the plan for ADRs to book on Monday;
16th November - Depends when my flight arrives and how long it takes to get to the resort but I'll probably eat at a lounge in AKL, Jiko's or Sanaa's lounge as I love both of them. I'm coming from the UK, so there's no way I'm gambling with ADRs this night, the immigration lines are an unmeasureable beast. I've had to wait at US immigration for everything from 20 minutes all the way up to 3 hours. MCO has never been a short wait for me, but I'm hoping for no more than an hour.

17th California Grill (Brunch) (May the odds ever be in my favour) // Jungle Skipper Canteen (Dinner) (Last available ADR before the party so I can maximise my time in MK)

18th Sci-Fi Dine-In (Lunch) // Space restaurant (Dinner) (Obviously can't book that yet, maybe I should book something else to cancel if I get an ADR for the restaurant? Was thinking of just eating at F&W booths.)

19th Boma (Breakfast) // Eat to the Beat (Dinner) (First choice Chefs des France, but I'm pretty open to which restaurant, I just want the latest time of 5:30 as I want to do 4 parks in one day and spend the entire evening at Epcot. I'd prefer someone I hadn't eaten before so maybe Biergarten as a second choice? Although I like Spice Road Table and Via Napoli too! Too many choices.)

20th Tiffins (Lunch) No need for an ADR that evening as I want to do the lounges at Swan and Dolphin.

21st (My birthday!) Grand Floridian (Brunch) // Takumi-Tei (Dinner) (Again can't book this, but really want this to be my fancy dinner of the trip)

22nd I'm leaving this open so that I can see how the rest of my days go and do whatever I don't get to do, so maybe eat more at F&W or just lounges at DHS // The Edison (Dinner) (A late ADR so I can see the entertainment too.)

23rd Raglan Road (Brunch) // Boma (Dinner)

24th Homecomin' (Brunch) (But if I can't get California Grill on the first Sunday, I'll try for this date instead)

I've got bookmarks on my phone for each restaurant and will be using MDE as a first choice to book with those as back up.
I was planning on doing it in this order:
California Grill, Eat to the Beat package, Boma (I want the earliest breakfast on the day I'm booking), Raglan Road, Homecomin', Grand Floridian Cafe, Jungle Skipper Canteen, The Edison, Tiffins, Sci-fi Dine-In.

The only thing I'll be a little sore about is if I can't get the California Grill brunch, there's so many options at WDW and I love all food (just not nuts, which is fine because no menu has everything covered in nuts, yay). And if all else fails, it just means I'll eat more at F&W booths.
Any suggestions? Anything I've missed? Anything you would change?

Your plan looks good for you I would just add that getting ADR's in the opening weeks of Galaxy's Edge will probably be more difficult. Because of Galaxy's Edge we are not going again until 2021. I want some of that newness to wear off first. Well that and learning from people like you who are going early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter