My 50th Birthday trip... Over a Year in the Making!

Jasen

Earning My Ears
Can it still be my 50th birthday trip if I'm 51 when it happens? :confused3
Hello everyone I'm Jasen I've been reading on the Dis for quite a while and am really excited to start a pre-trip report of my own. This trip has been in the planning stages for over a year. I really wanted to go to Disney to celebrate my 50th, but as often happens life got in the way and my milestone celebration had to be postponed.
After several false starts we have finally gotten a basic plan for a long past due Disney trip. (Major shout out to Angela at Small World Vacations she has the patience of a saint dealing with all my postponements and other changes.)
We will be driving to Orlando from Atlanta, GA. on October 10 and staying at Sheraton Vistiana Resort from the 10th to the 14th. with 3 days at Universal and a dolphin watching cruise in Clearwater. On the 14th we will pack up and move to Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter for a 3 night Disney package :earsboy: This will be my 3rd trip to Disney World. We don't travel very often, so when we do we like to go all out (or as out as our budget will allow) This time to avoid the sticker shock on dining, we have opted to go with the deluxe dining plan. I know that is a lot of food, but since we are only there for 3 days and we both really want to try some of the better restaurants. we plan to do one table service and one signature each night. I'll probably have to be up and online at midnight 180 days out to score a reservation at CA Grill during the fireworks. We haven't been to Disney since 2014 I know there have been so many changes I'm not sure what other restaurants and experiences we should be looking at, so I would like to ask the experts here on the Dis for some delicious dining suggestions. I'm really looking forward to trying the Nutella Waffle.
Thanks in advance :thanks: for any food or other suggestions
I will add more details as we finalize our plans

Reactions: DLo
Hi Jasen! Congratulations on your upcoming birthday celebration! Your plans sound very exciting. I am also planning a 50th Birthday celebration at Disney this year, but I will be going before my birthday (and yes I am still counting it as my b-day!) 😄 I would love to go to Universal at some point as well, but I can't seem to give up my Disney days. When my girls get older I am sure we will make a visit. Have you stayed at POFQ before? We have stayed there once and really liked the resort. The size was perfect for us. You will also have the boat to Disney Springs and you could use some of your dining credits there. Since it is usually just me and my two daughters (age 11 & 14) we don't do many signature meals, so I am not much help there. We have ate at Homecomin several times and really enjoyed it. That would be one TS credit. I am sure you will enjoy yourself wherever you go!

Hi!
Sounds like you have a great trip planned to celebrate turning 50. I see that your last trip was in 2014 - same as me. I have my trip planned for June/July. SO many changes and new things to try out. If you are like me, you have been reading the DIS and getting lots of ideas for things to try, like the Nutella Waffle.

I stayed at PORFQ on my last trip and loved it! I expect you will too. Your plans to have dinner at CA grill during the fireworks sounds ideal. I would love to try it someday myself, but for my upcoming trip I will be doing mostly quick service meals since I will be traveling with teens. I am looking forward to trying out new qs places, snacks and drinks.

Have fun planning and keep us posted!

I went for my 50th too. ( 3 years ago ) following along and looking forward to reading more. I splurged on BC that trip but POFQ is one of my favorite resorts. Small so everything is convenient. Beautiful grounds and boat to Disney Springs are other pluses.

Sad news. With everything going on right now, we have decided to postpone our trip yet again. We are now shooting for October 2021. I hope things will return to something resembling normal soon. Looking on the bright side Tron and Guardians will be open by that time (hopefully). I'm looking forward to reading experiences of those who do go during the different reopening phases. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!