My 5 yr old niece has Celiac ....

hygienejean

Diser since 2002!
We know that full service restaurants are great with gluten free foods. My question is about counter service restaurants. does anyone know if they have special fryers for french fries? What about GF bread? Will they get it for someone if they know someone with Celiac is coming ? (If we somehow called ahead?) My sister seems to think the counter service places will do all the things the full service restaurants will do but I just don't know. I have read the articles on Deb's site and they really didn't answer my questions. Anyone here have any info or experience with Celiac at WDW? Any thoughts are appreciated! :D

Friends of ours have a 5 year old son with celic. They had a wonderful trip last fall !! My planned on bringing most of the stuff her ds was able to eat until I reffered her to the info on Deb's sight....she was amazed that WDW was so accomodating!! She did call a head to the places they would be dining and talked with most of the chefs before leaving home. I am not sure about counter service but I will be sure to ask her and maybe I can get info to you ...
I do know that they had the most amazing experienc overall and it still brings tears to her eyes when she is discussing how special her ds felt to be able to "eat normal" in the restaurants!!
Enjoy your trip and good luck!

Hiya :D

just wanted to add that as far as eating in the counter service places, my mum could eat the chips, they are done in their own chip fat, not mixed with other fryers & we did find one or two othere things that were gluten free. We always asked anyway just in case but we had no problems there at all.

On a side note the best meal my mum had was at the Rainforest Cafe at AK - the chef pulled out all stops and made mum a wonderful meal. He told her they have a seperate area, utensils and food products so no risk at all of cross contamination :D

HTH

Carol

here are some phone #'s of various chefs (i believe it to be accurate as of june 2003)

MAGIC KINGDOM Executive Chef 407-824-5967
EPCOT Executive Chef, Sharon Schifano, Epcot F&B, 407-560-7483
MGM STUDIOS Executive Chef Michael LaDuke 407-560-1347
ANIMAL KINGDOM Executive Chef Robert R. Adams 407-938-2441

if you call, you'll find them to be very helpful.

dj

Wow thank you all for the help! Will these executive chefs know about counter service as well as sit down restaurants? does anyone know which places will have the gluten free pizzas that I have read about? Thanks so much!
Jean

yes - they'll get you all the info you'll need. brenda at the magic kingdom phone # was even able to track down the ingredient list for the turkey legs sold at the frontierland push cart, so i could be sure they were safe for me.

dj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter