MVMCP Guests To Get An "EMH"

As someone who attended MVMCP back when they did clear the park of day guests before allowing party guests in, as well as attending when you can get in at 4pm, I truly prefer the clear out method. It felt like you were actually attending an exclusive event. There weren't people checking for wristbands every few feet, and you could ride attractions multiple times at the start, just as if it were rope drop. They didn't have the room to do this with the bag checks right at the gates, but now that those are pushed way back, they would have room again. I might consider attending more often if they went back to clearing the park.

This makes me even more glad that I went ahead and got MVMCP tickets. I won't have anything else to compare it to, as this will be our first time at the party, but it seems like this should encourage non-party guests to either avoid MK that day (for non-hoppers), or go ahead and leave for their evening destination (for hoppers) so that they aren't wasting an hour of park time in a place where they can't ride anything.

Interesting! I hope they don't take away the 4pm start, personally. It gives me time to get the merch I want at the beginning and enjoy everything else at the party!

Day guests can enjoy attractions until 6, then dine or shop without having wasted open park time on the latter two activities.
Right, I guess I'm hoping that the average park guest at MK that day will simply see that the park is only open until 6pm and will decide that their evening is better spent in another park where they can eat, shop, ride, and enjoy nighttime entertainment.
I would think by 6-7pm, people are either in the midst of dinner plans or are heading to wherever they're going to spend the evening. I would think folks who don't have hoppers and want to enjoy a park at night won't come to MK at all that day, and folks who have hoppers will want to leave MK early enough to get to their evening destination and avoid the incoming party crowd.
I realize that may not be the reality of the situation, but I think that 6-7pm transition time for day guests to depart and party guests to arrive has the potential to make a better experience for party-goers.
If I'm wrong...no biggie. Still excited to be going to the party!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter