MVMCP Day Plans?

timsueshd

Julie the Cruise Director
I am trying to decide how to plan my MK day with MVMCP.

What / or how does everyone else plan their day?

We (2 adults and a 13 yr old son) are going to MK on Nov. 27 and have tickets to MVMCP. Our ADR is 1:50 at BOG. All of our FP's are in the afternoon (after 2, up until the party starts), Peter Pan, 7DMT and Thunder Mtn, so the option of leaving and coming back is not really an option.

My options in my head are:

1. Arriving morning (not necessarily rope drop) starting in Adventureland and move counterclockwise, get as much done as possible by our ADR at BOG. And then stay all night until party closing at midnight. In my perfect world (LOL), my theory is if we are there all day / night, we could somewhat do the park laid back / leisurely and not have to rush.

OR

2. Hang out at our hotel or visit Disney Springs in the morning and not head over to MK until our ADR time.

The following day is HS with an ADR at 11:25 and I'm not planning on going there until our ADR time.

for us we sleep in late -- or as late as we can, and take our time going to the park. i would wait until your ADR. It'll be a long day and you want to enjoy the night hours, not be exhausted.

We usually do not plan to go to any park that day. Just lounge around, go to the pool maybe Disney Springs.

If they do the 2:00 entry for DVC members at MVMCP like they did for MNSSHP we may just get lunch and head in.

Personally, I would plan on doing option 1. We like getting to MK earlier in the day on a party day and getting some of the rides in and an ADR in before the party starts. It allows us to walk through the party at a more leisurely pace and enjoy the special events more since we aren't rushing around trying to get all of our rides in, too. On a party day, we usually swim a little in the morning and then head out to MK late morning. So it's a little mix of hanging at the resort and a longer MK day. I, personally, wouldn't want to do DS on a party day. Too much traveling all over WDW property for my tastes. Since your FP's aren't until after lunch, why don't you just see how you feel when you get up that morning?

I absolutely would not do option 2.
Seems silly to even have ticket for MK that day if that is the option you choose.
I'd just drop the BOG ADR and enter at 4pm using the party ticket.

So I'd say go with option 1.
As you said you can do it at a slower pace which prevents you from becoming worn out.

Personally we like to just have a party ticket on our party day. We sleep in a bit and then go to DS or hang at the hotel and then arrive to line up at about 3pm.

I would say it depends on the day prior to the MVMCP. I would prefer to have an early night the day before if I were doing Option #1. A full day that is virtually open to close at MK is fine if you manage the days both before and after accordingly. It souds like the day after is already covered, so, as long you are planning a good night's sleep the day before, I say go with Option 1.

We have a similar situation.

Nov 25th MVMCP. For that day we will hang out by the GF resort pool or do Disney springs till 1.30pm. At around 2 we have ADR at CRT, than we many plan on going back to resort till 5/6pm for a rest OR stay at MK. We will play it by ear.

I think it depends on how many days you will be at WDW and if you will be heading back to MK or not. I have tickets to MVMCP on Dec 4 we also have park tickets. We have an ADR at LTT for 2:30. We are 2 adults. We plan on sleeping in then heading over for our ADR at 2:30 then doing a few FP's then the party because we don't plan on riding any rides during the party. We also will be sleeping in on Dec 5. The reason we are doing it this way is because we will be there 11 days with 9 day PH's. We will have been at MK for rides and attractions several times before the party including DAH. We just want to enjoy the party exclusive stuff. So it all depends on what you want to do.

We actually have lunch booked at T-Rex at DS for 1pm, and we'll go there at 11 or so to check out the Christmas Tree Trail beforehand. Until then we are just lounging around the resort and hopefully sleeping in (hahaha probably never gonna happen). We DO have an 'extra' park ticket to use since we booked the party after I found our flights and realized we fly out too early on check out day to use that day at the parks :( So, we will head to the park after lunch as we have fp's booked from 3-6. :)

I would not want to use a MK park ticket day for a party day. We are going to MVMCP but heading there after DHS so it's like we're hopping without paying for a hopper. If you go with option 2 for a 1:50pm ADR, won't that use up a day's park ticket since you can't get in for parties until 4pm? That would be a waste of a ticket IMO.

If you do option 1, I would recommend a midday break but that would be a long day.

I haven't done it before like many of the previous posters, but our plan for party day is to arrive around 2:00 (we are DVC members so we can enter at 2:00). We have a FP for Space Mountain at 2:10 and lunch at The Plaza at 3:00. We'll then head over to Adventureland and do BTMRR, and Jingle Cruise before getting into party mode. If my crew is up and at 'em in the morning, we may ride over to DS to see the tree trail first. If we're all in need of a rest, we'll chill at the resort and maybe take a swim if it's warm.

Personally,if we weren't DVC/AP this year, I don't think we would use a park ticket for before the party, because I would be worried about my kiddo tuckering out before the end, and my focus is making it through the party that day. If this is your first/only trip to MK and you want to do it all, then yes - go big! Your 13 year old will be more likely to make it than my 8 year old! But, if you've got other days to enjoy the park, or have been/will be returning, my advice is to do whatever would give you necessary fuel and stamina for the party experience!
I agree with PP that said if you start early, taking a mid-day break might be a good idea.

We have a ticket for the day too, so our plan is to go to Epcot for rope drop, hit TT and Soarin and maybe a couple of other rides, then have brunch at Akershus. We'll go back to our hotel for some relaxing and head to MK mid afternoon. We have FPs for 3 rides before the party. Dinner will be QS, probably Cosmic Rays. We have a quiet day planned the next day to recover.

Even when DD was little, for MVMCP we would go to MK near rope drop (usually between 9:10 and 9:30 a.m. ) and stay until close to the end of the party (we would watch the second parade and then usually leave right after that to avoid the end of the night transportation rush). She is 12 now, and we have gone to MNSSP instead of MVMCP for the last few years, but we still start out at MK about that same time. The only difference is that with MNSSHP we usually have to make a run back to the resort in the middle of the afternoon to change into our costumes-- otherwise we would not leave MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter