MVMCP and canceled FP+

Alright.

Can you help me understand what the issue is?

From what I understand, in previous years, party goers have been able to book FP+ with a valid party ticket that has been successfully linked to their MDE.

Why have things changed suddenly?

What would you suggest doing to prevent me losing my FP+?

Did you contact Disney for any reason AFTER you made your FP+ selections?

It would seem that people's profiles get "flagged" if they make contact Disney Disney after making their FP+ selections that includes a party ticket.

Personally I'd suggest cancelling your party FP+ especially if your last day of FP+ is more important to you.

You could always try to rebook them after your 24 hour warning window has passed.
That may or may not solve the problem and they may or may not be taken away again wihout warning.

Sometimes its just best to suck it up and cancel them completely and just go without.
It sucks and is frustrating but in the end its not that bad.
Its what I had to do for MNSSHP so for MVMCP I made sure to do anything I had to before my FP+ date like call for DME and room requests.

I got two of those emails today. I had booked one fastpass for a party day at 530-630. But Disney is telling me that my fastpasses for the last two days of my trip were in jeopardy of being cancelled because I didn't have enough tickets for the fastpasses I had made. The email told me I had to correct this by Sept 29th, either by buying another ticket or linking an existing ticket. It's now Oct 16th, so they're a little late on that one. But I've cancelled the extra fastpass and double counted how many fastpasses I have with the days of tickets I have and I'm not over. So I'm not really sure why they're telling me two days. I'm hoping that since I cancelled the one extra, I don't loose any of the rest of them.

But after reading this, I realized that I had contacted Disney since they hadn't added my Mom's magic band to the reservation and when they fixed this, they removed my tickets from the reservation. That maybe why they noticed the extra. I just cancelled it because it wasn't that important to me to keep it and the others were. Keeping my fingers crossed. I'm glad I come here to see if anyone else had experienced this.

Did you contact Disney for any reason AFTER you made your FP+ selections?

It would seem that people's profiles get "flagged" if they make contact Disney Disney after making their FP+ selections that includes a party ticket.

Personally I'd suggest cancelling your party FP+ especially if your last day of FP+ is more important to you.

You could always try to rebook them after your 24 hour warning window has passed.
That may or may not solve the problem and they may or may not be taken away again wihout warning.

Sometimes its just best to suck it up and cancel them completely and just go without.
It sucks and is frustrating but in the end its not that bad.
Its what I had to do for MNSSHP so for MVMCP I made sure to do anything I had to before my FP+ date like call for DME and room requests.

I did make some changes to my ADRs.

While I understand that holding a valid party ticket in no way guarantees me anything but park admission for the duration of the event (7-12pm), this “glitch” in the FP+ system feels arbitrary and unfair.

I will wait to hear back from my TA and then if necessary will cancel the FPs I made for our party night.

The email I received indicated that I had until 10/06/2018 which I believe is a typo as I received the email yesterday (10/16/2018). I think it meant 11/06/2018.

As of 5 minutes ago, both my party tix and all FPs were still safely visible in my MDE.

I JUST got the dreaded email and it also said to take action by 9/26 which is bizarre. I had booked all my regular park day FPs before my party FPs. I have FOP on my last park day so I'm not taking chances, but I'm really irritated because I had lined up my party FPs perfectly-- Town Square Mickey, BTMRR, and Splash Mountain all before the party starts.

The e-mails having dates that are off is something new. I have only seen those reports in the last day or so, I think. Almost seems like their system is processing a back-log of such situations, which is odd. With the issues MDE has been having over the last month, I guess not surprising.

I emailed my TA to see if she could find out anything for me.

Is there a phone number you would suggest using?

The one I called today was a “toll free” number for special events.

I am in Canada so would like to avoid having to call a local Orlando number and racking up a huge long distance charge.

To avoid paying long distance phone calls to WDW (I'm also from Canada) I use Google Hangout. Calls are free that way.

I just heard back from my TA and this is what she said....

Unfortunately, because FPs aren't available during the official party hours, party tickets are not eligible for making Fastpasses with. It is a glitch in the system that sometimes allows you to make them, but if you aren't using a regular park ticket on your party day, you can't use Fastpasses that day either.“

I also emailed Disney customer service to see what they had to say about the situation.

Sadly, I will very likely end up cancelling my MVMCP FPs as they are far less important than the ones I have booked on my last park day.

Our party date is 11/29, we booked FP on 9/24 for 11/23 arrival.

I have not gotten the dreaded email yet (hoping we won't, I keep checking to see if all FPs are still there). We will be at WDW at the same time. We also arrive on 11/23, but are doing the party on 11/27. We only have 3 day hoppers (we've decided to extend our stay, so will be upgrading our tickets while there), so our last day of FPs is the party day. I currently have 3 FPs on the party day with the first starting at 3:05. I think the only changes I have done since making FPs have all been through MDE and were cancelling an ADR and modifying magicband colors. This morning I did do early checkin, so hopefully that won't trigger it either.

Something to think about - will adding a day to your tickets cause you to be subject to the new pricing model?

I have no idea to be honest. But something to think about/ask someone more knowledgeable than me?

I just heard back from my TA and this is what she said....

Unfortunately, because FPs aren't available during the official party hours, party tickets are not eligible for making Fastpasses with. It is a glitch in the system that sometimes allows you to make them, but if you aren't using a regular park ticket on your party day, you can't use Fastpasses that day either.“

I also emailed Disney customer service to see what they had to say about the situation.

Sadly, I will very likely end up cancelling my MVMCP FPs as they are far less important than the ones I have booked on my last park day.

That is completely false according to Disney CM's who encourage people to make FP+ prior to official party start time.
No consistency at all around this place.
I'd cancel if your other FP+ are more important.

I’ve had two experiences with booking these “extra” fastpasses. The first was during a DAH night. I got the dreaded email, called Disney, and was told it was a mistake as the system was not recognizing the DAH ticket as a true ticket media but I was most certainly entitled to those FastPasses. They were never deleted by Disney and I used them. Last month I helped a friend plan a November trip. He’s attending the Christmas party. The system was down so fastpasses had to be made over the phone. The CM booked all of the fastpasses for the regular tickets and then proceeded to ask what I wanted for the two hours prior to the party. I never asked. The CM said it was definitely permitted.:confused3 They need to get this straight. It either is or it isn’t.

I’ve had two experiences with booking these “extra” fastpasses. The first was during a DAH night. I got the dreaded email, called Disney, and was told it was a mistake as the system was not recognizing the DAH ticket as a true ticket media but I was most certainly entitled to those FastPasses. They were never deleted by Disney and I used them. Last month I helped a friend plan a November trip. He’s attending the Christmas party. The system was down so fastpasses had to be made over the phone. The CM booked all of the fastpasses for the regular tickets and then proceeded to ask what I wanted for the two hours prior to the party. I never asked. The CM said it was definitely permitted.:confused3 They need to get this straight. It either is or it isn’t.

What?! Why can’t they just make a rule about this and stick to it. I’m so annoyed but I cant risk losing FOP. I just hope ride wait times are low during our party.

That is completely false according to Disney CM's who encourage people to make FP+ prior to official party start time.
No consistency at all around this place.
I'd cancel if your other FP+ are more important.

I just got a reply to my email to Disney. This is what they said:

“While guests with tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party may enter the park at 4pm and enjoy several hours in the Magic Kingdom prior to the start of the party, any Fastpasses selected that begin prior to 4pm will deduct entitlement from their regular theme park tickets. If you have any Fastpass+ selections that begin on that day before 4 pm, please cancel them so as not to lose Fastpass+ selections on other days.”

Sadly, I ended up canceling my 7DMT FP as it was the one I had before 4pm

I just got a reply to my email to Disney. This is what they said:

“While guests with tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party may enter the park at 4pm and enjoy several hours in the Magic Kingdom prior to the start of the party, any Fastpasses selected that begin prior to 4pm will deduct entitlement from their regular theme park tickets. If you have any Fastpass+ selections that begin on that day before 4 pm, please cancel them so as not to lose Fastpass+ selections on other days.”

Sadly, I ended up canceling my 7DMT FP as it was the one I had before 4pm
Still very inconsistent since many people have them prior to 4pm and it seems that only those that contacted Disney after making fastpasses get flagged.
They had said that to me when it happened to my MNSSHP tickets and yet even after deleting the one prior to 4pm the last day was cancelled anyways.
It seems like ya just can't win after you are flagged.

Still very inconsistent since many people have them prior to 4pm and it seems that only those that contacted Disney after making fastpasses get flagged.
They had said that to me when it happened to my MNSSHP tickets and yet even after deleting the one prior to 4pm the last day was cancelled anyways.

Well, I will save the email. If my last day FP+ disappear, I will be emailing Disney to reinstate them.
I have done exactly what they told me to do. If something goes wrong it’s on them to fix it.

Well, I will save the email. If my last day FP+ disappear, I will be emailing Disney to reinstate them.
I have done exactly what they told me to do. If something goes wrong it’s on them to fix it.

Unfortunately the fix they gave me was very unsatisfactory.
They told me they could get MINE back but I would not be able to modify them in anyway. Okay cool. But then it turned out they picked random ones. I called back and they said we can only get what is available. So I forced them to delete them so that I would have control over it mysefl again.
Hence why I will not be contacting them for any reason between now and my December trip since my MVMCP FP+ are intact.

I did not contact them for s single thing and I still got the email.

I wonder if it would have been fine if I just started them at 4 and only chose two?!

I did not contact them for s single thing and I still got the email.

I wonder if it would have been fine if I just started them at 4 and only chose two?!

You did not call them for any reason or if you have a TA you didn't ask your TA to do anything after you made fastpass selections?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!