MVMCP and canceled FP+

shan981

Mouseketeer
I booked our FP+ three weeks ago and was able to book our 7 park days plus our party night. Today I got the dreaded email that I have too many FP+ booked and if I don’t cancel some they will cancel my last day. I’m thinking we may just upgrade to an 8 day ticket instead since it’s only about $10/person to do so.

My question is this: if we change to an 8 day ticket, then use our first park day on our arrival day with no FP+ booked (originally not planning to do a park this day, but maybe we will just go for fireworks or something), will the system then know that we only have 7 park days left and still have 8 days of FP+ again?

We have 7DMT on party night and our last day, so really trying to avoid having to cancel any.

did you book your party FPs after all your regular FPs?

Yes I did.

Edit to add: I did them all the same day, but I did my 7 park days first, then checked to see if it would let me do the party day as well, and it did.

My question is this: if we change to an 8 day ticket, then use our first park day on our arrival day with no FP+ booked (originally not planning to do a park this day, but maybe we will just go for fireworks or something), will the system then know that we only have 7 park days left and still have 8 days of FP+ again?

Adding the 8th day should work, but you need to do this ASAP. They don't give you much time to cancel before they start cancelling.

Just make sure you have a way to watch emails after you get there. I can't imagine they will send another one after you use your first day, but you never know.

Adding the 8th day should work, but you need to do this ASAP. They don't give you much time to cancel before they start cancelling.

Just make sure you have a way to watch emails after you get there. I can't imagine they will send another one after you use your first day, but you never know.

Thank you! It actually says in the email that I received today that I need to cancel before 9/26...? I’m hoping they mean 10/26, but nevertheless, I emailed my TA today to add the day so hopefully she doesn’t wait too long.

When is your party date?? Just wondering how soon before mine did you make yours... I want to keep my eyes open!!

I too got the email and called Disney to verify the information.

The CM I spoke with assured me that as long as I could still see my party tickets and my fast passes on my MDE that it should be ok.

She suggested that it could be due to the new ticket system roll out today.

I am not going to panic.

The CM I spoke with assured me that as long as I could still see my party tickets and my fast passes on my MDE that it should be ok.

I am not going to panic.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am very suspicious of this advice. I would be prepared for your last day of FPs to be cancelled. If I’m wrong and they stay in place, it’ll be a bonus. Just don’t want you to be disappointed.

Knowing this was a possibility from reports last year, I bought an extra days ticket and plan to go in a bit early and use it on party day. We never did this before, last trip 2016, but I didn't want to have to worry about this, especially since my last day of fps include FOP. Anyway, I think buying the extra days ticket is the way to go and will keep your fps safe, but I'm not sure what will happen if you use that day's ticket on a day before the party. You will then be over your alloted fps again. I wouldn't chance that personally. It's just not worth the risk for me, but everyone views it differently. Even though I know it's buying an extra day when I really don't need it, it's only a few bucks and I figure the fps are worth that much.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am very suspicious of this advice. I would be prepared for your last day of FPs to be cancelled. If I’m wrong and they stay in place, it’ll be a bonus. Just don’t want you to be disappointed.

Alright.

Can you help me understand what the issue is?

From what I understand, in previous years, party goers have been able to book FP+ with a valid party ticket that has been successfully linked to their MDE.

Why have things changed suddenly?

What would you suggest doing to prevent me losing my FP+?

Alright.

Can you help me understand what the issue is?

From what I understand, in previous years, party goers have been able to book FP+ with a valid party ticket that has been successfully linked to their MDE.

Why have things changed suddenly?

What would you suggest doing to prevent me losing my FP+?

Hopefully this makes sense....

MNSSHP and MVMCP party tickets will allow you to book FPs. The MDE system reads it as a regular ticket entitlement so it all 'works' when you book. You book FPs for your combination of regular park days and party days and think everything is fine.

Later on down the road... 'some' people - for unknown reasons - get the e-mail warning about having too many FPs booked that don't match ticket entitlements and your last day will be deleted. If you get this e-mail, chances are high if you do nothing they'll be deleted eventually. I don't think I've seen anyone report they did nothing and everything ended up OK.

There are theories as to just what 'triggers' the warning, but none of them have really proven to be 100% reliable. Ultimately it has to be some combination of factors... types of tickets, the source, # of days, etc... but it's been impossible to nail down exactly why. Some people have a running theory that something seemingly unrelated like adding DME details or modifying a reservation somehow triggers it. Like I said, the exact combination of factors is tough to say.

This started fall 2017 for MSSNHP and has been reported on/off again since for the parties.

As to what to do?

You can:

1) Do what Disney says and delete a day of FPs.

2) Call Disney IT and explain your situation. The problem becomes there isn't exactly a stated policy that MNSSHP and MVMCP tickets permit FP booking... so you may be told different things by different CMs. You can try to keep calling until you find someone who understands and they can maybe do something on their end to get them to stay. Reports on the party threads are a bit "YMMV" here.

I know it's frustrating, but hope that helps.

I called Disney, too, and the CM told me that it was because I booked my first FP from 3:30-4:30 on my party day (this was the only way I could get three FP since the last ones were at 5:30-6:00). She canceled my first FP and said I was allowed to have the others, they just had to start after 4pm. Not sure if I should trust this or not, but she seemed confident in making the changes.

Hopefully this makes sense....

MNSSHP and MVMCP party tickets will allow you to book FPs. The MDE system reads it as a regular ticket entitlement so it all 'works' when you book. You book FPs for your combination of regular park days and party days and think everything is fine.

Later on down the road... 'some' people - for unknown reasons - get the e-mail warning about having too many FPs booked that don't match ticket entitlements and your last day will be deleted. If you get this e-mail, chances are high if you do nothing they'll be deleted eventually. I don't think I've seen anyone report they did nothing and everything ended up OK.

There are theories as to just what 'triggers' the warning, but none of them have really proven to be 100% reliable. Ultimately it has to be some combination of factors... types of tickets, the source, # of days, etc... but it's been impossible to nail down exactly why. Some people have a running theory that something seemingly unrelated like adding DME details or modifying a reservation somehow triggers it. Like I said, the exact combination of factors is tough to say.

This started fall 2017 for MSSNHP and has been reported on/off again since for the parties.

As to what to do?

You can:

1) Do what Disney says and delete a day of FPs.

2) Call Disney IT and explain your situation. The problem becomes there isn't exactly a stated policy that MNSSHP and MVMCP tickets permit FP booking... so you may be told different things by different CMs. You can try to keep calling until you find someone who understands and they can maybe do something on their end to get them to stay. Reports on the party threads are a bit "YMMV" here.

I know it's frustrating, but hope that helps.

I emailed my TA to see if she could find out anything for me.

Is there a phone number you would suggest using?

The one I called today was a “toll free” number for special events.

I am in Canada so would like to avoid having to call a local Orlando number and racking up a huge long distance charge.

I am not going to panic.

My suggestion is panic.
Did it say you have 24 hours?
They mean it.
They told me to let it happen and they'd get them back for me but then completely changed their mind when it happened and just said well we can only get you what is currently available and if we do then you don't have the power to modify.
I told them no thanks.

OP I'm not totally sure an 8th day will fix things if you're using the 8th day not on the party day but it might.

Find the date odd since usually it says in 24 hours your last day will be cancelled.

Here's my question for you on my working theory of why it happens...
AFTER you made your FP+ selections did you contact your TA or Disney for any reason?

I called Disney, too, and the CM told me that it was because I booked my first FP from 3:30-4:30 on my party day (this was the only way I could get three FP since the last ones were at 5:30-6:00). She canceled my first FP and said I was allowed to have the others, they just had to start after 4pm. Not sure if I should trust this or not, but she seemed confident in making the changes.

They all do seem confident but many phone CM's have no clue.
Sure they may not WANT you gto make FP+ prior to 4pm but the system allows it and that is probably not the reason you received the email.
AFTER you made your FP+ selections did you contact Disney for any reason?

They all do seem confident but many phone CM's have no clue.
Sure they may not WANT you gto make FP+ prior to 4pm but the system allows it and that is probably not the reason you received the email.
AFTER you made your FP+ selections did you contact Disney for any reason?

Hmmm I don’t think I contacted Disney, but I did contact my TA to book ME. That was probably within a week of booking my FP. So two weeks ago, and I also made a payment (also through my TA).

Hmmm I don’t think I contacted Disney, but I did contact my TA to book ME. That was probably within a week of booking my FP. So two weeks ago, and I also made a payment (also through my TA).

BINGO.
This has been my theory since MNNSHP 2017.
You contacted your TA. They contacted Disney and a flag was triggered.
My FP+ was fine for last year's Halloween party but this year not so lucky because I booked at 30 days out and booked my FP+ and then the next day contacted Disney to book DME and then received the email.
I opted to just deleted my party night FP+.
This trip I made sure to book DME and make room requests prior to my FP+ day so I have ZERO reason to contact Disney between now and my trip unless something goes wrong like my magic bands don't come so that just better not happen lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!