Must-see Kauai and Maui??

Oh wow...so it is a pretty small island? I have ZERO frame of reference.
Oahu is almost 600 square miles and Kauai is 550. But, unlike Oahu, Maui, and the BI, you can't cut through the center of because the terrain won't allow it. So it may be 23 x23, but you'll still have to go the long way around when you drive places. 1 - 1.5 hour drive times is not odd here depending on your starting point, end point, and time of day driving.

ETA: Found this. It's a list of drive times between towns.

http://www.kauai.com/getting-around-kauai

Last edited:
Oahu is almost 600 square miles and Kauai is 550. But, unlike Oahu, Maui, and the BI, you can't cut through the center of because the terrain won't allow it. So it may be 23 x23, but you'll still have to go the long way around when you drive places. 1 - 1.5 hour drive times is not odd here depending on your starting point, end point, and time of day driving.

ETA: Found this. It's a list of drive times between towns.

http://www.kauai.com/getting-around-kauai
I just found this website too and have found it very helpful in planning our itinerary!
Thanks for sharing!

So we are even more official...booked our flights yesterday! Flying into Kauai, staying for 4 nights (where...that's still TBD), fly over to Honolulu and stay 8 more nights there (last 3 nights at Aulani). Sounds like finishing off at Aulani will work out well.

Now just looking into finding a place to stay at Kauai, and deciding what stuff to book. Kids will want adventurous stuff...ziplines, snorkel, etc and they have requested to see a luau also. I figure we'll save the luau for Honolulu and maybe at least a boat tour around Kauai. I'm also looking at that chocolate tour there! Since we'll be struggling with time adjustments, no need to overbook too much there for sure.

It's finally seeming real to us...and we are now about 6 months away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!