Must have snack at DL and DCA ;)

OMG....SO much!

Churros (Disneyland has TONS of specialty churros)

Dole Whips are WAY better at DL. They are super creamy, not icy like WDWs always are.

Literally EVERYTHING in the dessert case at Jolly Holiday Bakery. But especially the Raspberry Rose Mickey Macaron and the Matterhorn Macaroon.

Skewers at Bengal BBQ

Cheddar Garlic Bagel Twist at Maurices Treats/Cozy Cone

Lemon/Blue Raspberry Dole Whip Parfait at the Adorable Snowman in DCA

Jack Jack Cookie Num Num at DCA

Corndogs/cheese stick at Corndog Castle

Obviously nachos at the cart in DCA in Hollywood land

Specialty donuts at the Main Street Cart or Schmoozies at DCA

Pot stickers at the Chinese place in DCA

Beignets at Ralph Brennans Express in DtD (SOOOO much better than Mickey Beignets)

Onion rings at Smokejumpers Grill at DCA (beer battered and YUM...and they have homemade ranch dressing at the toppings bar)

Bavarian pretzel at Sonoma Terrace and sometimes in DL near the Matterhorn

Poutine at Red Rose Tavern (a good snack if you share it)

Oh my goodness. How am I gonna fit all this in in just 4 park days .. Im gonna have to take some tummy meds and prepare to gain 10 lbs HAHA at least there is lots of walking involved.

Other than all the other amazing suggestions here, there aren't enough words to describe how I feel about the fried pickles and a cherry malt from Carnation Cafe. While their regular food is delicious, this snack is what keeps me coming back every time. Always how I start my longer trips.

Z6Fkmwy

I do love some fried pickles!!!

I love the chimichangas at DLR. Wish I could get them at WDW. Delicious, cheap, and filling!
So I've always walked past these and wondered how they were because they look good! Probably a stupid question, but what are they all filled with? And can you get any toppings (ie sour cream or cheese sauce)?

So I've always walked past these and wondered how they were because they look good! Probably a stupid question, but what are they all filled with? And can you get any toppings (ie sour cream or cheese sauce)?

Id like to know too because I don't eat meat .. I eat seafood but thats it .. No land animals :)

They are bean filled and no topping. Plus they are not crunchy. Personally they are a hard pass for me.

Favorite snack is the funnel cake. Corn dog for cheap meal. The beneigts (sp) are better from jazz kitchen express in DTD.

All these churros sound great. DW Ive only had just the plain normal ones lol
I haven’t tried any of the specialty churros yet but the regular ones are so so so much better than WDW’s. Same for corn dogs at DL.

When everyone is raving about the churros, we are talking about the ones IN the parks. There are churros in DTD but those are not the same as the ones in the park and are not nearly as good. We LOVE churros!!

Also, the Mac and cheese cones from Cozy Cones are must haves for us every trip (usually more than once). I would consider it a meal, not a snack, but yummy!!!

A third endorsement of beignets from Ralph Brennans Jazz kitchen in DTD. Since I think you are staying in the GCH per other threads, it is just a short walk to RBs. Our tradition is that on sad departure morning, DH and girls walk to RBs and get beignets while I pack up the room. Then we eat that deliciousness and head to the airport. Helps ease the pain of leaving DLR!!

Is the bread pudding like the one at Ohana?

It changes seasonally. It's also made with sourdough bread. It is served in individual servings. Currently it is cookies and cream with a sweet condensed milk topping. They have had pumpkin, strawberry cheesecake, and traditional versions in the past.

Although, Flos V8 Cafe serves a French toast loaf at breakfast time that is basically a brioche bread pudding and it comes with warm banana caramel sauce on top. They cut you a big slab and it's heavenly! It tastes very similar to Ohana bread pudding.

And, Tangaroa Terrace at the DLH just reopened yesterday and they have a breakfast item that looks suspiciously like Tonga Toast, but again, it's a caramel banana sauce that is both stuffed inside and poured on top. They are calling it Tangaroa Toast and the photo shows a cube of sugar coated fried French toast filled with banana and caramel sauce, topped with whipped cream and toasted coconut. It's on my agenda to get there soon so I can try it! There is also a kids version with Mickey shaped French toast pieces.

How can any of you possibly think you are DLR aficionados and not mention Pooh Corner? Almost everything in that place is to die for! Especially my beloved Tigger Tails!

A Tale of Two Tails…Tigger Tails, That Is -
http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/10/02/a-tale-of-two-tails-tigger-tails-that-is/

:wizard:

Nothing in there isn't also available at all the other candy stores. Except those disgusting Tigger tails. Yep...they are gross. Way too sweet. I much prefer the regular dark chocolate caramel marshmallow wands.

Mainly beans I think, but I believe there is some beef. It's all basically pureed up, so hard to know exactly what is in it. You can get packs of salsa to add to it. Sounds gross but it really is delicious!

in DCA at the Fairfax fruit cart ( but i am sure these are at all the fruit carts in both parks) we had a Giant Pickle. The kids said it was the best pickle they ever had. At that same fruit cart we got some mango slices that came with some Tajan seasoning. This was my favorite snack.

in Poohs corner in Disneyland we got a chocolate covered pineapple spear. it was delicious.
in the mint julep bar in Disneyland we got a 6 pack of mickey Beignets. they were amazing.

Last edited:
- Mint Julip and Beignets @ Mint Julip Bar
- Grey Stuff Gateau @ Red Rose Taverne
- Almost anything at Jolly Holiday Bakery
- Ice Cream @ Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor
- Red's Apple Freeze and Pretzel Bites @ Cozy Cone Motel #4
- Ice Cream @ Clarabelle's Hand Scooped Ice Cream
- Almost anything @ Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop

My next visit I want to try the Raspberry Whip and Pineapple Lumpia @ The Tropical Hideaway

Last edited:
I feel like everyone has mentioned everything already lol
Bacon mac and cheese from Cozy Cone
Beignets
Mint Julep
Raspberry Dole whip
Regular churro (no fruit flavored ones :crazy2:)
Frozen lemonade (my aunt's favorite)
Fudge from trolley treats (another favorite of my aunt's)
The pickles from the snack carts outside (my mom's favorite)

How can any of you possibly think you are DLR aficionados and not mention Pooh Corner? Almost everything in that place is to die for! Especially my beloved Tigger Tails! :cloud9:

A Tale of Two Tails…Tigger Tails, That Is -
http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/10/02/a-tale-of-two-tails-tigger-tails-that-is/

:wizard:

My children all agree with you. While many of the items may be available elsewhere, something about the way Pooh Corner is setup just blows their minds in a very cute and Disney magic way.

Many of our favorites have been mentioned, so there might be repeats:

-Warmed chocolate chip cookie from Sprinkles in DTD

-Frosty Parfait from Adorable Snowman in DCA

-My kids love the slushy drinks from Bing Bongs

-Customized ice cream bars from Clarabelle’s in DCA

-Raspberry/ dole whip swirl from Tropical Hideaway in DL

-Baked potatoes and giant pretzels from Troubadour Tavern in DL (only open on days Mickey and the Magical Map is playing)

And I still want to try the chocolate tamale from Rancho del Zocalo minus the espresso whip. :crazy2: They were sold out last week during MM!

Corn dogs: classic version at the Little Red Wagon (comes with chips), same version at Stage Door Cafe (Frontierland) comes with fries -- there are people who like this corn dog better, people who like Little Red Wagon better (that's us!), and people who can't tell the difference, and a spicy corn dog at Corn Dog Castle in DCA (haven't had it yet, it's on my list, some people swear by this one!).
Churros: all my WDW vet friends say that DL's churros taste better.
Our must do snacks:
Sweet snack: chocolate covered fresh pineapple spear -- available at the Candy Palace (DL), Trolley Treats (DCA), and probably other locations, too. Yum! (and probably counts as a fruit serving if you're trying to be good about nutrition...) Savory snack: Safari Skewer at Bengal BBQ in DL! (grilled bacon wrapped asparagus spear -- so, a vegetable serving to balance out the pineapple!)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter