Must-do dining

rosiegmendez

Mouseketeer
hi all!

New to Universal, appreciate recommendations for can’t miss table and counter service. We’re booking at HRH, June 8 - 10, before moving on to WDW. Will be traveling as a family of 5 (3 of them teens). One of the nights will be a date night with dh.

TIA!

I was thinking of The Palm for date night, thanks for the help!

The Palm is beautiful.......easily the best onsite restaurant for a special occasion or date night.

That’s the only reservation we ever make and I would make a reservation for there as it does get busy, even midweek they can be fully booked. We visit every trip and it has always been perfect.

Good choice.....

I always eat at Toothsomes - usually more than once.
Cowfish is also very good.

Strong Water Tavenr in Sapphire Falls has really good drinks and some very interesting small plates

We love Cowfish, The Palm and The Kitchen. We personally won't go back to Toothsome. We've eaten there twice and none of us have been overly happy. It was just okay and I can get okay anywhere for less money.

We ate at Bice at PBH this past trip and it was amazing!! It will be on our must do especially for a date night. My daughter and her boyfriend are getting expensive since they both turned 21 ;)

If you are looking for a special date night, than I would highly reccomend the Palm at HRH. The last time I was there, they had psychadelic posters lining the hall, so you can try to read them if you have time before your table is ready.

Cowfish, Toothsome, NBC Sports are unanimous favorites with my extended clan. I'd add in Antojito's. Not "date night" worthy, but Margaritaville, Finnegan's and the underappreciated Confisco Grille are consistently well above average.

Sadly, two that were on my "must" list have been recently removed. Mythos is on the bubble for me. Been hit or miss the past few times (and they replaced mashed potatoes with veggies/squash :scared: for the Beef Medallions). Mama Della's went from my #1 or #2 to off my list entirely. Past 3 years has been terrible.

Definitely both Harry Potter quick services (Leaky Cauldron, 3 broomsticks) are awesome for good lunches that go above what you expect at quick service, plus good food, great theming, and reasonable prices. And don't be daunted by any lines either, as you will be amazed at how efficiently they get you seated, tables cleaned, and new people in.

Also, loved Cowfish if you are open to something a little more adventurous (burgers, sushi, or some mixture of those two, and Toothsome is quite unique (and a desert lovers dream).

Vivo is the absolute favourite of our whole family. We are also looking forward to trying Toothsome this trip. We've eaten at both Harry Potter restaurants twice. Not thrilled with either of them. Both times we've had lunch at Three Broomsticks and the food has been almost inedible. We went back the second time because we thought it couldn't possibly be as bad as the first time. It was. The Leaky Cauldron was only marginally better. Another meal we did really enjoy was dinner at the Bula Bar & Grille by the pool at the Royal Pacific. Nothing fancy by any means but good simple food.

I’m a big fan of Margariteville, especially for the service and the attention the entertainers give to the kids.

Also like Cowfish and the dueling pianos at Pat O’Brien’s. Might be on my own here but I wasn’t impressed with my meal at Toothsome. Found everything way too salty.

For quick meals, Breadbox is my favorite.

Cowfish and Toothsome are both excellent. If I had to pick one, I'd pick Toothsome. It's just incredibly good.

We also love Cowfish. I was so excited to try Toothsome but was so let down. I highly recommend Mythos but would choose inside seating. We also ate at Finnegan's in the park and thought it was good.

Try the big pink donut over by the Simpsons. Its inexpensive and very good. Frozen butter beer is a must have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter