Musical Acts at DLR and DCA

lahabratom

Earning My Ears
My wife and used to have annual passed before DCA opened. Now we are thinking of getting back into it for a place to listen to music. Are there any annual pass holders out there that can tell us if there are still any music acts at Tomorrowland stage that play and any bands that play in DCA (rock)? There was once the car and trailer that drove around DCA and played music at certain stops. Sometimes music was played at "The Wharf" and sometimes at "Ariel's Grotto Bar". The Disney website (entertainment) really doesn't show much about what I'm looking for.
We aren't too interested in The Bootstrappers, Dapper Dans, Disneyland Band,Pearly Band, Straw Hatters or Five & Dime type shows. Any help would be appreciated.

The Mariachi Divas regularly play in DCA.
Saturday nights at Disneyland there is a swing band at the Royal Theater.
I thought live music had returned to the Tomorrowland Terrace stage on weekends, but I don't know if that's a regular thing or seasonal.
With all of the festivals and events DCA has been hosting, there have been more guest acts in that park during some times of the year. During the Food and Wine Festival which is ending soon but I believe had a 6 week run, they brought in a bunch of different groups to perform multiple times per day using the stage near WoC and the stage in the Paradise Gardens. I saw Phat Cat Swinger, a pop band, and a jazz group when I was there last week. They had several other types of groups and music genres as well. Similarly during the holiday time food festival, they brought in a bunch of musical groups then too.

Thank you for the information. It does help a lot in my decision as to buying a pass again. Went to Downtown Disney the two weeks ago and found parking there is no longer free for the first three hours. It's no longer on our list of places to go to, we used to listen to the piano players in the lodge. Thanks again.

The live music scene at the parks is sort of in flux right now. Pixar Fest kicked the regular bands out of Paradise Gardens for the summer. And the upcoming construction to the western end of DTD will close the Main Stage starting in June. Right now, the last concert on the Main Stage is scheduled for Memorial Day Weekend. I think Tomasina got the last date. I know Scot Bruce (Elvis) is scheduled there for May 18th. Hard Day's Night is scheduled for May 12th. I think Ry Bradley (3 Grammy nominations!) has an upcoming date, too. There is a rumor that there will be bands returning to TLT, but there has been no confirmation yet. The Royal Swing Ball has a different band every week. Some bands swing/rock (rockabilly style) a little harder than others. As far as parking for DTD, most people have been getting a CS meal for at least $20 or a $20 gift card (e.g. Starbucks, Disney, Jamba Juice, etc.) to cover the validation. If you would use the gift card eventually anyway, it isn't a total waste of money for 3 hours of parking.

If you love the live bands, write a comment to Disney (use the Contact Us link on the website). It's so important to support the live music, and Disney won't do it if they think no one is listening.

I saw where Hiatus (a band originally made up or former Mad T Party performers) announced that they'll be at DTD on June 16th (so hopefully that means the live music will continue into June at least). I agree, if you like the live music, make sure to send Disneyland a comment so that they know guests appreciate it!

There is very often a live band performing at the stage near Paradise Garden Grill at DCA. Usually on weekend afternoons.

The Mariachi Divas regularly play in DCA.
Saturday nights at Disneyland there is a swing band at the Royal Theater.
I thought live music had returned to the Tomorrowland Terrace stage on weekends, but I don't know if that's a regular thing or seasonal.
With all of the festivals and events DCA has been hosting, there have been more guest acts in that park during some times of the year. During the Food and Wine Festival which is ending soon but I believe had a 6 week run, they brought in a bunch of different groups to perform multiple times per day using the stage near WoC and the stage in the Paradise Gardens. I saw Phat Cat Swinger, a pop band, and a jazz group when I was there last week. They had several other types of groups and music genres as well. Similarly during the holiday time food festival, they brought in a bunch of musical groups then too.
The live music scene at the parks is sort of in flux right now. Pixar Fest kicked the regular bands out of Paradise Gardens for the summer. And the upcoming construction to the western end of DTD will close the Main Stage starting in June. Right now, the last concert on the Main Stage is scheduled for Memorial Day Weekend. I think Tomasina got the last date. I know Scot Bruce (Elvis) is scheduled there for May 18th. Hard Day's Night is scheduled for May 12th. I think Ry Bradley (3 Grammy nominations!) has an upcoming date, too. There is a rumor that there will be bands returning to TLT, but there has been no confirmation yet. The Royal Swing Ball has a different band every week. Some bands swing/rock (rockabilly style) a little harder than others. As far as parking for DTD, most people have been getting a CS meal for at least $20 or a $20 gift card (e.g. Starbucks, Disney, Jamba Juice, etc.) to cover the validation. If you would use the gift card eventually anyway, it isn't a total waste of money for 3 hours of parking.

If you love the live bands, write a comment to Disney (use the Contact Us link on the website). It's so important to support the live music, and Disney won't do it if they think no one is listening.
Thank

Thank You for the information.

There is very often a live band performing at the stage near Paradise Garden Grill at DCA. Usually on weekend afternoons.

While the Pixar Palharmonic Band is really cute, this is pretty much exactly the kind of band the OP is trying to avoid.

While the Pixar Palharmonic Band is really cute, this is pretty much exactly the kind of band the OP is trying to avoid.

That is not who I am talking about. That might be who is playing there during Pixar Fest, but outside of that, there are regular local bands who perform there.

That is not who I am talking about. That might be who is playing there during Pixar Fest, but outside of that, there are regular local bands who perform there.

Was the band you mentioned a rock band? The OP specifically wanted to see rock bands. Can you give any further description at all? The only other band we've seen at the Paradise Gardens Bandstand recently was Fresh Rhythm (5 young guys wearing dark suits) who are definitely a local band, but swing, not rock.
Disney tends to keep the music genres sort of location specific, so rock type bands tend to be located in the Hollywoodland area, e.g. Mad T Party (when it was going on). Paradise Gardens Bandstand tends to get more mellow, vintage/retro, or ethnic music (especially during the food festivals and holiday celebrations). So I would be a little surprised if Disney put a real rock band all the way back in that corner. (Although it might be an idea to pull more crowds back there.)

For the OP: Suburban Legends (used to play at Tomorrowland Terrace) are scheduled to play the DTD Main Stage on 5/25 and 5/31.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter