m

Congrats on a great race! Prior to starting with DB plans, I tried to maintain pace on hills. Now I really go for effort, and that's been really helpful to both my mental and physical endurance.

Congrats on your awesome race!

And, while it seems like the 4:00 run intervals would lead to a faster pace, I actually discovered that the 2:30 was much faster. Mentally, I felt like I could hold the fast pace for 2:30, so wasn’t as scared to push it (while that pace would have been hard to hold for 4min, and I probably would have backed off).

Agree wholeheartedly on this. It's much easier to push hard for 2:30 than for 4 mins.

Based on this race though, I do have a question: Pacing on hills…..when out on a regular training run, and you encounter a hill -- do you try to maintain pace, or maintain effort? I’m thinking that maintaining pace makes sense of hills that are short and/or not very steep, but if the hill is large/long, maintaining effort is more reasonable?

I'm with Coach on this one - I always do effort. I have a bunch of hills on some of my regular routes, and if I try to maintain pace, even on the smaller hills, I just feel completely worn out as soon as the hill is over.

Congrats on a great race! Prior to starting with DB plans, I tried to maintain pace on hills. Now I really go for effort, and that's been really helpful to both my mental and physical endurance.

Congrats on your awesome race!

Agree wholeheartedly on this. It's much easier to push hard for 2:30 than for 4 mins.

I'm with Coach on this one - I always do effort. I have a bunch of hills on some of my regular routes, and if I try to maintain pace, even on the smaller hills, I just feel completely worn out as soon as the hill is over.

Thanks for the input - I’ve started trying to match effort on hills and it definitely makes it more manageable.

Saw this yesterday and totally agree....

n1fp0h.jpg

Great training week! And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get to sneak in a DLP anniversary trip, whether you race or not.

Catching up!
Great job on your 10 miler! Hills, man... I don't even wanna talk about them right now. Haha.
Fingers crossed on DL Paris working out for you!!!

Good luck with your booking. I've done Stavanger and Alesund with Disney and Reykjavik on my own. All were wonderful experiences.

Good luck with your booking. I've done Stavanger and Alesund with Disney and Reykjavik on my own. All were wonderful experiences.

Ooh! I’ll be picking your brain for sure - it’s a little overwhelming to be planning for so many different destinations at once...

Ooh! I’ll be picking your brain for sure - it’s a little overwhelming to be planning for so many different destinations at once...
Definitely let me know. It should be an outstanding cruise. That region is so stunning.

So exciting that DLP and a cruise are going to happen! Can't wait to hear about all the planning.

So exciting about both DLP and DCL!!! :D

Also- great choice about scheduling around the storm. We have an office in CT and I love hearing how different their storms are than ours, and this sounded like another doozy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!