Multiple TIW questions

Idaho Mouse

Earning My Ears
We are coming for the Dreams Unlimited party for 11 nights. We decided that we are going to purchase Tables in Wonderland for a few trips in the next twelve months. The first question is where can I complete the purchase? Can I complete the process before we arrive? Second question is we have a CRT reservation and from what I can see that is included in TIW. However, CRT places the charge on your credit card at the time of placing the reservation. How do you use TIW there? Can you use TIW for room service. We are staying at the Poly and figured we would order O'hana room service on the night we arrive.

First :welcome:to the Dis! I see you're a long time member but don't often post. I hope we can help.

Second, have to find out first if you have Annual Passholder tickets & are you a FL resident or DVC member? If so, is the info already linked to you in a Disney account?

What you're looking for are simple, searchable answers from Disney's own website:

How to Purchase
To purchase a Membership, please visit Guest Relations at any of the 4 Walt Disney World theme parks or at Disney Springs. Florida Residents and Annual Passholders may also purchase by phone by calling (407) 566-5858. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery when purchasing by phone.

Pre-Paid Reservations and Dinner Shows
For any participating Walt Disney World restaurant where reservations are pre-paid, please make your reservations as you normally would, and pay the full amount. Once you arrive for your pre-paid reservations, a valid Tables in Wonderland card must be shown at time of arrival or ticket pick-up in order to receive the 20% discount. Tables in Wonderland discounts for show times are subject to change without notice.

Participating locations appear here:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/restaurants/tables-in-wonderland-restaurants/

and do not indicate room service eligible and in fact mostly indicate not eligible for takeout orders, where applicable.

First off thank you for the answer. I had looked at that website but obviously missed these answers. Thank you for the welcome as well. We are new DVC owners and the Dreams Event will be our fourth trip in two years. We live "out west" and have always been Disneyland people. We are new AP holders also. I don't post often but have been able to utilize the boards for numerous questions.

It’s a definite no for room service.

Make SURE TIW makes sense for your trip. While WDW doesn’t traditionally have the extent of food discounts for AP ad Disneyland does, they’ve increased them. And Dvc has discounts on food, too.

Here’s a printable page of discounts: http://allears.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/disc_dining.pdf

If you’re dining at places that already get a 10% discount, it changes the math for whether paying for the TIW is worth it. Of course, TIW covers alcohol...

Good point bumbershoot (you always have one).

Another good resource for the OP is to download the Mouseperks+ app
here http://www.mouseperks.com/index.html

At this site you can quickly bring up the restaurant location (park, DS, resort, etc). It will give you the restaurant name, which discount is offered there, what the % is, & whether there's a restriction, like lunch only. Quick & easy fingertip resource.

We time our TiW purchase so it covers 3 trips over the 12 months. You can purchase it at Guest Services. It activates as soon as you purchase it, so if you purchase it before your trip, it starts at the time of purchase, not the firest time you use it. Different from an AP.
Without any other discounts, you need to spend about $750 to break even. Now Tiw does include alcohol, including lounges.
If you have DVC, AP ro other discounts (because of the 10% discount there), you need to spend closer to $1500 to break even.
It does include free valet parking if you have a car and does automatically add an 18% gratuity to the bill.
We love having Tiw. For us, we save every year. YMMV.

Be careful of that $1500 figure. For us, the AP discount is not “half” the TIW discount because we order good wine.
fully agree. we generally have several glasses of wine with a long meal as well as enjoying the many lounges that WDW has. And that does add up faster for the TiW discount. It really depends on how much alcohol your group will have during the trip.
The only year that the TiW card didn't make sense was the year they gave a 20% AP discount.

Thank you all for the help. I think it will be a good purchase for us. We will use it for three trips and we like a drink at dinner. Looking at the list a few lounges also take TIW. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter