Multiple reservation numbers and 60 day FP window

cdurham1

Most magical at the most magical place on Earth
DVC Platinum
For an upcoming trip, I booked the DS Holiday Inn because I have so many IHG points. They have a special that if you book so many nights using points, you get one free.

Bottom line- I ended up with 3 different reservation numbers for our 7 day stay. I had Disney link the reservations to us, but now I am concerned because it shows up as 3 different reservations.

The concern is whether the FP system will see all of the nights as successive and allow us to book the full 60+7 FP. Or will it only open for the first reservation (limiting us to 60+3 in this case), and then open another 60 day window a few days later?

Does anyone else have experience with this? Thanks in advance!

With spit stays, as long as they run consecutively, the FP window will open at 60 days for your entire stay. Your ADRs, however, will be separate and open 180 days out from each check in day.

I think it's going to depend. Are these back-to-back stays? For instance, are you checking out and then checking back in the exact same day? Or are you checking out on one day and then checking in on another. If you are checking out and in on the exact same day, you should have a continuous FP+ window at the 60 day mark for your entire stay. If you are checking out on one day and then checking back in on a completely different day, you will most likely have different FP+ reservation windows. Here's a link to the split stay question on the FP+ sticky: https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/#post-55337492

Disney does not recognize separate stays, even if they are consecutive, as one stay. The system will see that you have 3 separate stays no matter what.

Hopefully you are checking out and then in again on the same day.

Checking out and in on the same day. We won't have to move rooms or anything. In fact, they will take care of that when we check in the first day without having to actually check out/in. It is just bc the IHG system assigns different reservation numbers bc of the way they do the free night stay.

So maxiesmom, you are saying the Disney system won't recognize them together and we won't have the 60+7 possibility the way it stands now?

No, as long as you check in and out on the same day you will be fine.

All I'm saying is Disney doesn't recognize split reservations as a thing. They see them as separate reservations.

Checking out and in on the same day. We won't have to move rooms or anything. In fact, they will take care of that when we check in the first day without having to actually check out/in. It is just bc the IHG system assigns different reservation numbers bc of the way they do the free night stay.

So maxiesmom, you are saying the Disney system won't recognize them together and we won't have the 60+7 possibility the way it stands now?

As long as you have consecutive, back-to-back (checking out/in on same day) stays, you should be fine making your FP+ for your entire stay 60 days prior to your first check-in date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter