Moving walkways

Haunted mansion has been problematic for my mother since Knee replacement surgery. She also has difficulty on Figment and Spaceship Earth. The cast members can slow it down. They have for her.
As Michigan mentioned, they can stop the Haunted Mansion if she boards at the exit. You still go thru the line and rooms as usual, but there is a hallway before the regular boarding area that the CMs take guests with mobility devices or issues thru to the exit area to board.

Figment comes to a complete stop for all guest for loading and unloading - a group of vehicles stop together for boarding and move thru the ride together.

Spaceship Earth is a hard one. It was being closed for a long renovation when WDW closed; I don’t know what the status of that is. Guests with mobility devices and special needs board at the exit, so that would be a possibility for her. The CMs did board a group of people from the exit at the same time. The moving walkway can ve slowed or stopped when boarding there, but they generally try as hard as possible to only slow it, not stop it. Even with us lifting and carrying our daughter on, they seldom stop it - usually only if we are running out of space.
There have been people who stood up when it stopped, so they really try to avoid stopping it.

As Michigan mentioned, they can stop the Haunted Mansion if she boards at the exit. You still go thru the line and rooms as usual, but there is a hallway before the regular boarding area that the CMs take guests with mobility devices or issues thru to the exit area to board.

Figment comes to a complete stop for all guest for loading and unloading - a group of vehicles stop together for boarding and move thru the ride together.

Spaceship Earth is a hard one. It was being closed for a long renovation when WDW closed; I don’t know what the status of that is. Guests with mobility devices and special needs board at the exit, so that would be a possibility for her. The CMs did board a group of people from the exit at the same time. The moving walkway can ve slowed or stopped when boarding there, but they generally try as hard as possible to only slow it, not stop it. Even with us lifting and carrying our daughter on, they seldom stop it - usually only if we are running out of space.
There have been people who stood up when it stopped, so they really try to avoid stopping it.
WoW! TUSM for your copious reply! I appreciate the info!!

Tell them your mom needs to load at exit of haunted mansion and they will stop it for her.

They are supposed to, but more than once I have encountered cast members at the Haunted Mansion who refuse to do it, and refuse to allow bypassing the stretching room and boarding at the exit. IMO the HM is where they stick any CM who has a bad customer service attitude or poor people skills, in the hopes that their rudeness will be explained away as just trying to act “spooky.”

I don’t say this to be negative or discouraging, but if someone had prepared me for this before my first visit there as an adult with disabilities, it would have been a lot easier for me to handle. I went in blithely expecting that as long as I politely explained my issues and needs in enough detail, everything would automatically go smoothly, And it just made it all the more frustrating on the occasions when it didn’t go that way. I’m not saying you shouldn’t try or that there’s no chance of getting the needed accommodation; I’m just saying that it’s not necessarily an automatic guarantee and you may end up having to push for it.

They are supposed to, but more than once I have encountered cast members at the Haunted Mansion who refuse to do it, and refuse to allow bypassing the stretching room and boarding at the exit. IMO the HM is where they stick any CM who has a bad customer service attitude or poor people skills, in the hopes that their rudeness will be explained away as just trying to act “spooky.”

I don’t say this to be negative or discouraging, but if someone had prepared me for this before my first visit there as an adult with disabilities, it would have been a lot easier for me to handle. I went in blithely expecting that as long as I politely explained my issues and needs in enough detail, everything would automatically go smoothly, And it just made it all the more frustrating on the occasions when it didn’t go that way. I’m not saying you shouldn’t try or that there’s no chance of getting the needed accommodation; I’m just saying that it’s not necessarily an automatic guarantee and you may end up having to push for it.

You are not alone - I too have experienced the occasional CM at HM who were literally as unhelpful as they possibly could be. In the past, we would typically just leave, and try to get back around later, knowing that by the time we grabbed another FP+, the offending CM would probably be gone. We did run into the same guy twice in one day once, and the second time he said "Back again so soon?" and I smiled, told him exactly what I needed, and there was no pushback. (although I was *ready*! LOL)

Luckily, it is the only place where we have encountered really unhelpful CMs, and I always thought it was just me being hypersensitive about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts