Moving the Tip

DCLCrazy64622

DIS Veteran
hi all. We have put our 3 platinum people in rooms with other non-platinum people so everyone can enjoy the benefit of Palo and free sparkling wine in their room. My husband, who is assigned to my friend’s room in another part of the ship will be sleeping/living in my room. My question is, how is it best to go about moving his stateroom tip so that the stateroom host who is actually making his bed and cleaning up after him gets the tip instead of the stateroom host who will pretty much never see his face. Should I cancel the original tip and then just pay cash to the appropriate stateroom host? I don’t think guest services cares who sleeps where so I’m not opposed to going to the GS desk and telling them what’s happening. But I wasn’t sure if there were other consequences behind the scenes I’m not aware of. Thanks for the advice.

Cannot give input on changing or moving the tip, it seems easier to just get everyone in the correct stateroom. Pre- cruise we have split our family between grandparents (x2) as well as aunt and uncle on three separate sailings. Each time, once we have checked in we reorganized into the staterooms which we everyone will be sleeping in. Never had to rework anything or worry about family split amoungst muster stations. We have done that before boarding as well as at guest services once we were on board (After Cabanas and before staterooms we’re ready).

I don't believe there is any mechanism in place to move auto-gratuities between rooms. The only way to do want you want to do that I'm aware of is to cancel the auto-gratuities and pay cash.

You are going to receive suggestions to go ahead and tip the stateroom attendant for your husband's original room as well since that cast member is going to be expecting 2 people's tips for the room but that is a personal decision.

Cannot give input on changing or moving the tip, it seems easier to just get everyone in the correct stateroom. Pre- cruise we have split our family between grandparents (x2) as well as aunt and uncle on three separate sailings. Each time, once we have checked in we reorganized into the staterooms which we everyone will be sleeping in. Never had to rework anything or worry about family split amoungst muster stations. We have done that before boarding as well as at guest services once we were on board (After Cabanas and before staterooms we’re ready).
We did it so that all three rooms of families could board together. Only one family is platinum so we split all 3 up.

I don't believe there is any mechanism in place to move auto-gratuities between rooms. The only way to do want you want to do that I'm aware of is to cancel the auto-gratuities and pay cash.

You are going to receive suggestions to go ahead and tip the stateroom attendant for your husband's original room as well since that cast member is going to be expecting 2 people's tips for the room but that is a personal decision.
There will be 2 people in the room still. He was the third in both rooms.

We did it so that all three rooms of families could board together. Only one family is platinum so we split all 3 up.

If you rearrange after boarding that is a none issue. But we have always received one boarding card for the whole party even when staterooms were rearranged prior to boarding, granted the staterooms reservations were linked. Only once did we make the switch at guest services after boarding. Our experiences span from 2013 - 2017 so it was consistent between those years.

Once rearranged all the people were in the right stateroom from that point forward. Even the tip printout had the family grouped properly.

February and his month we had to do the rearranging once on-board (they would not do in the terminal and both times directed us to Guest Services after boarding).

February and his month we had to do the rearranging once on-board (they would not do in the terminal and both times directed us to Guest Services after boarding).
Did each stateroom get to keep the platinum benefits even though you moved the platinum person out of the room once on the ship?

FYI: nothing to do with your question ( I hate when people do this lol) but something I found out after a few Platinum cruises.
You can have your sparkling wine delivered to Palo and have it with your brunch/dinner. They do not charge the corkage fee!!
Room Service is in charge of the delivery of the wine so just give them a call when you board and let them know you where you want it delivered.

Now will all cabins have 2 people?? So just charge the tips to the credit card on file for the cabin. So if the credit card in your cabin is for the both of you that should work??

So every cabin should have a credit card linked to it. The card should be linked to the first name on the cabin. It should change tips for 2 people per cabin.

FYI: nothing to do with your question ( I hate when people do this lol) but something I found out after a few Platinum cruises.
You can have your sparkling wine delivered to Palo and have it with your brunch/dinner. They do not charge the corkage fee!!
Room Service is in charge of the delivery of the wine so just give them a call when you board and let them know you where you want it delivered.

Any bottle given to you as a gift from DCL has no corkage fee. We always bring out Palo perk sparkling wine to the regular MDR and are never charged a corking fee. Same with a bottle we won at one of the contests....

MJ

Any bottle given to you as a gift from DCL has no corkage fee. We always bring out Palo perk sparkling wine to the regular MDR and are never charged a corking fee. Same with a bottle we won at one of the contests....

MJ
I never knew this. Thanks for the info! I wish I would have known this when I was on the dream this past week. Haha

We were in the same scenario. My husband in room 2, me and our kids in room 1. I prepaid tips for our stateroom, my brother's family did not.

It was a gigantic pain in the ***. We were able to move my husband to our room at guest services on board. BUTTTTT.... my brother (who was originally on my room) had the tip follow him to his room. So it looked like we owed for my husband on our onboard account. I visited guest services myself one afternoon and had a hell of a time trying to explain to the cast member to move the tips. She thought we wanted it removed completely. I finally had to get my brother to come with me and they were finally (after like a good 15-20 mins) able to do something so my husband was 'paid for" on our room and my brother was not.

Next time, I would just give the second stateroom the cash or not prepay if we had 2 rooms at all. .

Did each stateroom get to keep the platinum benefits even though you moved the platinum person out of the room once on the ship?

We are Gold so cannot say as had no free Palo reservation to impact. I know the automatic tips follow the changes made on-board with Guest Services as I had both rooms linked to my card and the statement at the end of the cruise had everyone listed for the room they actually were changed to (listed beside their name) and not how we booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter