Moving People to DVC Resorts during Reopening. Is it right?

But it is not just DVC that is being shut out. It is their own cash guests staying at their resorts too,

The email that was sent to DVC was the same one sent to cash guests...honestly, I think that was more of an easy way to get them out vs, trying to set things up to weed out DVC points and cash.

Again, if they were letting cash guests get 2020 tickets while moving them to DVC, then I would agree it would be a bad thing,

But, it’s not...it is everyone with a onsite stay, no matter how they paid...so what reason would they have to prevent those guests from getting tickets?

I hope your right, things just don't look right.

"so what reason would they have to prevent those guests from getting tickets?" - To make the DVC members not get upset. = "if they were letting cash guests get 2020 tickets while moving them to DVC, then I would agree it would be a bad thing,"

Example:

Lets assume all resorts are full of guest with 50% owning tickets (I suspect DVC is less.. but w/e)

Say of all guest at All Stars 50% need tickets. So let the 50% cancel or move to 2021.
Then move the 50% with tickets to the now free DVC rooms.
Method gives Disney $$ for the room and the tickets. AND THEY DIDNT SELL A SINGLE NEW TICKET.

Say of all guest at All Stars 50% need tickets. So let the 100% cancel or move to 2021.
No guest move to DVC.
Method gives Disney $$ from JUST the tickets sold to DVC.

3rd option: Delay selling tickets so they can move more guest into free DVC rooms. Then last min say "we selling tickets now". By delaying Disney will surly get more DVC guest to cancel and allow them to move the closed resorts guest.

I mean we already know Disney is moving guest from closed resorts to DVC. Im sure the guest being moved will have tickets, and if they don't Disney will get $$ for the room.

If Disney has no where to put closed resort guest WHO HAVE TICKETS, Disney looses all their money.

Again I think its very shady for Disney to keep 2020 guest in the dark. Already we are hearing more and more people "packing it in" and moving to a later date.

Finally asking Guest to "take action" by July 1st gives me hope that come July 2nd Disney will know how many people will still be going. Hopefully then they can sell us tickets for 2020 trips.

Last edited:
I don't know what all this SAPs talk is, it confuses me. Whats does "SAPs" mean? I originally bought SSR 100 points because it was cheap. For 3 years I stayed at multiple resorts and not once SSR. After 3 years I was tired of not getting BLT. I eventually sold my SSR 100 points and now own 520 BLT points.

SAP's = Stay Away Points

Basically, folks who buy points at the "cheaper" ($ per point) resorts (SSR/OKW) with the intention of only using them for other resorts.

Your SSR points were, by your admission, SAP's. My 120 SSR points are SAP's.

I hope your right, things just don't look right.

"so what reason would they have to prevent those guests from getting tickets?" - To make the DVC members not get upset. = "if they were letting cash guests get 2020 tickets while moving them to DVC, then I would agree it would be a bad thing,"

Example:

Lets assume all resorts are full of guest with 50% owning tickets (I suspect DVC is less.. but w/e)

Say of all guest at All Stars 50% need tickets. So let the 50% cancel or move to 2021.
Then move the 50% with tickets to the now free DVC rooms.
Method gives Disney $$ for the room and the tickets. AND THEY DIDNT SELL A SINGLE NEW TICKET.

Say of all guest at All Stars 50% need tickets. So let the 100% cancel or move to 2021.
No guest move to DVC.
Method gives Disney $$ from JUST the tickets sold to DVC.

3rd option: Delay selling tickets so they can move more guest into free DVC rooms. Then last min say "we selling tickets now". By delaying Disney will surly get more DVC guest to cancel and allow them to move the closed resorts guest.

I mean we already know Disney is moving guest from closed resorts to DVC. Im sure the guest being moved will have tickets, and if they don't Disney will get $$ for the room.

If Disney has no where to put closed resort guest WHO HAVE TICKETS, Disney looses all their money.

Again I think its very shady for Disney to keep 2020 guest in the dark. Already we are hearing more and more people "packing it in" and moving to a later date.

Finally asking Guest to "take action" by July 1st gives me hope that come July 2nd Disney will know how many people will still be going. Hopefully then they can sell us tickets for 2020 trips.

The major moves to DVC were prior to July 10th...Disney has now announced opening of their own resorts and since then, most guests are being moved to Disney hotels.

The ones most often getting moved to DVC now after parks open are the deluxe guests.

I get people are frustrated that they have not given a date...but I simply think the argument that this has to do with DVC vs all onsite guests without tickets is simply not based in anything that is occurring in terms of 2020 ticket sales.

They have said...they won’t sell 2020 tickets, including APs now, to anyone until they know there are park spaces. Other than the date, it’s pretty clear the reason.

Disney doesn’t use DVC rooms for free either...they either use their own points like any owner...or, they pay a fee to offset MFs, capped at 2.5% of the annual dues...its always that way...and we always are maxed out.

I don't know what all this SAPs talk is, it confuses me. Whats does "SAPs" mean? I originally bought SSR 100 points because it was cheap. For 3 years I stayed at multiple resorts and not once SSR. After 3 years I was tired of not getting BLT. I eventually sold my SSR 100 points and now own 520 BLT points.

It's sleep around points. Basically it was what you had where you buy points cheap at a location you don't really intend to stay at. You book rooms elsewhere on site and only book at your home resort when forced to typically.

SSR, OKW, and AKV are the most popular SAP options typically and it all just comes down to price really.

Disney doesn’t use DVC rooms for free either...they either use their own points like any owner...or, they pay a fee to offset MFs, capped at 2.5% of the annual dues...its always that way...and we always are maxed out.

So they are using extra rooms for free. If they already are planned on being capped out everyone room they can free up by forcing a DVC owner to cancel because they won't sell tickets is more money directly to their pockets. It also lowers resort and park overall attendance.

So they get the money from the room that likely makes up for tickets.

I am not sure if Disney is that sneaky or not. It does force people to cancel though.

I would assume Disney makes more money if a family is moved from All Star to BWV even though the family doesn't pay any extra. Reason being Disney doesn't need to chip in any more money to MFs since they already capped out.

So they are using extra rooms for free. If they already are planned on being capped out everyone room they can free up by forcing a DVC owner to cancel because they won't sell tickets is more money directly to their pockets. It also lowers resort and park overall attendance.

So they get the money from the room that likely makes up for tickets.

I am not sure if Disney is that sneaky or not. It does force people to cancel though.

I would assume Disney makes more money if a family is moved from All Star to BWV even though the family doesn't pay any extra. Reason being Disney doesn't need to chip in any more money to MFs since they already capped out.

I am sorry but this entire argument that Disney stopped selling tickets to everyone just to get DVC to cancel is just plain silly.

As I already shared, the moves to DVC are pretty rare since Disney hotels are opening...most are getting lateral moves.

Again, if Disney is taking rooms they are entitled to, it doesn’t matter why..and with the closures, maybe having more cash guests in DVC will ensure that the breakage cap is met.

They are opening Pop, CR and Ft Wilderness. By late July, they added CBR. If the entire point is to get DVC to cancel to move guests there, we would not be seeing them opening up their own resorts and moving most guests to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!