Moving into housing for DCP

Accio Mickey Bar

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if it is possible to move in earlier than move in day? Our family wanted to go down a couple days early and go to the parks but leave all my belongings in the housing for DCP.

I doubt it. You have a date/time to check in. Then you get your key. We arrived early but just left everything all packed and just took it over on check in day.

I'm not sure anyone has ever tried, but usually that means you can't. Either because security probably wouldn't let you in since you neither have a key nor a housing ID or something with the rent. You could email housing to check, my guess is there's a reason why nobody's ever done it so they'd give you a hard no.

No - my DS did DCP twice, my DD did it once.

They have a system. It has a lot to do with it being rental housing.

No, 3 kids participated in the program, and they were still repainting rooms the night before move in. The process for move in involves tents, meetings, speakers etc. so no way to skip ahead. We always went early and just booked a room somewhere.

That and the fact that these are apartments. Generally there are people living there and still finishing their program, that is the largest reason why you wouldn't be able to. I don't know about painting, as far as I know, they don't do anything between people moving out of apartments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!