Mousesavers...I think my son is going to want to kiss you!!

dznynut

Mouseketeer
Thanks to the great discount codes on Mousesavers for the All Stars in July my son is in for a great surprise. He is a very good student who studies very hard. He goes to a Catholic school that has very tough grading standards. Last year he got straight A's all year and his "reward" was a brand new "real" drum set. Don't worry, he's been taking lessons and is actually pretty good! He has received straight A's all year this year and I'm pretty confident he'll do the same for the last quarter when he gets his report card in about 2 weeks. Anyway, I was thinking about what would be a good "reward" this year and I got a brilliant idea. We (myself, DH and DS) were going to go to Colorado to vist my BIL and his wife this summer. With the rising airfare cost, hotels for 4 days and food, our "little" trip was going to be about $1,500. I had saved about $1,200 for the trip, but the airfare kept going up and up. DH said let's just forget the trip, too expensive. Anyway, I did some figuring (us Accountants are good at that!) and found that for about $1,000 DS and I (DH isn't quite the WDW nut that I am, plus we're all going on the 4 day DCL cruise and 12 days at WDW over Christmas and New Years) could go to WDW for a week in July. We have PAPs, we can eat cheap (well, as cheap as you can eat at WDW!) and with the $65/night rate, I had a plan. First I made sure DH was fine with the idea. I presented it that it wouldn't cost us a thing (I had already saved the $$), DS would like it, I would REALLY like it and he would get rid of us for a week! He said no problem, so I hatched plan. DS gets his report card on the last day of school (June 1st). When I pick him up, I'm going to look at his report card and say "Jacob, you just got straight A's all year. What are you going to do next?" Then I'm going to hand him a postcard with Mickey on it that says "You're going to Disney World in 7 weeks!!!" I can't wait. Thanks again Mousesavers. I never imagined I could find such a great rate in the middle of summer.

wow--i wish my mom had done that for me! i know he'll love it and wish i could see his face when you give him the post card!

ali

I have the biggest grin on my face right now!

Wow, what a neat surprise for your son. I think it's great that you're recognizing his hard work, and that the two of you will get to make this trip together.

I'm really thrilled that Mouse Savers helped you do this. Now go and have a fabulous time!

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Wow, what a wonderful surprise! (Aren't those the best???) Sounds like he's really deserving of this trip!!!

Congratulations and good luck keeping your secret!!!

TC

How neat!!! Please let us know his reaction when you tell him!!!!!

Way to go MOm! My mom never did anything like that...

Mary at Mousesavers is AWESOME!!!

Great idea...if you have a camera, you should post his pic with the "winning" postcard! :)

Thanks everyone for your positive responses. I feel like the cat that swallowed the canary! I got our plane tickets this weekend, so now it seems real. I've caught myself a few times starting to ask my son a question, like would he like to be on the ground floor at All Star Music, or if he would like to go see a movie at AMC a Disney's West Side. Only 10 more days until I can spill the beans. He just said to me this morning , "Do you think I could get a Game Boy Advanced (a video game system) if I get all straight A's again?" I just smiled and said "We'll see." In my mind I was thinking, "I think you'll like what you're getting!" I think I'll be more excited than him. Wish me luck in keeping my mouth shut!

There's nothing better than a good surprise! I don't have children yet, but this one goes down in my parenting tip book!

Jenn

dznynut, I planned my own little surprise trip to WDW this last Spring Break. I had been planning it since August 0f 2000! The morning after oldest son's wedding, I woke youngest DS up and said, "Wake up, DS, we're going to WDW! His reaction: "NOW????" 1/2 hour later we were out the door! We had a ball! Enjoy your special memory!!!! TC :cool:

Since I live in IN also I will know what that loud sound of glee will be when I hear it in a few days. What a lucky mom you are to have such an intelligent and hardworking son and how lucky he is to have such a thoughtful and loving mother.

I hope you have a wonderful time and you will have such great memories to remember in later years.

SlightyGoofy

I had tears in my eyes reading that!! WHat a special mom and a special little boy!! I can't wait to hear how he reacted!!!

WHat a great surprise!!!!

Janet (Wife to Disneybound4ever)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter