• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mouseketeer Club (Contemporary)?

catjammies

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used this particular childcare lately????

What can you tell me about it & its workers????

We haven't used this club, but I thought I'd bump it for you. We did use the Neverland Club, and our kids loved it!! :D

I've checked to see if anyone has answered your question. I was hoping the there would be someone out there who could respond. We've been thinking about using this also, but wanted to get some feedback from others before making a decision.

There has to be someone out there who can tell us something...Please!!!!:D

I haven't used it, but I did peek in when we were there in November. The atmosphere sure didn't do anything for me. It looked like a basic pre-school classroom, with no particular Disney theming (at least that I could see from my quick look.) But then the whole environment of the Contemporary does nothing for me. The fast food area is pretty blah, too. I guess I was expecting something more exciting.

I hope someone will come along who has actually used it, or one of the other kid care places.

You should honestly consider the Neverland Club at the Polynesian. I had my niece there and she didn't want to leave....alot of activities for the kids. Dinner included. They have video games, arts and crafts, movies and an inside jungle gym. I think there are more children in that area then at the other resorts. We did leave my daughter at the VWL, but there was no comparision.

Personally, for as many times as I have stayed at the Comtemporary I haven't seen the club there. I have stayed there for over 30 years.

Hopefully, I was able to offer you a bit of info.

We used the Mouseketeer club last June. I really thought this club had the nicest and friendliest staff. My daughter got a kit for making bead animals (I think) and got to bring it all back with her even though it wasn't finished. The boys played video games to their hearts content. My daughter was watching a movie when we picked up and none of them was ready to leave. We also used the Neverland Club and Simba's clubhouse. It is true that the clubhouse is not as visually appealing as Simba's clubhouse, but there, the CMs turned off the video games at some point and forced the kids to lie down and watch movies. One made a big point of telling me more than once how unhappy my boys were to get off of the games. (There's a big surprise - we don't have any at home and this was a BIG thrill.) I didn't really see inside the Neverland club, because it was pouring rain, a madhouse and the CM who was checking in was very curt and rushed and bossy. My kids liked all three clubs (with the exception of not getting to play video games the whole time at Simba's), so that was not an issue. At the Contemporary and at the the AKL, my three kids were the majority at the club - maybe 1-2 other kids - and there were generally 2-3 CMs in the room. Not sure how many kids or CMs were at the Neverland club.

I will say though, if you are staying at the Contemporary or eating there and not going to any other resort already, it was not worth it to us to make a special trip to the Neverland club. You cannot get to the club without going out into the rain when it is pouring and you are dressed up for Victoria and Alberts (and the umbrellas at the Poly are not cheap). We didn't bring ours, because at every other resort we visited, the kids club was in the main building. Granted, this will not be an issue for everyone, but it was a hassle to start our 15th anniversary evening this way. Plus the special trip all the way back to pick them up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter