Mount Prometheus going under refurbishment till October 2020

What?!! Why would they announce this so late? They’re already closing pretty much all of Frontierland during my trip
I know, right? It seems unexpected. I guess we'll find out within the next month how extensive the refurbishment is going to be. Fingers crossed for the eruption to still be operational!

With the massive amount of people coming to Tokyo for 2020, why would they want their centerpiece under refurbishment during the Olympics?!

I know, right? It seems unexpected. I guess we'll find out within the next month how extensive the refurbishment is going to be. Fingers crossed for the eruption to still be operational!

With the massive amount of people coming to Tokyo for 2020, why would they want their centerpiece under refurbishment during the Olympics?!
I have no idea. I’m gonna try to not worry about it until I know any further otherwise I’ll just stress myself out. I’m already worried about possibly not seeing the Ghibli Museum because they decided to refurb that right at the end of May

I remember reading about this in the fall of last year. Couples looking into DisneySea weddings were being warned that the refurbishment was coming. So, while it seems sudden, I think they were planning it for quite some time & possibly settling things with the contractor, etc. I know the official announcement came on the TDR website last month so I don’t know why it’s just being reported now.

The simple answer for timing is that they care more about having the sight lines clear for TDR’s 35th anniversary than for the Olympics. Local/repeat guests are heavily valued & that is who will be making a special trip for the anniversary celebration.

This is a needed visual refurbishment. The mountain has been battered by weather & recently some of the paint has started to peel. I don’t think they could wait until after the Olympics while maintaining their quality standards.

I have no idea. I’m gonna try to not worry about it until I know any further otherwise I’ll just stress myself out. I’m already worried about possibly not seeing the Ghibli Museum because they decided to refurb that right at the end of May

No stress allowed Haley! If Ghibli Museum is closed then that's just another great reason to visit Tokyo again in the future! I'm super bummed about Mt. Prometheus being under refurb but if Journey is still up and running while we are there then it's okay, right?

No stress allowed Haley! If Ghibli Museum is closed then that's just another great reason to visit Tokyo again in the future! I'm super bummed about Mt. Prometheus being under refurb but if Journey is still up and running while we are there then it's okay, right?
Ghibli opens June 1 so we actually still have a chance to go but I’ve emailed jtb USA twice with no answer. They said they answer in 2 days and it’s been 4. So maybe I’m just getting nervous for no reason but I’ve heard the tickets sell out fast.

As long as journey stays open I’ll be good!

Well the park has been open almost 20 years, so I guess this shouldn't be TOO surprising, but hopefully it won't affect views too much

I wonder if this means Journey to the Center of the Earth would be taken out for a long period at the end of this year or next year. I think it could be kinda funny to see a giant crane or something as you shoot down the side of the volcano.

Ghibli opens June 1 so we actually still have a chance to go but I’ve emailed jtb USA twice with no answer. They said they answer in 2 days and it’s been 4. So maybe I’m just getting nervous for no reason but I’ve heard the tickets sell out fast.

As long as journey stays open I’ll be good!
This is strange. I called JTB Toronto about getting tickets for July and was told to send in the online request on March 28. Since their office closes at 5 pm, I plan to email them after 5 pm on March 27. I can only give them 2 dates only. If I can’t get tickets for either of these dates, I will have to plan another trip in the future.

This is strange. I called JTB Toronto about getting tickets for July and was told to send in the online request on March 28. Since their office closes at 5 pm, I plan to email them after 5 pm on March 27. I can only give them 2 dates only. If I can’t get tickets for either of these dates, I will have to plan another trip in the future.
Yeah we really only have 2 dates available as well. I’m not sure why they aren’t responding. Maybe I’ll call instead. Otherwise I might have to go through lawson’s

:offtopic: But I emailed jtb on their generic form and they got back to me within like 10 minutes. They said they won’t start doing ghibli packages for June until March 1 or after. Their website says you can send them in as early as 15 days before the first of the month so I guess I was just expecting a response back to my inquiry. Apparently they don’t really look at them until the first of the month but you can send them in early. I’m not sure it benefits you at all by sending it in early, but I’m happy that we still might have a chance at tickets

Is anyone at TDS now (or has been there recently)?

Would love to hear how the renovations of Mount Prometheus are going. Pictures would be awesome. Thank you! (Trying to decide if we should keep our harbor view room at the MiraCosta)

Is anyone at TDS now (or has been there recently)?

Would love to hear how the renovations of Mount Prometheus are going. Pictures would be awesome. Thank you! (Trying to decide if we should keep our harbor view room at the MiraCosta)
From today

VwfiRHg.jpg

oNeI17a.jpg

Yeah that doesn’t look pretty. We’ll be there June 11. I guess my pictures just might be ugly

You should be able to get great shots inside Mysterious island!

Although I haven't been yet, it seems like Mt. Prometheus is pretty visible from most places in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!