Motorola's etc & why you need them???

Nutsy

<font color=green>Only drinks Cappuccino<br><font
I'm curious as to why a lot of you people out there use these two way radios in the parks over there? I mean, if you are in a family group would you not be walking around together, so why the need for these two ways?

It's puzzling for me to try to comprehend the need of them. We are heading over there in September & am wondering if we need to get any of these, but then there is the question of what do we do with them afterwards. We certainly don't have a use for them over here in our theme parks.

Can someone give me some good advice on this please?:confused:

Well in case anyone in your group wants to split from the rest (or if you have teens who want to be alone but still within "ear shot" for safety ). Also would be useful if waiting in line - send someone to go and get fast passes for the group. Or if your are doing a kid swap .... ETc ETC...... We just bought some at a lower price - just to see if we would use them or not - I know of people who use them while shopping at malls (easier to track the other person done- compare deals at stores etc) I will use mine w my kids when they play outside this summer - check in on them as needed or find them if I can't see them thru the window.
If you don't think your group will be splitting up then chances are you won't need them . Depends on the size and ages of your group- this yr we will have a teen w us so decided to buy them for peace of mind and a lil independence . I also tend to wander when in stores (searching for Deals!!!) and DH gets very annoyed when he can not find me lol....

Thanks for that advice. It does clear things up a bit for me. This trip of ours will be our first & final, hence the hesitation in going out & buying two ways.

I do have two teenagers, but with this being our first & only time we will be staying together as a family. I can see that they can be very useful & depending on price may or may not decide to invest in some.

I did look into Mororollas on the web, but the company is in the States & will not ship outside the States. Will have to go do a bit of detective work in the shops over here to see if they have anything similar.

Thanks again

Hello! We are twice a year visitors to Disneyland and always seem to travel with extended family. At least three generations anyway, we use the two-ways to meet up at different parts and they will work from inside the parks to the Dianeyland Hotel and the Grand Californian hotel.

This is helpful if you have children who need to nap or teenagers who like to stay up late and then sleep til noon. They can always find you. Be sure to get ones that have lots of channels and subchannels. We noticed as they became more popular the lower channels get a lot of activity on them esp. during the crowded times like Thanksgiving.

Hope this helps!

Clark, Kristina & Kyle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter