Motorized wheelchairs?

wdwgal

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if there are motorized wheelchairs in Downtown Disney ... and if so where are they located for rental? My DH has gout and severe arthritis. We will be in WDW in a couple of weeks with my DD5 and I thought we might spend an afternoon in Downtown Disney. Most of the time DH does OK, but I know we will be doing alot of walking throughout our trip and wanted to know if these wheelchairs are available

Any info would be appreciated... :goodvibes

wdwgal

There are ECVs for rent at DTD just as there are at the parks. No power wheelchairs but I suspect an ECV is what you are looking for....a scooter type thing?

No, motorized wheelchairs are not available. Electric conveyence vehicles (ECV) are. This is probably what you are looking for.

The only places that rent power wheelchairs are the offsite medical companies, and they only rent them to people who are already using one (but maybe don't want to travel with it).

You can rent ecvs from one of the off-site medical places (look in the disABILITIES FAQs near the top of this board). They also have limited numbers of ecvs to rent in the parks and extremely limited numbers at DD(someone recently posted that there are 5) .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter